OtherGround Forums Minnesota Vikings 2020-21 Championship Thread

9/13/20 2:31 PM
5/9/06

Ugh. Dantzler got burned

9/13/20 2:34 PM
11/30/05
taba - fuck them if they go woke.

Uh. You do realize they have a “George Floyd Legacy Scholorship” they now give out? Not sure what his “legacy” is, but whatever.  

9/13/20 2:53 PM
8/31/10

Dalvin! Dalvin! Dalvin!!! Let's turn this shit around in the 2nd half. I've got a feeling....

9/13/20 3:12 PM
5/9/06

Man. We looked very good on the first drive of the game. Then we keep shooting ourself in the foot

9/13/20 3:23 PM
11/5/19
Jesus Christ. Wonder if they still think it was a good idea to get ride of their best receiver, all cornerbacks, and do nothing about the offensive line.

Cousins is terrified to throw to anyone except Thielen
9/13/20 3:24 PM
11/5/19
Defense can’t get any pressure on Rodgers. Cousins under pressure constantly.

They’re lucky this game isn’t 40-10
9/13/20 3:24 PM
8/31/10

Turrible! Shit game through and through.

9/13/20 3:44 PM
8/31/10

Ya, no secondary. Our best plays in the secondary have been Valdez-Scantling (or whatever the fuck his name is) dropped passes.

9/13/20 3:47 PM
11/5/19
Could be the worst defense in the league
9/13/20 3:48 PM
11/21/15

There's no way they are winning a championship with this horrible defense.

9/13/20 3:53 PM
5/9/06

I hate to give GB any props but they also look pretty darn good. Especially Rogers and D Adams. 

9/13/20 4:00 PM
11/5/19
Morgz - 

I hate to give GB any props but they also look pretty darn good. Especially Rogers and D Adams. 

They do but like the announcer said, Rodgers has been rushed 1 time all game. 1 fuckin time. Meaning every other play he’s been able to sit back there and look around with zero pressure. That’s insane. And our corners are absolutely awful.
9/13/20 4:03 PM
11/5/19
And no matter how good they luck, a mediocre defense shouldn’t be giving up 45-50 points
9/13/20 4:18 PM
5/9/06

Yeah I’m just trying to come up with some positives. 

Danielle Hunter is 1 guy, but that will help pressure up front tremendously when he comes back. 

im not near as down on the OLine as I am on our defensive backfield. Too much youth. Dantzler and Hill got beat all day.  At least the OLine is still run blocking well. We need to improve pass protection a bunch though. I really wish Cousins was more of a quick release guy. Our plays take too long to unfold when you can’t protect the QB. 

9/13/20 6:07 PM
9/18/13

Maybe if they worried about how to play football half as much as they worried about how to celebrate criminals then they wouldn't have sucked so fucking bad. Lolol.

9/13/20 6:13 PM
8/31/10
ChokeHisAss -

Maybe if they worried about how to play football half as much as they worried about how to celebrate criminals then they wouldn't have sucked so fucking bad. Lolol.

Gay.

9/13/20 6:38 PM
11/5/19
Morgz - 

Danielle Hunter is 1 guy, but that will help pressure up front tremendously when he comes back. 

im not near as down on the OLine as I am on our defensive backfield. Too much youth. Dantzler and Hill got beat all day.  At least the OLine is still run blocking well. We need to improve pass protection a bunch though. I really wish Cousins was more of a quick release guy. Our plays take too long to unfold when you can’t protect the QB. 

The o line isn’t good, but they’re not god awful like the secondary.

Here’s the thing. Holton hill was a backup the last two years. There’s a reason for that. He’s not meant to be going up against the likes of Davante Adams, and it showed. There’s a reason Rodgers targeted Adams 17 times. Not sure why they thought getting rid of the entire cb roster was a good idea.

And again, cousins is scared to throw to anyone except Thielen today. Where was Rudolph? I though Irv was supposed to really break out. Did he even play today? I honestly don’t remember seeing him. Getting rid of your best receiver and expecting a rookie to immediately take over is not realistic. Bisi as the #2 guy? Ugh.

Last, why never throw the ball downfield? I’m watching all other teams do it. Like Brady just got a 40 yard pass interferenc call. Even if you don’t complete it, there’s a chance of a penalty. But if you never try, you’ll never get either.

I get it was only one game, but I don’t see any evidence that they can go anywhere this year.

They’re gonna pay cousins and cook a ton, but not get them any other help around them?

Not sure where they think they’re going with this team.
9/13/20 6:55 PM
1/1/01
yeah, don't give a fuck.
9/13/20 7:33 PM
7/13/09
ChokeHisAss -

One good thing to come from it Sounds like they saved me 3 hours of wasting my day watching them.  

9/13/20 7:43 PM
9/18/13
sgotwalks -
ChokeHisAss -

Gay.

I Agree. Celebrating criminals instead of winning football games is VERY gay.

9/13/20 8:28 PM
5/9/06
Corn Pop -
Morgz - 

The o line isn’t good, but they’re not god awful like the secondary.

Here’s the thing. Holton hill was a backup the last two years. There’s a reason for that. He’s not meant to be going up against the likes of Davante Adams, and it showed. There’s a reason Rodgers targeted Adams 17 times. Not sure why they thought getting rid of the entire cb roster was a good idea.

And again, cousins is scared to throw to anyone except Thielen today. Where was Rudolph? I though Irv was supposed to really break out. Did he even play today? I honestly don’t remember seeing him. Getting rid of your best receiver and expecting a rookie to immediately take over is not realistic. Bisi as the #2 guy? Ugh.

Last, why never throw the ball downfield? I’m watching all other teams do it. Like Brady just got a 40 yard pass interferenc call. Even if you don’t complete it, there’s a chance of a penalty. But if you never try, you’ll never get either.

I get it was only one game, but I don’t see any evidence that they can go anywhere this year.

They’re gonna pay cousins and cook a ton, but not get them any other help around them?

Not sure where they think they’re going with this team.

I think Irv caught 1 of 2 targets. There was one play where Kirk was hurried and sacked and Conklin was wide open. Just no protection for him to check down and make the attempt. 

I like Bisi but he’s not a #2 WR at this level. 

and you are right, we have no one in the defensive backfield that can hang with the elite WR in this league right now. 

9/13/20 8:31 PM
12/26/05

Yea, speaking as a packers fan.  Not to add more rain on the misery parade, but unless that secondary significantly improves into the season, I'm no longer concerned about the Vikings being a threat to win the division this year.

Adam's tied that CBs shoes, tucked his shirt in, gave him a lunchbox and a backpack...and then took him to school.  You arent going to beat Rodgers with a bad secondary and blitz packages.

9/20/20 1:30 PM
11/5/19
They look identical to last week
9/20/20 1:54 PM
11/5/19
3rd and 9- run with Mattison

3rd abd 19- run with Mattison.

Of course 2 punts

Just shows they have zero confidence in cousins, our line, and passing game. If it’s 3rd and 9 they give up and it’s time to punt, so bring in the second string running back to safely carry the ball

And D looks atrocious again
9/20/20 2:23 PM
8/31/10

Ugh!