OtherGround Forums Mob of Youths steal girl’s phone, attack cop

10 days ago
1/25/04

https://www.foxnews.com/us/off-duty-california-police-officer-attacked-teens-emeryville-mall

Off-duty California police officer attacked by teens after helping woman who said phone was stolen

An off-duty police officer who stepped in to help a woman who claimed her phone had been stolen was attacked by a group of teenagers at a busy outdoor shopping center in California on Black Friday.

The assault – which was captured on video – happened around 8 p.m. at the Bay Street Mall in Emeryville, located next to Oakland. The Emeryville Police Department said Monday a woman seen in surveillance video wearing white clothes approached a group of teenagers and accused them of taking her cellphone minutes earlier.

"She confronted them asking for her phone back. During the confrontation, the juveniles got aggressive with the victim and began to assault the victim," Emeryville Police Detective Jaime Pardo told reporters.

After spotting the commotion, a California Highway Patrol officer – who asked to only be identified as Greg B. – approached the group and tried to secretly take photos until one of the girls in the crowd noticed what he was doing.

"The group then turned toward him and became violent with him," Pardo said.

In the video released by officials on Monday, one of the teenagers runs at the off-duty officer and hits him. Another boy then punches him as he runs off until he is surrounded and attacked again. A security guard can be seen getting knocked down in the video while trying to respond to the unruly group.

"It was a melee. It was chaotic. It was a really scary situation," Greg B. told KTVU. "It should have never gotten to this point."

The officer said he tried to run away, but the teens surrounded him.

"But I know that when I let him go, he's going to swing at me. And I let him go. I push him and sure enough, he turns around and swings at me," he told KTVU. "I back up and that's when one of his friends came up behind me and struck me in the back of the head."

The officer, a former correctional officer at San Quentin Prison, said he never drew his gun during the incident. His girlfriend alerted mall security that he was an off-duty state cop.

"There was a lot of restraint that had to be practiced," he told KTVU. "And I had to do my best to stay in the moment."

Greg B. sustained a concussion, a broken finger and bruises after the assault. He said it was the third time he had to help someone at the shopping center. 

"I think this just came down to me not being able to look away and let this happen," he told KTVU. "I saw this young lady and she was going to be in a very bad situation."

The Emeryville Police Department said Monday that two juveniles, ages 14 and 16, were arrested while six others are still being sought, according to KGO-TV.

Authorities are hoping to use surveillance video to assist in their investigation, and are asking the public for help in submitting and videos or photos from the Friday night incident.

10 days ago
1/25/04

10 days ago
1/18/12

1st off buddy

You spelled Yute wrong my guy.

Secondly

Animals. 

10 days ago
12/17/06

Should've shot em.

10 days ago
10/16/07
He would've been perfectly in his rights to draw and take one out to stop the assault.

Should've.
10 days ago
6/17/17

This is the officer I want to give me tickets or what not.

10 days ago
6/3/03

Edited: 10 days ago
8/15/07
This is what the Democrats want for your town, your neighborhood, your street.
10 days ago
7/18/11

Here’s another “teen” turning a random guy into a vegetable because he had the audacity not to give up his wallet when the animal demanded it. 

10 days ago
5/13/11

Good man trying to do what's right, and showing restraint. Absolutely would have been justified to draw down and shoot. Glad he didn't though, if only for his own career and the fake "outrage" that would have ensued on social media.  

10 days ago
7/18/11
Nitecrawler -

Colin Flaherty does an hour long podcast every weekday and admits to only scratching the surface of black crime (with proof) committed usually within a day or two of every podcast. It’s insane. 

10 days ago
3/16/10

Should be able to shoot those people like dogs.

Want to act like an animals, here ya go.

10 days ago
1/1/01
And another mall bites the dust.

Soon as that stuff starts happening, women & families stop going and the Mall will linger for a while & die.

When malls start getting over a certain percentage of yute mobs, they're on their way out.

Then in a few years after it is dead, a new developer will spend millions & millions to re-do the mall with high end stores that don'e appeal to teens. Everything is good for a while, until the process happens again.

10 days ago
2/2/15
SickEye -

Here’s another “teen” turning a random guy into a vegetable because he had the audacity not to give up his wallet when the animal demanded it. 

Jesus fucking Christ, that was absolutely brutal

10 days ago
4/11/10

The need more youth centers to play basketball and stay out of trouble. 

10 days ago
6/3/03
SickEye -

Please tell me the cops shot and killed that piece of trash. 

