OtherGround Forums Minnesota Vikings 2020-21 Championship Thread

10/23/20 8:45 PM
11/5/19
Glad we gave up a second round pick (prob around #40 overall) for a third round pick (prob around #90 overall) for a 6 week rental of Yannick.

Hopefully that’s a sign they’re dumping everyone.

Trade Kyle, Kendrick’s, Harrison, Barr, and Thielen.

Unfortunately Rudolph is building a $20m home in Minneapolis right now so he’s not going to want to leave. Kendrick’s is building a big place too
10/24/20 12:43 PM
5/9/06
Corn Pop - Glad we gave up a second round pick (prob around #40 overall) for a third round pick (prob around #90 overall) for a 6 week rental of Yannick.

Unfortunately Rudolph is building a $20m home in Minneapolis right now so he’s not going to want to leave. Kendrick’s is building a big place too

I read something where someone (speilman maybe?) was saying it’s better to take a draft order loss than overcome having to franchise tag or extend his contract in the offseason. I don’t completely understand how all that works. Where the hell is Hunter anyway? Is he even coming back this year?

If they go to the extreme of dismantling the lineup, I think it’s gotta start at the top, at least with Zimmer. But I think there are some guys you gotta keep. Harrison Smith and Theilen gotta stay, IMO. I know we have a huge cap hit with Cousins, but he’s just not the guy. I’d rather see them start developing the draft pick, or at least look at trying to get Justin Fields, or some other stud who is not Trevor in the draft. 

Edited: 10/24/20 12:53 PM
7/13/09
Morgz -
Corn Pop - Glad we gave up a second round pick (prob around #40 overall) for a third round pick (prob around #90 overall) for a 6 week rental of Yannick.

I read something where someone (speilman maybe?) was saying it’s better to take a draft order loss than overcome having to franchise tag or extend his contract in the offseason. I don’t completely understand how all that works. Where the hell is Hunter anyway? Is he even coming back this year?

If they go to the extreme of dismantling the lineup, I think it’s gotta start at the top, at least with Zimmer. But I think there are some guys you gotta keep. Harrison Smith and Theilen gotta stay, IMO. I know we have a huge cap hit with Cousins, but he’s just not the guy. I’d rather see them start developing the draft pick, or at least look at trying to get Justin Fields, or some other stud who is not Trevor in the draft. 

Tgees no point in keeping their guys on the wrong side of thirty if you are rebuilding.   

Hunter is out for the year with surgery, and yes also asking to be the highest paid DE in the league.......

Best hope with cousins is to try to trade him packaged with picks to get rid of him but then you lose picks to rebuild.   

The vikings are looking at 3-4 years of last place in the nfc north imo. 

10/24/20 12:53 PM
1/1/01

Just ran across this thread.  Friends and I were talking this week about how we perceive the Bears as being average but they win all the time and how we perceive the Vikings as being good but they can't buy a win.

I guess it's the fantasy football effect.  Minnesota has better skill players thus the incorrect perception.  Interesting to see fans willing to dismantle the team.  

10/24/20 1:57 PM
5/9/06
sewich -
Morgz -

Tgees no point in keeping their guys on the wrong side of thirty if you are rebuilding.   

Hunter is out for the year with surgery, and yes also asking to be the highest paid DE in the league.......

Best hope with cousins is to try to trade him packaged with picks to get rid of him but then you lose picks to rebuild.   

The vikings are looking at 3-4 years of last place in the nfc north imo. 

Shoot. I didn’t know Hunter was having surgery. Just googled after you posted and read about it. That’s rich talking about more money you don’t hit the field on an underachieving team. 

Wizbang I think your points are a big reason why we are pissed. We got guys like Dalvin, Theilen, & now Jefferson who absolutely kill it for fantasy points. Plenty of other decent players who at times have played very competitive with som good teams...only to shit the bed when it counts. Then there’s weeks like last against the falcons where we are just terrible. It’s super frustrating. 

10/25/20 1:33 PM
6/18/16
wizbang -

Just ran across this thread.  Friends and I were talking this week about how we perceive the Bears as being average but they win all the time and how we perceive the Vikings as being good but they can't buy a win.

I guess it's the fantasy football effect.  Minnesota has better skill players thus the incorrect perception.  Interesting to see fans willing to dismantle the team.  

Well put. Just a weird nfl season with the pandemic going on.

24 days ago
5/9/06

Haha Dalvin doin the lambau leap. Lol. 

24 days ago
8/31/10

It's always fun to watch the Vikings beating the Packers. Let's hop it holds up, despite losing draft leverage.... it's worth it!

24 days ago
8/31/10

DALVIN DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 days ago
7/13/09

Vikings doing their best to play themselves out of a good draft pick.  

24 days ago
5/9/06

11-5 !

24 days ago
5/9/06

Haha. Shocker no fudge packer fans came by to spill their cock holsters today. 

Edited: 24 days ago
8/31/10
Morgz -

They didn't come to us..... so I went to them. Never mind records for a day, it's all about tomorrow's newspaper!

24 days ago
9/18/13

Vikings can't even tank a season properly. The fuck!

24 days ago
5/9/06
sgotwalks -
Morgz -

They didn't come to us..... so I went to them. Never mind records for a day, it's all about tomorrow's newspaper!

Hahahaha I would have to go find it. They often come in here talking smack....after they are in a big lead. I fully expected some first quarter babble today, but not suprised at all there’s not a peep now. 

and I just can’t get on board with the “tank for Trevor/ Fields” talk. Although I’d love to have either one of those guys, I still enjoy rooting for a win every week, and love it when we embarrass the packers on their own field. 

23 days ago
7/13/09

Trade deadline tommorow.  Hopefully they don't think that winning yesterday meant anything for the season and unload some players.  

23 days ago
9/18/13
sewich -

Trade deadline tommorow.  Hopefully they don't think that winning yesterday meant anything for the season and unload some players.  

time to clean house

22 days ago
7/13/09

No moves made.  Idiotic. 

17 days ago
5/9/06

Looks like another Dalvin Day. Skol!

17 days ago
5/9/06

Irv was due for a game like this. Skol!

17 days ago
5/9/06

Eric Wilson has stepped up big time!!! Interception!!!!

17 days ago
5/9/06

If we are going to continue this horrible marriage with Kirk Cousins, here is what I’d like for Christmas:

1) Santa, please give Kirk the ability to turn his head to look left, and look right

2) Santa, please explain to Kirk that those guys with the different color jerseys, they want to tackle you. They want to end you. This is something you really should be aware of, as a multi million dollar player. 

17 days ago
7/13/09

How do you give up 2 blocked punts in 1 game?  

17 days ago
11/5/19
Morgz - 

I’m so torn on having him.

When healthy, he’s prob the best in the league. Dude is simply amazing.

But he’s frequently hurt, and when he is, it’s like the team loses all confidence and falls apart

But holy fn balls is he good
17 days ago
5/9/06
Corn Pop -
Morgz - 

I’m so torn on having him.

When healthy, he’s prob the best in the league. Dude is simply amazing.

But he’s frequently hurt, and when he is, it’s like the team loses all confidence and falls apart

But holy fn balls is he good

I don’t think I’d ever want to get rid of him, but......he could potentially be worth a lot in a trade, and Mattison is also pretty decent. But I’d still rather ride with Dalvin. 

Aside from all that

2 game win streak! 11-5 here we come!