OtherGround Forums Minnesota Vikings 2020-21 Championship Thread

Edited: 9/22/20 9:23 PM
5/9/06
sgotwalks -

On the bright side, Justin Jefferson was the top wideout on the Vikes in week 2. On the downside, he had 3 catches for 40 yards.

I was a little salty when they made the pick, and I’m starting to fall back into being salty about it.  I hope he proves me wrong, but our corners are not great, and O line still can’t pass protect (not to mention Cousins holds the ball too long and has very low awareness of what’s crashing in around him). 

I would have preferred trading a few are 78 picks for some veteran help where we need it.  The last WR we took in the first round was a complete bust, and I don’t think he’s even on a practice squad anymore.  edit:  falcons put him on their practice squad 

9/22/20 8:27 PM
1/1/01

Guess I'll sub for a disappointing year.

9/22/20 9:46 PM
11/5/19
Morgz - 
sgotwalks -

On the bright side, Justin Jefferson was the top wideout on the Vikes in week 2. On the downside, he had 3 catches for 40 yards.

I was a little salty when they made the pick, and I’m starting to fall back into being salty about it.  I hope he proves me wrong, but our corners are not great, and O line still can’t pass protect (not to mention Cousins holds the ball too long and has very low awareness of what’s crashing in around him). 

I would have preferred trading a few are 78 picks for some veteran help where we need it.  The last WR we took in the first round was a complete bust, and I don’t think he’s even on a practice squad anymore.  edit:  falcons put him on their practice squad 

You’re right about cousins holding onto the ball too long. Last week when he was sacked for that safety I was yelling at the TV much earlier for him to get rid of it. You can’t hold it that long, especially when you know you’re standing in your own end zone.

Regarding receivers, we’ve struggled bad on early picks. Since Moss, they’ve taken Troy Williamson (pretty much straight up trade for Moss haha) like #6 overall. He lasted like a year. Complete bust. Since they’ve take Cordararelle, Percy, and Treadwell. Percy was good but obviously didn’t work out, and the other two didn’t do shit. That’s 4 misses in a row.

Still haven’t given up on Jefferson though.
9/22/20 10:04 PM
5/9/06

Yeah I havnt given up on Jefferson either. I just wish they handled picks differently. Time will tell. So far he’s gotten 6 targets in 2 weeks for 60+ yards.  I know this isn’t all Justin’s fault, but I want more than that from a first round guy that is picked to replace Diggs. My feeling is if he was good enough to take that early, then they gotta believe he’s good enough to be an immediate impactful player. 

9/27/20 10:39 AM
5/9/06

OK, the turn around starts today! Skol!

9/27/20 1:14 PM
5/9/06

Sweet 3 and out to start. Another Cousins sack. 

next drive starts the turn around 

9/27/20 1:36 PM
5/9/06

Dalvin!

fumble, then makes up for it with long td run

9/27/20 1:42 PM
5/9/06

I’d like to invite everyone back to the thread. We had a good drive. Things are looking up! Let the comeback begin!

our O Line actually run blocks pretty well. If we could get some pass protection, and teach kirk to look left and right, we might be on to something 

9/27/20 1:56 PM
5/9/06

This is what we need from Jefferson!

9/27/20 1:59 PM
5/9/06

Kirk Cousins looked left, right, and center on that TD pass to Theilen. This has been the most fun watching Vikings so far this year. 

Ill keep posting to myself. Woot!

9/27/20 2:28 PM
5/9/06

Harrison Smith and Anthony Harris are BEASTS!

Edited: 9/27/20 3:12 PM
5/9/06

Jefferson 71yd TD catch. He burned the DB too. 

suddenly I love this kid. A little cocky, but I’ll take it. SKOL!!!

9/27/20 3:41 PM
5/9/06

Rudi!

another amazing catch and toe tap in the end zone. 

9/27/20 4:12 PM
5/9/06

And Vikings gonna Viking!

well, at least this week was fun for a long time. 

9/27/20 4:13 PM
5/24/18

Hahahahahahaha 

9/27/20 4:18 PM
8/31/10

Lol! Well at this stage I can be alright with the Vikes players (Cook and Jefferson) racking up fantasy points for me while continuing to be in the running for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. That was a very Vikingesque final drive.

