OtherGround Forums Minnesota Vikings 2020-21 Championship Thread

11/22/20 7:30 PM
11/5/19
Once again, when it comes down to a situation where cook can’t carry the team they fall apart.

4 yards on 4 passes.

Defense made Dalton look like a pro bowler when he needed to step up and lead his team to a game winning drive.
11/22/20 7:32 PM
5/9/06

Can’t blame that last failure drive completely on Cousins, but I still want a QB that can move  

defense was like a sieve 4th quarter

11/22/20 7:35 PM
5/9/06
Corn Pop - Once again, when it comes down to a situation where cook can’t carry the team they fall apart.

4 yards on 4 passes.

Defense made Dalton look like a pro bowler when he needed to step up and lead his team to a game winning drive.

That guy that caught the TD was ridiculously open it was crazy 

11/22/20 9:13 PM
6/18/16

Fucking joke

11/23/20 10:49 AM
11/5/19
Morgz - 
Corn Pop - Once again, when it comes down to a situation where cook can’t carry the team they fall apart.

4 yards on 4 passes.

They were open the entire drive. Dalton had no problem driving the entire length of the field. Mahomes just led his team to a game winning drive yesterday. Rodgers drove down the field to the 5 to tie the game and send it to OT. That’s at least 3 yesterday. Cousins has never been able to do it. If we cannot rely on the running game, if defenses know passing is the only option, it’s over. I don’t get it.

And I love Jefferson but he needs to catch that fn ball
11/23/20 1:12 PM
7/13/09
Corn Pop -
Morgz - 

4 yards on 4 passes.

They were open the entire drive. Dalton had no problem driving the entire length of the field. Mahomes just led his team to a game winning drive yesterday. Rodgers drove down the field to the 5 to tie the game and send it to OT. That’s at least 3 yesterday. Cousins has never been able to do it. If we cannot rely on the running game, if defenses know passing is the only option, it’s over. I don’t get it.

You can't blame cousins because jefferson didnt catch that ball.  Cousins had pretty much a perfect game.  The defense is why they lost, they gave up 30+ points toba horrible offense, never got  pressure to the QB.  

11/23/20 5:37 PM
11/5/19
sewich - 
Corn Pop -
Morgz - 

4 yards on 4 passes.

You can't blame cousins because jefferson didnt catch that ball.  Cousins had pretty much a perfect game.  The defense is why they lost, they gave up 30+ points toba horrible offense, never got  pressure to the QB.  

I don’t blame cousins for that one drop. And yes the defense played bad.

But the final drive, all cousins had to do was move the ball 35 yards or so to get into field goal position to tie it. He had 3 tries other than Jefferson’s drop. A little dump off to cook, a terrible pass into coverage to Thielen, and a pass right to a Cowboy d-back. Our $33m quarterback is incapable of leading his team on a winning drive. Don’t tell me you’d ever have confidence in him to win a game with under two minutes, versus if Aaron Rodgers had the ball and with the same time left and the Vikings were up by 3
11/24/20 11:56 AM
5/9/06
Corn Pop -
sewich - 
Corn Pop -
Morgz - 

4 yards on 4 passes.

But the final drive, all cousins had to do was move the ball 35 yards or so to get into field goal position to tie it. He had 3 tries other than Jefferson’s drop. A little dump off to cook, a terrible pass into coverage to Thielen, and a pass right to a Cowboy d-back. Our $33m quarterback is incapable of leading his team on a winning drive. Don’t tell me you’d ever have confidence in him to win a game with under two minutes, versus if Aaron Rodgers had the ball and with the same time left and the Vikings were up by 3

I think we all agree Cousins isn’t the guy. For the amount he makes, he should be on the level with Mahones, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, etc. he doesn’t have to legit be t3 in the NFL, but he’s not even t10 and probably not t15. 

defense was so terrible. But last week against the Bears they were legit. I don’t get why a week makes such a huge difference, but it does. It’s like 2 different teams. 

11/24/20 11:57 AM
5/9/06

I’m seeing reports that Theilen was put on Covid-19 protocol or whatever. I would think Theilen would kick Covid’s ass like Chuck Norris

11/24/20 12:02 PM
11/5/19
Morgz - 
Corn Pop -
sewich - 
Corn Pop -
Morgz - 

4 yards on 4 passes.

I think we all agree Cousins isn’t the guy. For the amount he makes, he should be on the level with Mahones, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, etc. he doesn’t have to legit be t3 in the NFL, but he’s not even t10 and probably not t15. 

defense was so terrible. But last week against the Bears they were legit. I don’t get why a week makes such a huge difference, but it does. It’s like 2 different teams. 

Agreed on all. Cousins is not a $33m qb

And I thought the d was turning a corner. They held Green Bay to 22 in Green Bay. Then looked good against the lions and bears. Then allowed Dalton to look like a pro bowler
11/26/20 7:36 PM
11/5/19
Washington, who sucks, completely handling the Cowboys. Defense shutting down Dalton and Zeke.
11/29/20 1:46 PM
5/9/06

I’m still a big Teddy fan, but thank goodness we are playing another Viking today. We have a chance!

11/29/20 3:00 PM
5/9/06

Ouch. Maybe not. Vikings gonna Viking. 

11/29/20 4:17 PM
5/9/06

Time to play defense

11/29/20 4:22 PM
5/9/06

10-6 boys! I’m telling ya!

11/29/20 4:24 PM
1/1/01

I Thought for sure 46 seconds was to long. Lol

11/29/20 4:26 PM
5/9/06
JoeVIP -

I Thought for sure 46 seconds was to long. Lol

It definitely was. I shit myself when Teddy hit Samuels on first down. 

we still can’t stand prosperity, but I’ll take it!

skol!

11/29/20 8:12 PM
8/31/10

Jesus, had we just beat bloody Dallas as we should have, it would be 5 in a row. At least they're making the season entertaining after the shit start, but Cook has to stop giving us a fucking heart attack every week with these injuries that look so serious until the cameras show him joking on the sidelines shortly thereafter. Enough of that shit!

Edited: 11/29/20 8:28 PM
5/9/06
sgotwalks -

Jesus, had we just beat bloody Dallas as we should have, it would be 5 in a row. At least they're making the season entertaining after the shit start, but Cook has to stop giving us a fucking heart attack every week with these injuries that look so serious until the cameras show him joking on the sidelines shortly thereafter. Enough of that shit!

Don’t forget we also have two, one point losses to teams in first place of their respective divisions (Titans, Seahawks) and we split 1-1 with the leader of our division (fudge packers). Granted we got stomped by the Colts and Falcons, and blew a golden opportunity to beat the Cowboys. 

my point is, we don’t completely suck, and all kinds of crazy crap has happened this season, so who the hell knows?  We’ve overcome a fair amount of injuries, and those young corners are learning. 

Of course we’re not a top tier team, but when we play well, we can play competitive with just about anyone. We’re not getting Fields or Trevor/JarJar Binks, so we may as well win!

12/6/20 4:09 PM
5/9/06

24-24 1:08 left. THIS is what Cousins gets paid all that much net for. Let’s do this. 

12/6/20 4:16 PM
7/13/09

What a hideous game lol. 

12/6/20 4:31 PM
1/1/01

Absolute battle here with the 1-10 Jags!

12/6/20 4:41 PM
5/9/06

Just kick the ball

12/6/20 4:41 PM
5/9/06

10-6

i keep telling you!

12/6/20 4:43 PM
1/1/01

Was there ever any doubt!! We must protect this house!