OtherGround Forums More Illinois corrupt insanity

3 days ago
12/27/12

Her husband is a crooked Chicago politician currently under federal investigation, of course she’s the perfect choice to be our Chief Justice. WTF???  Not to mention she helped defend child rapists and dirty priests.

CHICAGO (CBS/AP) — Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne Burke has been named the court’s next chief justice.

The state’s highest court selected Anne Burke earlier this week. The 13-year veteran of the court will start her three-year term Oct. 26.

Burke’s husband, once-powerful Ald. Ed Burke, has been on the Chicago’s City Council for 50 years. He was charged this year with trying to extort executives seeking city remodeling permits. He has pleaded not guilty.

Because it is a federal case, no appellate issues related to it would come before the Illinois Supreme Court.

Alderman Burke resigned as chairman of the City Council Finance Committee after he was charged, and also was removed as chair of the Cook County Democratic Party’s judicial slating committee.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/09/12/anne-burke-chief-justice-illinois-supreme-court/amp/

3 days ago
12/22/10

If you still live in the state of illinois, you deserve what you get. 

3 days ago
12/13/04
That's cruel. I stay here because I get free health care as a retiree, but I hate this fucking place. The recreational weed will be a nice perk though.
3 days ago
2/22/13
Black Doug -

My dad just made his exodus out of there here to Phoenix.

3 days ago
1/1/01

That's pretty mild for Illinois

3 days ago
8/7/12

Did you bitch this much when Killary declared her candidacy for president? She did after all successfully get a pedo off from serving any jail time as well as publically laugh about it in an interview. 

3 days ago
12/27/12

“In a nutshell, the story is simple. A powerful public school official was a serial sex criminal over years. He was finally brought to justice, not through the workings of the system, but because a handful of people refused to allow the cover up to continue. So after years of being a predator, James Moffat was investigated, tried, and convicted of crimes against children. 

Once his crimes came out, however, it was even possible for Moffat to call on numerous friends and powerful acquaintances to help in the cover up.

Nobody in Chicago should forget that James Moffat, the most notorious sex criminal in the history of public life in Chicago, was defended at the criminal trial by Anne Burke.

That's right, the same Anne Burke who went on to lead the "investigation" into the misconduct of Catholic priests. The same Anne Burke who is now a justice on the Illinois Supreme Court.”

http://www.substancenews.net/articles.php?page=2797

3 days ago
12/27/12
baj54 -

Did you bitch this much when Killary declared her candidacy for president? She did after all successfully get a pedo off from serving any jail time as well as publically laugh about it in an interview. 

I’m no fan of her either. 

3 days ago
4/6/12
Black Doug -

Poor chicagoTom

3 days ago
9/22/16
TheDorkKnight - 
Black Doug -

Poor chicagoTom

Poor LuxxFixins. At least he has a Jeep to run over progressives.
3 days ago
12/27/12

Federal agents raid powerful Chicago Ald. Ed Burke's City Hall and ward offices

Federal agents swarmed Ald. Ed Burke’s City Hall and ward offices Thursday morning, kicking out employees and hours later hauling boxes of records and computers from rooms that for decades have been at the center of Chicago’s longest-standing political power structure.

The scenario was a somewhat familiar one for Burke, Chicago’s longest-serving politician known for his bold pinstripe suits, great political wealth and as half of one of the city’s elite power couples. In his 50 years in politics, the Southwest Side alderman has been under federal scrutiny several times before, but never convicted or indicted.

Word of Burke’s federal heat spread like wildfire through City Hall after federal agents arrived at his third-floor office, telling employees to leave and taping brown paper over its glass doors.

A similar scene unfolded in Gage Park on the Southwest Side, where FBI agents descended upon the offices of Burke’s 14th Ward Regular Democratic Organization on 51st Street. The brown paper was taped on the glass doors there, and by 1:30 p.m., federal agents had left with boxes, at least three monitors and what appeared to be a computer.

3 days ago
12/27/12

Ald. Edward Burke indicted on expanded federal racketeering, bribery charges

Powerful Chicago Ald. Edward Burke was meeting with a fellow alderman in October 2017 when he allegedly expressed his displeasure over the way developers of the old main Chicago post office had so far failed to throw any business to Burke’s private law firm.

“As far as I’m concerned, they can go f--- themselves,” Burke told Ald. Daniel Solis, who was working undercover for the FBI and secretly recording the conversation, according to a sweeping federal racketeering indictment filed Thursday against Burke.

When Solis noted the developers would soon be before Burke’s Finance Committee requesting $100 million in tax increment financing for the massive project, Burke responded, “Well, good luck getting it on the agenda,” the indictment alleges.

The conversation is at the center of the 59-page indictment outlining a series of alleged schemes in which prosecutors say Burke abused his City Hall clout to extort private legal work from companies and individuals doing business with the city.

In an interview with the Chicago Tribune hours after the indictment was announced, Mayor Lori Lightfoot, in her second week in office, called on Burke to resign, saying that in her opinion as a former federal prosecutor, the case against him is strong.

“He used the levers of government (to enrich himself),” Lightfoot said. “As you can see in reading the indictment, he was essentially calling up and muscling commissioners, line people and everything in between to get his way in order to ingratiate himself with a potential paying client for his legal business.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/politics/ct-met-ald-ed-burke-indicted-20190530-story.html

3 days ago
7/31/09
tourist - That's cruel. I stay here because I get free health care as a retiree, but I hate this fucking place. The recreational weed will be a nice perk though.

Good God man....have some goddamn standards and move!