9/27/20 5:12 PM
1/1/01

Snatching defeat from the hands of victory. Before the game I told my family that it is probably better for the Vikings if they loose. They are going to blow this team up and rebuild after this season. Hopefully with a new QB.

9/27/20 6:05 PM
5/9/06

With some exceptions, today was much better than weeks 1 & 2. Still sucks to lose, but some fun moments. 

9/29/20 12:08 PM
5/9/06
sgotwalks -

Lol! Well at this stage I can be alright with the Vikes players (Cook and Jefferson) racking up fantasy points for me while continuing to be in the running for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. That was a very Vikingesque final drive.

did you have Jefferson active any of the first 3 games?

I drafted him very late, and have had him on my bench.  Wich I had him active this last week.  I was dissapointed with how they were using him weeks 1 and 2, and then damn, he exploded week 3!

9/29/20 12:21 PM
11/5/19
So no practice? Facilities closed due to Covid? LOL

Well not like practicing was helping them anyhow, but Jesus man.

Irv Smith has 2 catches for 14 yards on the season. He’s projected to get 75 yards on the season.

And it’s looking like they’ll be giving up 30+ per game on average.
9/29/20 2:57 PM
8/31/10
Morgz -
sgotwalks -

I drafted him very late, and have had him on my bench.  Wich I had him active this last week.  I was dissapointed with how they were using him weeks 1 and 2, and then damn, he exploded week 3!

I started him in week 2, and of course sat him in week 3 for his coming out party. That's how I roll..... I also sat Aaron Jones in week 2 when he went off for 50+ fantasy points. Why would I sit Aaron Jones? Because I own Davin and Myles Sanders as my other 2 backs..... and it's always easiest to bench a Packer than the other two. I suppose the real question should be why do I even own a Packer? I own him just so I can bench him and say "Now sit down and shut up! You're not playing today!" 

9/29/20 2:58 PM
8/31/10
Corn Pop - So no practice? Facilities closed due to Covid? LOL

Well not like practicing was helping them anyhow, but Jesus man.

Irv Smith has 2 catches for 14 yards on the season. He’s projected to get 75 yards on the season.

And it’s looking like they’ll be giving up 30+ per game on average.

.....and let the shit show that this season has the potential to be, begin.

9/29/20 3:01 PM
8/31/10

I think I read somewhere last month that if the season goes 8 weeks then they will use the standings to dictate the order of the draft next year, otherwise they'll go to a lotto system. If this is accurate, please give us 5 more abysmal weeks before calling it, we're currently on pace for Trevor Lawrence, and an abrupt end to the season might be just what we need before the Vikings can fuck it all up with a meaningless 3 game win streak to end the season.

Edited: 9/30/20 10:28 PM
5/9/06
sgotwalks -
Morgz -
sgotwalks -

I started him in week 2, and of course sat him in week 3 for his coming out party. That's how I roll..... I also sat Aaron Jones in week 2 when he went off for 50+ fantasy points. Why would I sit Aaron Jones? Because I own Davin and Myles Sanders as my other 2 backs..... and it's always easiest to bench a Packer than the other two. I suppose the real question should be why do I even own a Packer? I own him just so I can bench him and say "Now sit down and shut up! You're not playing today!" 

I like your  I try hard to not be a homer and load my team with vikings, yet I somehow always still do. I picked 3rd this year, and I’m not gonna lie, I was VERY tempted to take Dalvin (all the pros I read had him at 5 through 8). I bit the bullet and took Ezekiel Elliot....then I took Theilen next at 22 overall. Also a little early, but I was comfortable with that. 

I absolutely HATE the Seahawks — the non conference nemesis. But both Russel Wilson and Carsen were available later than they should have been, so I took both, played them, and been killing it. I’m 3-0 so far with no plans to sit Wilson. Carsen May be hurt so I may have to sit him...but yeah, I get it. 

I took Bailey 12 round and got Jefferson 13th round. I always take a Viking kicker. Id been too scared to start Jefferson after he got a whopping 6 looks in 2 games. Now I regret it, and may have to play him over Theilen at some point.  We’ll see. 

I wouldn’t hate on you for playing Jones, but you are pretty set at RB either way. FF makes watching football so much more fun. 

9/29/20 6:06 PM
5/9/06

Have we had any positive tests yet? Everything I read is still saying it’s all Titan players and staff.