OtherGround Forums Michael Vick, in case you forgot

12/4/19 2:39 PM
11/20/09
LILBROCK2 - 
D241 - 

I understand people will have different opinions.

What my issue is, is how the basis of their opinions, their logic, is not consistent.

The NFL has permanently banned Ray Rice, and shunned him for his off the field actions, which his punishment and crimes were not nearly as high as what Vick's were.  To my understanding Ray Rice and his girlfriend are still together, but Ray Rice isn't being endorsed by the league, but Michael Vick is.

No one seems to be addressing this disparity.  If you're okay with Michael Vick being an NFL commentator, and being asked to be an NFL honorary pro bowl legends coach, then if you are consistent, you would suggest that Ray Rice has served his punishment, seems to have shown remorse, and should be re-instated by the NFL.

No one is saying that though, are they?

My other issue is lack of consistency for those who cite "it was the culture".  How far does "it's the culture" excuse expand?  Is the cutoff dogfighting?  Because I sure don't see anyone making excuses for child molesters who were molested themselves as a child.  I don't see gang bangers who get locked up for murder in the streets of Chicago saying, "well it's just the culture they come from".

Michael Vick is a free man, he served his time.  I get that.  Why does he have to be involved in the NFL after his career?

Source Rice is banned from the NFL?

Has he ever attempted to obtain a commentator or coach position?

Did Rice serve his punishment? If so what was it?

List all his efforts to decrease domestic violence since completing knocking a female unconscious and dragging her around by her hair.

Source?  https://time.com/3329351/ray-rice-timeline/

The more appropriate question, is has anyone offered, which you can take a wild stab at that one.

Yes and no.  No because he avoided trial.  What Ray Rice did, didn't even go to trial where as Vick, the guy you are defending for several pages, went to prison, for 23 months.  Rice however, was asked to complete a year long anger management course which he successfully completed.

According to the CBS report, the NFL confirmed that Ray Rice works with the league on its domestic violence education program

"They're trying to do the right thing ... I know they are working with groups to try to get more of an understanding. And they're doing the work. ... I know the NFL

So there you have it.  What crime had more punishment Ray Rice or Michael Vick? Michael Vick.  

Is there evidence both have done things for the cause they originally were in trouble for?  Yes.

Were they both banned from the league?  No, only Ray Rice was.

Has the league done anything to celebrate what Rice did on the field? No

Has the league done anyting to celebrate what Vick did on the field?  Yes.

Edited: 12/4/19 2:39 PM
11/5/19

12/4/19 2:45 PM
11/20/09
Fake Pie - 
donkypunch55 -

I think he's a reprehensible person for what he did.  
I also think he's paid for it and deserves to be able to move on and make a living.

No need for the two opinions to be mutually exclusive.

Again no one is saying he shouldn't make a living. 

How far does the he's paid for it thing go?  Would you say that about Jared when he gets out if he starts speaking out against pedos? 

I know you quoted donkypunch, but everyone defending Vick can also see this point you are making and I just want to say, you are not the only one to take notice that not a single person is going out of there way to try to answer that.

They don't want to realize they hypocrisy in their own stance.  

12/4/19 2:45 PM
11/5/19
D241 - 
LILBROCK2 - 
D241 - 

What my issue is, is how the basis of their opinions, their logic, is not consistent.

The NFL has permanently banned Ray Rice, and shunned him for his off the field actions, which his punishment and crimes were not nearly as high as what Vick's were.  To my understanding Ray Rice and his girlfriend are still together, but Ray Rice isn't being endorsed by the league, but Michael Vick is.

No one seems to be addressing this disparity.  If you're okay with Michael Vick being an NFL commentator, and being asked to be an NFL honorary pro bowl legends coach, then if you are consistent, you would suggest that Ray Rice has served his punishment, seems to have shown remorse, and should be re-instated by the NFL.

My other issue is lack of consistency for those who cite "it was the culture".  How far does "it's the culture" excuse expand?  Is the cutoff dogfighting?  Because I sure don't see anyone making excuses for child molesters who were molested themselves as a child.  I don't see gang bangers who get locked up for murder in the streets of Chicago saying, "well it's just the culture they come from".

Michael Vick is a free man, he served his time.  I get that.  Why does he have to be involved in the NFL after his career?

List all his efforts to decrease domestic violence since completing knocking a female unconscious and dragging her around by her hair.

The more appropriate question, is has anyone offered, which you can take a wild stab at that one.

Yes and no.  No because he avoided trial.  What Ray Rice did, didn't even go to trial where as Vick, the guy you are defending for several pages, went to prison, for 23 months.  Rice however, was asked to complete a year long anger management course which he successfully completed.

