OtherGround Forums Michael Vick, in case you forgot

12/4/19 5:54 AM
3/17/14

Funny because Vick has done more for dogs them pretty much everyone in this thread has combined.

You want to judge the man then show what you have done for the dog community as a whole.

12/4/19 8:23 AM
4/9/10
gregbrady -

lol @ sending a guy to jail for yrs for fighting pitbulls, thats what they're made to do.

what a travesty of justice and a waste of taxpayer money.

lets pay 100k to imprison someone that poses no danger to other humans!!!

should have slapped his wrist and moved on

just because you really like your dog doesn't mean our society should treat it any different than some other possession someone likes, like their car, or a nice potted plant.

The local dog hater has arrived. 

12/4/19 8:48 AM
5/13/11
BruteDion -

Funny because Vick has done more for dogs them pretty much everyone in this thread has combined.

You want to judge the man then show what you have done for the dog community as a whole.

This is my favorite idiotic argument in this thread. 

12/4/19 11:18 AM
2/5/06
donkypunch55 - 

I think he's a reprehensible person for what he did.  
I also think he's paid for it and deserves to be able to move on and make a living.

No need for the two opinions to be mutually exclusive.

Oh look!

A rational human being.

I think half the problem is people are addicted to the smell of their own farts. They get off on judging others because it makes them feel better about themselves. "I never hurt an animal so I'm a great person!"

I'll add that most everyone in this thread has done something in their past that another could judge and label them a piece of shit for...it may not even be criminal. You may have done really shitty things in the past, that doesn't automatically mean you're a piece of shit person today. This was 12 years ago, a lot can change in just a couple years, Vick was 27 years old, now he's almost a 40 year old man. I'm 43, I'm not the same person I was when I was in my 20's, no man is. Judge the man for his actions today, digging up things that he's already paid for, from over a decade ago only shows your own insecure character.
12/4/19 11:29 AM
11/5/19
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
BruteDion -

But he has. He did horrible horrible things 15 years ago

And had done a lot of good since. More than almost anyone out there
Edited: 12/4/19 11:32 AM
8/4/11

Back in the 50's, if you had too many dogs around you just shoot them and throw them in the creek. If too many cats you would tie them in a bag and throw them in a creek. 

times change

12/4/19 12:07 PM
5/13/11
LILBROCK2 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
BruteDion -

The posters argument is that you cannot judge someone unless you yourself can show you yourself have done more good things. 

It's a retarded argument. 

Edited: 12/4/19 1:34 PM
3/17/14
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
LILBROCK2 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
BruteDion -

The posters argument is that you cannot judge someone unless you yourself can show you yourself have done more good things. 

How so? I mean sure you can judge anyone you want to. I get to judge how talented LBJ is in regards to MJ and I never even player HS basketball. 

My argument is not that you cant judge him but it's an argument of how funny it is that those who do have yet to even measure up to the level of impact he (Vick) has made in a good way for dogs in America. 

12/4/19 12:36 PM
11/18/09
donkypunch55 -

I also think he's paid for it and deserves to be able to move on and make a living.

I think this is basically sums up how I and a lotta others feel. 

12/4/19 1:07 PM
5/13/11
BruteDion -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
LILBROCK2 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
BruteDion -

How so? I mean sure you can judge anyone you want to. I get to judge how talented LBJ is in regards to MJ and I never even player HS basketball. 

My argument is that you cant judge him but it's an argument of how funny it is that those who do have yet to even measure up to the level of impact he (Vick) has made in a good way for dogs in America. 

You said "You want to judge the man then show what you have done for the dog community as a whole."

I think that's a ridiculous qualifier. Just my opinion. 

12/4/19 1:22 PM
6/3/11

Some humans and animals are just meant for war. I have no real issues with dog or cock fighting. I don't want a beagle feed to the Lions but two foaming at the mouth dogs, let's see what happens. People and this whole protect all animals, animals are so kind and loving attitude are hilarious. And yes I have a dog I love and pamper to the heavens. It's not the same thing. Just like Einstein isnt the same as Mike Tyson. 

12/4/19 1:36 PM
3/17/14
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
BruteDion -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
LILBROCK2 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
BruteDion -

My argument is that you cant judge him but it's an argument of how funny it is that those who do have yet to even measure up to the level of impact he (Vick) has made in a good way for dogs in America. 

You said "You want to judge the man then show what you have done for the dog community as a whole."

I think that's a ridiculous qualifier. Just my opinion. 

It's not a qualifier. I just cleared that up.

12/4/19 1:54 PM
12/2/05
LILBROCK2 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
BruteDion -

Again how are you quantifying that? 

12/4/19 1:57 PM
11/20/09

I understand people will have different opinions.

What my issue is, is how the basis of their opinions, their logic, is not consistent.

The NFL has permanently banned Ray Rice, and shunned him for his off the field actions, which his punishment and crimes were not nearly as high as what Vick's were.  To my understanding Ray Rice and his girlfriend are still together, but Ray Rice isn't being endorsed by the league, but Michael Vick is.

No one seems to be addressing this disparity.  If you're okay with Michael Vick being an NFL commentator, and being asked to be an NFL honorary pro bowl legends coach, then if you are consistent, you would suggest that Ray Rice has served his punishment, seems to have shown remorse, and should be re-instated by the NFL.

