OtherGround Forums More suicides than Covid deaths

Edited: 5 days ago
11/30/05

A year’s worth of suicide attempts in 4wks. Someday we will look back at this whole thing as one of the greatest fuck ups in human history 

https://www.abc7news.com/amp/suicide-covid-19-coronavirus-rates-during-pandemic-death-by/6201962/

5 days ago
11/30/11

So we can agree with msm when it supports our agenda?  

5 days ago
7/13/17
TFK_figure8 -

Msm Is making up this story?  

5 days ago
7/8/13

so....are they gonna give us actual numbers?  or just hyperbole

5 days ago
10/2/12
TFK_figure8 -

I think you should agree with the truth regardless of the source that is reporting. 

Edited: 5 days ago
7/8/13

Until they give some actual numbers, i'm calling bullshit. Just down the road, in San Luis Obispo County, they have seen the fewest number of suicides so far this year than any other year going back to at least 2016, including the months of the shelter at home.

“I have been asked about those rumors and have seen nothing to substantiate them,” said Michael Kaplan, community engagement director of the nonprofit Transitions Mental Health Association in San Luis Obispo. “We’re not seeing the spike that people are anticipating.”

As of May 14, the county had experienced 12 suicides, data show. At that rate, the total for this calendar year is expected to reach 33 deaths, or a per capita rate of 11.6 per every 100,000 people.

There were 49 suicides recorded in San Luis Obispo County in 2019, a rate of 17.1 per 100,000 people. Meanwhile, 61 suicides were recorded in 2018, 51 in 2017 and 2016 saw 64 suicides.

the county implemented it's shelter at home order on March 19.

Seven suicides had been recorded locally in 2020 prior to that order: one in January and six in February. There were no suicides recorded in March, the month the order was first put in place, while three were recorded in April, and two were recorded in May as of May 14, according to the Sheriff-Coroner’s Office.

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article242738356.html

5 days ago
12/3/02

Trump is responsible for every single corona and suicide death. 

- batshit barry  

5 days ago
10/2/12

Suicide. = covid death. Signed government. 

5 days ago
1/1/01

Just wait. The economy is about to take a huge shit. That extra 600$ wasn't part of the whole "stimulate the economy" bonus, that was for you to save for the inevitable. So you won't starve until the next election.

5 days ago
3/20/12

horrible
but absolutely predictable
likely just starting

hard to deal with losing your dreams(home/business/family) via govt order and not on your own doing

1200 dollars of fuck you money is what it was

5 days ago
3/23/06

I don’t know about those numbers, but in San Diego the suicides are up by almost 20% and the domestic violence calls by 40%. 

5 days ago
1/1/01
From the thread title, I thought there would be a study or data from entire states or large regions.

Instead, we get an article with quotes from doctors and nurses from one medical center in the Bay Area.
5 days ago
7/8/13
scab1 - From the thread title, I thought there would be a study or data from entire states or large regions.

Instead, we get an article with quotes from doctors and nurses from one medical center in the Bay Area.

They're super cereal. Manbearpig is totally real

5 days ago
7/26/12

Adapt or die

5 days ago
9/9/14
Res ipsa loquitar -

Adapt or die

Death is inevitable, it's moves closer every second.  

5 days ago
11/30/05

https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/19/relapses-are-through-the-roof-overdoses-are-through-the-roof-how-the-pandemic-is-upping-substance-abuse/

5 days ago
11/30/05
TFK_figure8 -

Just posted a news story, bruh. 

5 days ago
11/30/05
spjackson77 -

Until they give some actual numbers, i'm calling bullshit. Just down the road, in San Luis Obispo County, they have seen the fewest number of suicides so far this year than any other year going back to at least 2016, including the months of the shelter at home.

“I have been asked about those rumors and have seen nothing to substantiate them,” said Michael Kaplan, community engagement director of the nonprofit Transitions Mental Health Association in San Luis Obispo. “We’re not seeing the spike that people are anticipating.”

As of May 14, the county had experienced 12 suicides, data show. At that rate, the total for this calendar year is expected to reach 33 deaths, or a per capita rate of 11.6 per every 100,000 people.

There were 49 suicides recorded in San Luis Obispo County in 2019, a rate of 17.1 per 100,000 people. Meanwhile, 61 suicides were recorded in 2018, 51 in 2017 and 2016 saw 64 suicides.

the county implemented it's shelter at home order on March 19.

Seven suicides had been recorded locally in 2020 prior to that order: one in January and six in February. There were no suicides recorded in March, the month the order was first put in place, while three were recorded in April, and two were recorded in May as of May 14, according to the Sheriff-Coroner’s Office.

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article242738356.html

So we only believe the msm when it fits our narrative? Lol j/k 

That was the first response to my posting of the news story. 

In all honesty, how do you guys feel right now, mentally? I think most of us feel kinda fucked up. It’s hard. Now imagine you’re someone struggling with issues anyway. It’s not a leap to think suicide rates, addictions and other issues are coming out more and more. 

4 days ago
1/1/01

It's not unbelievable but I'd still like some hard evidence first.

4 days ago
5/13/11

Suicide rates climbing is a serious issue and side effect of the economic impacts of covid19 no doubt. OPs heart is in the right place and shitting on his source and how small and vague the sample size is doesn't do any good. 

Suicide in the USA has already been an alarming issue. While many nations have seen a steady decline over the last 20 years, the USA has climbed roughly 35% since 1999.

[In 2018, the most recent year for which data is available, more than 48,000 Americans died by suicide, according to the Centers for Disease Control, ranking it the country's 10th-leading cause of death. And while many countries have seen their suicide rates decline in recent years, in the U.S. the rate has increased 35% since 1999, from 10.5 deaths per 100,000 people to 14.2, an alarming rise that's also prompted a call to action among health professionals.]

http://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2020-05-22/experts-warn-of-a-surge-of-suicides-tied-to-the-coronavirus-pandemic

4 days ago
4/27/02
Funny how elective surgery is non essential, but abortion- an elective procedure- is considered essential by the left. Also since planned parenthood is open for business, how do they qualify for any stimulus $$?
4 days ago
4/25/11
IDXtreme - Funny how elective surgery is non essential, but abortion- an elective procedure- is considered essential by the left. Also since planned parenthood is open for business, how do they qualify for any stimulus $$?

Lol wut?

4 days ago
5/13/11
IDXtreme - Funny how elective surgery is non essential, but abortion- an elective procedure- is considered essential by the left. Also since planned parenthood is open for business, how do they qualify for any stimulus $$?

Where did you get the impression that a business has to be closed to receive stimulus money? 

Are you also aware that PP does actually essential things for women's health, other than abortions, or did gatewaypundit not mention that in the article you read?

4 days ago
7/31/09
TFK_figure8 -

You Can grow a fucking brain, you dense piece of shit.

4 days ago
5/13/11
Kings21 -
TFK_figure8 -

You Can grow a fucking brain, you dense piece of shit.

Wow. That escalated quickly. You seem very triggered. Why so butthurt?