According to the CBS report, the NFL confirmed that Ray Rice works with the league on its domestic violence education program

"They're trying to do the right thing ... I know they are working with groups to try to get more of an understanding. And they're doing the work. ... I know the NFL

So there you have it.  What crime had more punishment Ray Rice or Michael Vick? Michael Vick.  

Is there evidence both have done things for the cause they originally were in trouble for?  Yes.

Again, source he is banned from the nfl?

And I guess if you're saying running a dog fighting operation is way worse than beating the ever loving fuck out of women, I guess that says a lot about you. Maybe some therapy would help
12/4/19 2:50 PM
11/20/09

So as of now, the two main counter talking points fake pie and I are making, are about justifying a changed man should be given opportunity to be in the public eye again, in Vick's case it's okay but when it comes to other crimes it's not okay(Jarred from Subway), and point #2 is being defending dog fighting because the culture, cannot seem to stretch that logic when it comes to molesters brought up in that culture or gang bangers being brough up in that culture.

Something tells me if Jarred from Subway got out of prison and had 3-4 videos of him speaking out against pedophilia, no one would be offering him any jobs in front of a camera, and no one would be arguing "he's a changed man he deserves to be honored by Subway for the work he did in their peak years when he was their spokesperson".

Hypocrisy is strong with many of you, unless you can somehow justify why some people can be forgiven but other's cant.  "He served his time" is an argument that should be consistent. 

For what it's worth, if Jarred gets out of prison and gets a regular job where he's not in the limelight, I would have zero issues with it.  If Subway wanted to honor him in some way, I would be disgusted by it.

12/4/19 2:52 PM
11/5/19

D241: "Why isn't Rice in the NFL? He needs to be! Someone give him a job! Make him a coach! It's not fair"

Ray Rice: "I'm done with football. Well, see that for me, is something that I understand why it was being said early on about, you know, is this a ploy to get back into football. And I'll be the first one to say it, I don't have to retire to tell you I'm done with football. The pressure I was under of being a star, that was the person I hated the most," he said.

12/4/19 2:53 PM
11/5/19
D241 - 

So as of now, the two main counter talking points fake pie and I are making, are about justifying a changed man should be given opportunity to be in the public eye again, in Vick's case it's okay but when it comes to other crimes it's not okay(Jarred from Subway), and point #2 is being defending dog fighting because the culture, cannot seem to stretch that logic when it comes to molesters brought up in that culture or gang bangers being brough up in that culture.

Something tells me if Jarred from Subway got out of prison and had 3-4 videos of him speaking out against pedophilia, no one would be offering him any jobs in front of a camera, and no one would be arguing "he's a changed man he deserves to be honored by Subway for the work he did in their peak years when he was their spokesperson".

Hypocrisy is strong with many of you, unless you can somehow justify why some people can be forgiven but other's cant.  "He served his time" is an argument that should be consistent. 

For what it's worth, if Jarred gets out of prison and gets a regular job where he's not in the limelight, I would have zero issues with it.  If Subway wanted to honor him in some way, I would be disgusted by it.

So why do you make up a bunch of lies, like saying Rice is banned from the NFL?
12/4/19 2:58 PM
11/20/09
LILBROCK2 - 
D241 - 
LILBROCK2 - 
D241 - 

And I guess if you're saying running a dog fighting operation is way worse than beating the ever loving fuck out of women, I guess that says a lot about you. Maybe some therapy would help

AGAIN, when you asked for a source the first time, I gave it to you.

If you are going to ask for a source, and one is provided for you, then either fucking verify that source, or DO NOT FUCKING ASK A SECOND TIME.

For a SECOND TIME, the source is a clickable link which was literally the FIRST thing I mentioned when I replied to your post, asking for a source. Since you seem to have comprehension issues, or reading issues, or an inability to click a link, I will go out of my way to take an exerpt from the source I ALREADY PROVIDED, and post it here-

Sept. 8, 2014: Video is released showing Rice punching Palmer and the Ravens terminate his contract
The NFL suspended him indefinitely. 

Now I feel you might harp on the "he could have signed with any team" angle,(predictable), the fact you seem capable of comprehending what "blacklisted" could mean, understand that is in play and I will play that card, if necessary so go ahead and bypass that angle.

12/4/19 3:00 PM
2/5/06
D241 - 

Let's break this down....

"their logic, is not consistent"

"The NFL has permanently banned Ray Rice......"

First, Ray Rice is not permanently banned, so that throws this "argument" out the window doesn't it? Second, even if it was true, who's saying what you're accusing them of? No one is saying it because it's not the topic of discussion. You're trying to reach and dig for inconsistency by using a kind of strawman.

