OtherGround Forums More Good News! Liver Resection Likely! MCGA!

Edited: 14 days ago
8/1/13
Posts: 24531

The chemo worked so well I am having my 2nd consort with a liver/pan surgeon for a resection. 60% of my liver has the majority of the tumors, 33, the largest being 1.4cm now after the chemo, most are much smaller than that. The other 40% are generally tumor free with only a few small tumor they can likely ablate away. Should have no problem living with 40%, which will likely grow at a later time. I'm young and healthy all blood work is completely normal. Dont get me wrong, Im scared about the surgery but having a 5 year survival rate or over 50% as opposed to about 10% without the surgery, I'm diffinitely willing to do it.

I know quite a few of you have had cancer surgery. Anyone have a liver resection by chance. Just looking at to what expect. While the surgery I assume is more complicated that a colon resection, I would assume that the recovery would be a little easier that the colon resection. Less moving parts.

 

Thanks all

14 days ago
1/1/01
Posts: 6434
camicom - 

The chemo worked so well I am having my 2nd consort with a liver/pan surgeon for a resection. 60% of my liver has the majority of the tumors, 33, the largest being 1.4cm now after the chemo, most are much smaller than that. The other 40% are generally tumor free with only a few small tumor they can likely ablate away. Should have no problem living with 40%, which will likely grow at a later time. I'm young and healthy all blood work is completely normal. Dont get me wrong, Im scared about the surgery but having a 5 year survival rate or over 50% as opposed to about 10% without the surgery, I'm diffinitely willing to do it.

I know quite a few of you have had cancer surgery. Anyone have a liver resection by chance. Just looking at to what expect. While the surgery I assume is more complicated that a colon resection, I would assume that the recovery would be a little easier that the colon resection. Less moving parts.

 

Thanks all


Know nothing about any of this, other than it sounds like good news.

Best of luck.

14 days ago
3/1/10
Posts: 11107

Stay safe, man.  Sounds like you are doing well.

 

14 days ago
1/1/01
Posts: 47893

god speed

14 days ago
10/25/05
Posts: 10378
Best of luck man.
14 days ago
7/20/04
Posts: 1264

Great news! Your story is inspiring to follow

14 days ago
11/10/18
Posts: 6705

Good luck! 

14 days ago
9/3/12
Posts: 29336

Camerica, pew pew 

14 days ago
1/1/01
Posts: 20016

I believe your liver might grow all the way back and in a relatively short time.  

14 days ago
6/30/07
Posts: 60283

Surgery is always a little scary but that tumor riddled liver is just slowing you down bro, cut that bitch out and get on with it.

 

You are in very good hands, I'd let them cut me if I needed it. You are in the home stretch brother. That liver will grow back, it's the amazing thing about livers. You basically have a new one every 7 years if you're not actively trying to punish it.

 

We don't need to make Cami great again, you're always great.

Make Cami Greater????

14 days ago
2/23/05
Posts: 15326

Love you man good luck w all this

14 days ago
8/1/13
Posts: 24536

Thanks all for the info and kind wishes

14 days ago
12/29/09
Posts: 30431

Whoop whoop! Good luck, bro.

14 days ago
12/17/06
Posts: 83039

Good deal. Best wishes.

14 days ago
12/24/10
Posts: 4713

Good Luck God Bless

14 days ago
1/12/12
Posts: 4356

Good luck my man.

 

14 days ago
8/11/12
Posts: 10720

GL with everything man. 

14 days ago
7/25/13
Posts: 10871

Good luck, you crazy bastard.

14 days ago
6/30/07
Posts: 60284
Principal Andy -

Good luck, you crazy bastard.

Respect

14 days ago
1/18/03
Posts: 3447
Good luck.
13 days ago
6/22/03
Posts: 6971
Awesome, Cami. You're going to live long enough to see both Ivanka and Barron become president.
13 days ago
1/1/01
Posts: 28218
Best wishes dude.

Hope it works out and that liver grows back.
13 days ago
8/15/14
Posts: 2113

Good shit!

13 days ago
10/5/04
Posts: 2146

MCGA!

13 days ago
1/1/01
Posts: 7810

Great news!