OtherGround Forums Missouri: sheriff can arrest feds

2 days ago
1/1/01

https://disrn.com/news/missouri-county-authorizes-sheriff-to-arrest-any-federal-agent-enforcing-policy-that-violates-the-2nd-amendment

The Newton County Commission in Missouri has passed an ordinance that criminalizes the enforcement of any federal law that infringes upon the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

The "Second Amendment Preservation Act of Newton County Missouri" cites the state of Missouri's own constitution to further justify the legislation.

"All federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations passed by the federal government and specifically any Presidential Administration whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people's right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in the county," the act reads.

The new law is meant to counter all federal policy that would track or register firearms and ammunition. Democrats in Washington, D.C., have been discussing the possibility of such policy in recent weeks.

Although it is part of the larger Second Amendment Sanctuary movement that has been spreading around the country, the Newton County policy goes a step further. It not only shields individual rights, but it gives the county sheriff "full authority to make an arrest of any and all federal agents that violate state laws and enforce regulations."

?? The concept of a Second Amendment Sanctuary mimics similar "sanctuary cities" commonly used against immigration policy.

2 days ago
1/9/02

excellent

more revolts from red states needed

2 days ago
3/18/02

beautiful

2 days ago
4/9/10

That’s awesome. Hopefully the rest of the state follows suit. 

2 days ago
6/27/05

Missourah!

2 days ago
1/3/20

Solid thinking on their part! 

2 days ago
4/2/08

Sounds good to me

2 days ago
5/3/01

sanctuary city!

2 days ago
10/2/06

LOL....this won't end well.

2 days ago
11/1/19

It’s a beautiful county. I love it here.

Edited: 2 days ago
1/1/01

If you’re in law enforcement to take more rights from people than you protect, you’re a disgrace and you should GTFO.  I fully support this.

2 days ago
1/1/01
TKnuckles -

I did not realize Joplin was in 2 different counties.  So when I go there to work at Freeman and Mercy hospitals I'm in Newton county!

2 days ago
2/2/12
BigEyedFish -

beautiful

Again. Stop pretending this affects you in any way. Canadians have your own issues, mind your business. 

2 days ago
11/1/19
White347LX -
TKnuckles -

I did not realize Joplin was in 2 different counties.  So when I go there to work at Freeman and Mercy hospitals I'm in Newton county!

Next time you are in Newton County/ Joplin area.. Go to the Grand Falls waterfall and go see the Castle. It’s pretty cool around there. Also hit me up. We will grab a beer right there.

2 days ago
10/28/16

Camden County passed an ordinance and became a 2nd amendment sanctuary in January 

2 days ago
8/15/07
Awesome.
2 days ago
12/17/06

Good.

2 days ago
10/17/06

Lol imagine being that much of as scared faggot.

2 days ago
4/17/06
Andersons'sPiece -

I assume that is super easy for you. 

2 days ago
3/28/02
TKnuckles -

I actually have 4 generations of kin buried in Joplin

3/28/02

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the courts.

will the POTUS claim they are the final judicial arbiters of the constitution and stike down this as state  overreach??

10/11/05

Pedantic correction: Sheriffs have always had the power to arrest federal agents in the commission of a felony. (Whether they have the physical capability in any given circumstance is another story.)

This ordinance is simply attempting to define another act as a felony.

My read of it is that it will fail judicial review as written, should it ever actually occur - which will never happen regardless - on the grounds that it's not within their purview to interpret &/or prosecute federal law. They would need to pass a state law mirroring the 2nd & enforce that instead.
5/3/01
BarkLikeADog - Pedantic correction: Sheriffs have always had the power to arrest federal agents in the commission of a felony. (Whether they have the physical capability in any given circumstance is another story.)

This ordinance is simply attempting to define another act as a felony.

My read of it is that it will fail judicial review as written, should it ever actually occur - which will never happen regardless - on the ground that it's not within their purview to interpret &/or prosecute federal law. They would need to pass a state law mirroring the 2nd & enforce that instead.

when i was a kid my dad served a term as the constable of our county

it was kind of a bullshit office, but it did have one important role: it was the only office that could arrest the coronor. the coroner was the only office that could arrest the mayor, whose office was the authority over the police department. constable had no special protections from arrest. rock/paper/scissors.

my dad had to arrest the coroner. it was big news in our corner of butt fuck egypt.

dad probably would have been re-elected if that event hadn't drawn attention to the office. he was soundly defeated next term by an actual career law officer.

2 days ago
1/5/11
Andersons'sPiece -

"Scared ass faggot"? Is that what you, of all people, are saying?

2 days ago
2/14/10
Andersons'sPiece -

Imagine you finishing 6th grade.