"My other issue is lack of consistency for those who cite "it was the culture". How far does "it's the culture" excuse expand? Is the cutoff dogfighting? Because I sure don't see anyone making excuses for child molesters who were molested themselves as a child. I don't see gang bangers who get locked up for murder in the streets of Chicago saying, "well it's just the culture they come from"."

Again, you're not accurately portraying the point. You're making shit up of what people are saying. No one "excused" his crimes, no one said he wasn't guilty of them and no one said he should have never been punished because "it was the culture"....this seems to be over your head, you seem to not be able grasp this really simple argument people are making....or you're doing it purposefully.

A molester that was molested themselves is sad, we can understand and have some compassion for the situation of the circle.....that doesn't mean we think they shouldn't be punished for their actions, that doesn't mean we don't think they should be locked in a cage so they can't hurt any other child. Is this really that complicated for you to understand?

"Why does he have to be involved in the NFL after his career?"

What's you obsession with "have to be"? He looked for a job and got it, he applied for a position at Fox and got it.
12/4/19 3:01 PM
11/20/09
LILBROCK2 - D241: "Why isn't Rice in the NFL? He needs to be! Someone give him a job! Make him a coach! It's not fair"

Ray Rice: "I'm done with football. Well, see that for me, is something that I understand why it was being said early on about, you know, is this a ploy to get back into football. And I'll be the first one to say it, I don't have to retire to tell you I'm done with football. The pressure I was under of being a star, that was the person I hated the most," he said.

VICTORY!!!

When someone you are debating with, makes a quote you clearly did not make to try to make it seem as if your angle is a totally different angle, that tells me this person understands a point is being made.  Mature people and or people with accountability, are able to concede fair points.  Immature and or insecure people, will do exactly what you did here!

Of course, if you care to, by ALL MEANS, tell me what page I said the what you quoted was said by me.

laughing my ass off.  Am I arguing with a teenager?  Can you tell me your age?  I would like to know so I can have a better understanding of how much time I should dedicate to you.  I have 40 years of life experience, you?

Edited: 12/4/19 3:05 PM
5/13/11
LILBROCK2 -
D241 - 
LILBROCK2 - 
D241 - 

According to the CBS report, the NFL confirmed that Ray Rice works with the league on its domestic violence education program. 

He never said what was way worse, he only spoke to the criminal punishment. You're literally in multiple threads making up narratives to argue with people. 

12/4/19 3:07 PM
11/5/19
D241 - 
LILBROCK2 - 
D241 - 
LILBROCK2 - 
D241 - 

AGAIN, when you asked for a source the first time, I gave it to you.

If you are going to ask for a source, and one is provided for you, then either fucking verify that source, or DO NOT FUCKING ASK A SECOND TIME.

For a SECOND TIME, the source is a clickable link which was literally the FIRST thing I mentioned when I replied to your post, asking for a source. Since you seem to have comprehension issues, or reading issues, or an inability to click a link, I will go out of my way to take an exerpt from the source I ALREADY PROVIDED, and post it here-

Sept. 8, 2014: Video is released showing Rice punching Palmer and the Ravens terminate his contract
The NFL suspended him indefinitely. 

Now I feel you might harp on the "he could have signed with any team" angle,(predictable), the fact you seem capable of comprehending what "blacklisted" could mean, understand that is in play and I will play that card, if necessary so go ahead and bypass that angle.

Dude you are mentally ill. Your "source" says nothing about him being banned, because he is not, and never was. If you don't know why a team didn't immediately sign him after seeing him violently KO a woman, I'm not sure what to tell you. If you don't know what they didn't sign him years later, after his inactivity, you know nothing about football.

And good job highlighting his indefinite suspension on Sept 8th, but ignoring his suspension was overturned 10 weeks later. I assume you're hoping people here won't research it and think you're right? Seek help you weirdo
12/4/19 3:08 PM
2/5/06
D241 - 
Fake Pie - 
donkypunch55 -

I think he's a reprehensible person for what he did.  
I also think he's paid for it and deserves to be able to move on and make a living.

No need for the two opinions to be mutually exclusive.

Again no one is saying he shouldn't make a living. 

How far does the he's paid for it thing go?  Would you say that about Jared when he gets out if he starts speaking out against pedos? 

I know you quoted donkypunch, but everyone defending Vick can also see this point you are making and I just want to say, you are not the only one to take notice that not a single person is going out of there way to try to answer that.

They don't want to realize they hypocrisy in their own stance.  

Are you two so mentally retarded that you cannot see the difference in dogs and human children?

If there's no difference to you and you think you're comparing apples to apples, I think we can just end this conversation.
12/4/19 3:12 PM
11/5/19
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
LILBROCK2 -
D241 - 
LILBROCK2 - 
D241 - 

According to the CBS report, the NFL confirmed that Ray Rice works with the league on its domestic violence education program. 