10 days ago
4/15/06

If he would have fought back and won, people would be screamingl "they were just kids! He's a grown man how could he do that!"

10 days ago
10/5/11

I really thought black folks had started to turn a corner. I'm working out in North Las Vegas near Martin Luther King blvd right now. Almost unbearable dealing with some of them. Yesterday I'm waiting in line to get a burrito and some crackhead walks up to me and points his finger two inches from my face and pretends to pull the trigger. I'm just minding my own business standing in line. Fuck the culture so many of them are obsessed by. Pointless self centered ego bullshit. 

Edited: 10 days ago
1/25/04
Nitecrawler -
SickEye -

https://www.ktre.com/story/36888404/man-who-brutally-beat-kicked-victim-in-lufkin-convenience-store-robbery-agrees-to-20-years/

Man who brutally beat, kicked victim in Lufkin convenience store robbery agrees to 20 years

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - A Lufkin man agreed to a plea bargain deal of 20 years in prison for a brutal robbery at a convenience store on Aug. 5 in which he beat, kicked, and stomped another man unconscious and stole $35 from him.

Todd Dillon with the Angelina County District Attorney's Office said that Andrea Franks-Vanzandt appeared in Judge Bob Inselmann's 217th Judicial District Court Monday morning and pleaded guilty aggravated robbery and an unrelated felony charge.

As part of the plea deal, Franks agreed to a 20-year prison sentence for the aggravated robbery charge and an eight-year sentence for the other charge. He will serve the prison terms concurrently, or at the same time.

“He has to serve 10 years of that before he’s eligible for parole,” Dillon said.

10 days ago
2/4/07
Jack Carter -
Nitecrawler -
SickEye -

https://www.ktre.com/story/36888404/man-who-brutally-beat-kicked-victim-in-lufkin-convenience-store-robbery-agrees-to-20-years/

Man who brutally beat, kicked victim in Lufkin convenience store robbery agrees to 20 years

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - A Lufkin man agreed to a plea bargain deal of 20 years in prison for a brutal robbery at a convenience store on Aug. 5 in which he beat, kicked, and stomped another man unconscious and stole $35 from him.

Todd Dillon with the Angelina County District Attorney's Office said that Andrea Franks-Vanzandt appeared in Judge Bob Inselmann's 217th Judicial District Court Monday morning and pleaded guilty aggravated robbery and an unrelated felony charge.

As part of the plea deal, Franks agreed to a 20-year prison sentence for the aggravated robbery charge and an eight-year sentence for the other charge. He will serve the prison terms concurrently, or at the same time.

“He has to serve 10 years of that before he’s eligible for parole,” Dillon said.

That's justice?  And this is Texas

10 days ago
1/1/01
And people wonder why blacks get absolutely ZERO benefit of the doubt in police-situations. It's not about being racist or profiling, it's about self-preservation.
10 days ago
1/1/01
ttt
10 days ago
8/5/13

Yute life.

10 days ago
1/17/03

Bunch of animals

10 days ago
9/14/03
Thai Dye - 

I really thought black folks had started to turn a corner. I'm working out in North Las Vegas near Martin Luther King blvd right now. Almost unbearable dealing with some of them. Yesterday I'm waiting in line to get a burrito and some crackhead walks up to me and points his finger two inches from my face and pretends to pull the trigger. I'm just minding my own business standing in line. Fuck the culture so many of them are obsessed by. Pointless self centered ego bullshit. 

I don't know. I hate to sound cliche, but it isn't a black and white thing. Ive lived and worked in the 'black' part of town most of my life and I don't really have any bad stories but do have some nice or funny stories. Like once I was working deep in the hood and my truck stalled out in the middle of an intersection. In front of a crowded bus stop and corner store. Mostly 'yutes' hanging out, early in the morning. They immediately all walk towards me and I'm thinking they're going to fuck with me and without a word, they just pushing my truck to the side of the road and asking if they could help somehow. I noticed they had been at the bus stop and told them no, don't miss your bus. Cool kids. That's just one story.

Blah blah, I'm not saying all black folks are innocent and wrongly accused, there are more than enough assholes, but I live in the hood and work with a lot of black folks of all ages, women and men. Almost always hit it off with them immediately. Just saying it isn't a monolithic thing. It's like saying all Italians are mobbed up. Groups of kids at night and crackheads are usually bad behaved, but it's giving the MSM and politicians what they want to be too blindly decisive about these things.