No one is saying that though, are they?

My other issue is lack of consistency for those who cite "it was the culture".  How far does "it's the culture" excuse expand?  Is the cutoff dogfighting?  Because I sure don't see anyone making excuses for child molesters who were molested themselves as a child.  I don't see gang bangers who get locked up for murder in the streets of Chicago saying, "well it's just the culture they come from".

Michael Vick is a free man, he served his time.  I get that.  Why does he have to be involved in the NFL after his career?

12/4/19 2:00 PM
11/5/19
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
BruteDion -

I already stated how several pages ago, but here you go again I guess

Unless you can list others who have given millions of dollars, spoken to congress and pushed for harsher penalties and stricter laws, and spoken to those at risk of going down the same road he did, inner city youth, about dogfighting I'm not sure how you can argue many others have down more
12/4/19 2:03 PM
12/2/05
donkypunch55 -

Again no one is saying he shouldn't make a living. 

How far does the he's paid for it thing go?  Would you say that about Jared when he gets out if he starts speaking out against pedos? 

12/4/19 2:04 PM
11/5/19
D241 - 

I understand people will have different opinions.

What my issue is, is how the basis of their opinions, their logic, is not consistent.

The NFL has permanently banned Ray Rice, and shunned him for his off the field actions, which his punishment and crimes were not nearly as high as what Vick's were.  To my understanding Ray Rice and his girlfriend are still together, but Ray Rice isn't being endorsed by the league, but Michael Vick is.

No one seems to be addressing this disparity.  If you're okay with Michael Vick being an NFL commentator, and being asked to be an NFL honorary pro bowl legends coach, then if you are consistent, you would suggest that Ray Rice has served his punishment, seems to have shown remorse, and should be re-instated by the NFL.

No one is saying that though, are they?

My other issue is lack of consistency for those who cite "it was the culture".  How far does "it's the culture" excuse expand?  Is the cutoff dogfighting?  Because I sure don't see anyone making excuses for child molesters who were molested themselves as a child.  I don't see gang bangers who get locked up for murder in the streets of Chicago saying, "well it's just the culture they come from".

Michael Vick is a free man, he served his time.  I get that.  Why does he have to be involved in the NFL after his career?

Source Rice is banned from the NFL?

Has he ever attempted to obtain a commentator or coach position?

Did Rice serve his punishment? If so what was it?

List all his efforts to decrease domestic violence since completing knocking a female unconscious and dragging her around by her hair.
12/4/19 2:06 PM
11/5/19

Just because I know you're going to dance around those questions, I'll educated you a bit.

You want Rice "reinstated" by the nfl?

He was suspended in September of 2014. And was off suspension November 2014.

12/4/19 2:11 PM
12/2/05
LILBROCK2 -
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
BruteDion -

Unless you can list others who have given millions of dollars, spoken to congress and pushed for harsher penalties and stricter laws, and spoken to those at risk of going down the same road he did, inner city youth, about dogfighting I'm not sure how you can argue many others have down more

People dedicate their entire lives to running or working with rescues. Plenty of people have given more money. You haven't shown a source for how much he's even given..and tons of people advocated for the same laws. Don't a lot sure but how can you say most. 

12/4/19 2:13 PM
12/2/05

And something tells me you haven't done anything to compare to others you just know what he did and are assuming he did the most. Who else is in your top 5? It's just a silly statement I think. 

12/4/19 2:14 PM
11/5/19
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 -
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
BruteDion -

People dedicate their entire lives to running or working with rescues. Plenty of people have given more money. You haven't shown a source for how much he's even given..and tons of people advocated for the same laws. Don't a lot sure but how can you say most. 

So some give money? Others work with Congress? And let me guess other are leaking to inner city chikdren?

I said he does more than most.

List a handful of people that do more than him?

Out of the 350m people in this country, for you to act like "tons" or more do more than that is an odd take.
12/4/19 2:16 PM
5/13/11
Fake Pie -
LILBROCK2 -
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
BruteDion -

I would argue people who run dog rescues/charities, even small ones, who also have NOT beaten, forced rape, and killed dozens of dogs for fun, have the moral high ground and have "done more" than Vick. 

Both the positives and the negatives a person has done should be weighed. 

12/4/19 2:19 PM
11/5/19
Fake Pie - 

And something tells me you haven't done anything to compare to others you just know what he did and are assuming he did the most. Who else is in your top 5? It's just a silly statement I think. 

If we came up with a list of 250 people who have done more than him, he clearly still does more than most. Maybe it's the word "most " that is throwing you off?

12/4/19 2:31 PM
11/20/09
LILBROCK2 - 
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
BruteDion -

I think this post highlights the disconnect.

If it was easy to do, he would have done it by now instead of tip towing around probables and most likelys.

You don't even have to try to counter this, he kind of proves your own point there Fake Pie.

12/4/19 2:36 PM
11/5/19
D241 - 
LILBROCK2 - 
Fake Pie - 
LILBROCK2 -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
BruteDion -

I think this post highlights the disconnect.

If it was easy to do, he would have done it by now instead of tip towing around probables and most likelys.

You don't even have to try to counter this, he kind of proves your own point there Fake Pie.

Is there something wrong with your brain?

None of those are probables or most likelys.

Like, there are many articles of his donations speaking to schools.

There are pictures and video of him lobbying to congress.