He never said what was way worse, he only spoke to the criminal punishment. You're literally in multiple threads making up narratives to argue with people. 

" which his punishment and crimes were not nearly as high as what Vick's were."

He said the crimes weren't nearly as high you idiot.

And that's what you choose to argue about, when he's clearly lying over and over about Rice being banned from the Nfl?
12/4/19 3:13 PM
2/5/06

LILBROCK2....I think D241 may actually have a screw or two loose. Or he's trolling.

12/4/19 3:26 PM
11/20/09

I'm going to do to LilBrock2 what he did.  Seems like it could be fun.

"Why is Vick still being shunned?  He is the best thing to ever happen to dogs! He should run for president based on how accountable and remorseful he has shown himself to be!"-LILBROCK2

lol

That's exactly what you did to me lil man, I mean lilBrock2.

12/4/19 3:27 PM
11/5/19
D241 - 

"Why is Vick still being shunned?  He is the best thing to ever happen to dogs! He should run for president based on how accountable and remorseful he has shown himself to be!"-LILBROCK2

lol

Seek help whacko
12/4/19 3:30 PM
11/20/09

Fuck Ray Rice.

He shouldn't be in the NFL.  Never once have I said he should.  Funny that is the conclusion some of you come to. Perhaps that makes it easier in your own head to justify why YOU think Vick SHOULD.

Can Ray Rice show remorse? Yes

Should he be in the NFL?  No

Can Michael Vick show remorse? Yes

Should he be in the NFL?

You know my stance.

Woman abuser-Fuck em.  Little to no sympathy from me.

Child molestor-Fuck Em.  No sympathy from me

Animal abuser-Fuck em.  Little to no sympathy from me.

Captain Woody and LilBrock2, out of those 3, do you only condone 1?

12/4/19 3:32 PM
11/20/09
LILBROCK2 - 
D241 - 

lol

Seek help whacko

It's common for people who understand a point being made against theirs and as a self defense mechanism lash out and make personal attacks.  For some people, it's because they lack maturity or are so insecure that they feel admitting someone has a point, in some way might make them feel inferior. (It wouldn't in my eyes).

I'm not offended in the least.

12/4/19 3:36 PM
11/5/19
D241 - 
LILBROCK2 - 
D241 - 

lol

Seek help whacko

It's common for people who understand a point being made against theirs and as a self defense mechanism lash out and make personal attacks.  For some people, it's because they lack maturity or are so insecure that they feel admitting someone has a point, in some way might make them feel inferior. (It wouldn't in my eyes).

I'm not offended in the least.

What's the common reasoning for continuous lying on a message board to try to earn e-points?

How about for intentionally leaving out pertinent info to make your point?

Also lack of maturity and insecurity?
12/4/19 3:37 PM
11/5/19
D241 - 

Fuck Ray Rice.

He shouldn't be in the NFL.  Never once have I said he should.  Funny that is the conclusion some of you come to. Perhaps that makes it easier in your own head to justify why YOU think Vick SHOULD.

Should he be in the NFL?

You know my stance.

In 200+ posts, I have yet to see anyone condone any of those behaviors.

Just in your warped emotional little mind do you think it's happening
12/4/19 3:37 PM
11/20/09

You know my stance.

Do you condone 2? 

Do you condone 3?

Do you condone none?

You have every answer choice available to choose from.

12/4/19 3:38 PM
11/20/09
LILBROCK2 - 
D241 - 

Fuck Ray Rice.

Should he be in the NFL?

You know my stance.

In 200+ posts, I have yet to see anyone condone any of those behaviors.

Just in your warped emotional little mind do you think it's happening

Can you please just answer without having me make assumptions?

I would want to assume reading this post, that the assumption is you do not condone any of them.  Before we move on, can you please confirm so I don't have to assume?

12/4/19 3:46 PM
2/5/06

D241...are you this simple minded of a person?

it's like talking with a turnip

Who would condone any of those? Why are you answering your own made up stupid question with "sympathy". Condone and Sympathy are two totally different things.

Jesus H Christ, I can have a more enlightened conversation with my 12 year old

12/4/19 3:46 PM
11/20/09

With respect to the time put into the thread, I'm just going to say the direction this is going is more to piss off someone than to prove a point.  

I'm not about that.  We all share a common bond in love for mma.  I don't want to butt heads with fellow mma fans.  We can agree to disagree.  We can try to debate civilally, but if the replies are not made in a civil way, then we should just stop making them.  I 100% admit I too am guilty of falling into that direction, which is why I am openly saying we should try to be more civil.