OtherGround Forums Most ridiculous landmark near you?

9/20/20 7:47 PM
8/26/18

9/20/20 7:49 PM
8/26/18

9/20/20 7:51 PM
8/26/18

Corporate head statue. 

9/20/20 7:52 PM
1/3/06

The 25-foot "Unconditional Surrender" statuestands near Bayfront Park in downtown Sarasota. ... The statue of a sailor kissing a nurse is based on a famous Alfred Eisenstaedt photograph taken in New York's Times Square on Aug. 14, 1945, 'V-J Day', marking the end of World War II.

What's more pathetic is the statue got #metoo'ed because it's assumed the sailor assaulted the nurse. But tourists love taking photos posing in front of it.

9/20/20 7:52 PM
1/12/10
Ebony -
AVClub -
Ebony -

Came to post this. Stipulation being if this thread were about awesome landmarks. 

Yeah... I'm not close. I'm 45min south of Atlanta, but it's cool and famous. Closet I'm too is probably is Indian Springs State Park where people line up to fill jugs from a little trickle spring that smells like the devil's asshole.

I went there with a church trip when I was like 8. I remember it very vividly. A line of about ten people all with jugs and the place smelled like a homeless dudes rotten egg farts. We kids wanted nothing to do with it. Lol. 

The Big Chicken used to be a shit hole about ten years ago. All the employees were super ghetto and the place was just falling apart and filthy. Since then they remodeled it and understand that it is actually a place where people eat. 

9/20/20 7:55 PM
11/21/19

Sam Houston outside Huntsville, TX

9/20/20 7:57 PM
5/23/07
Phuckles - 
Mountain Medic -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Phuckles - 

I live in Lakewood Colorado,  which is a suburb of Denver. I choose Casa Bonita,  a restaurant shaped like a giant 6 story tall wedding cake that features indoor cliff divers, performances every half hour, a magic show, puppet show, arcade, and as a boy growing up in Colorado, a rite of passage, black barts cave. the place has been there for forever and everyone from Denver has been there but it was made famous in an episode of South Park. 

What oddball landmark is near you?

holy shit that place is real?

Its very real

This. People are always shocked to hear its a real place. It is very real. Nationally it's known for South Park, locally its known for its beyond shit food. 

Man, this place looks fucking awesome lol

9/20/20 8:35 PM
1/12/10
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Phuckles - 
Mountain Medic -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Phuckles - 

I live in Lakewood Colorado,  which is a suburb of Denver. I choose Casa Bonita,  a restaurant shaped like a giant 6 story tall wedding cake that features indoor cliff divers, performances every half hour, a magic show, puppet show, arcade, and as a boy growing up in Colorado, a rite of passage, black barts cave. the place has been there for forever and everyone from Denver has been there but it was made famous in an episode of South Park. 

Its very real

This. People are always shocked to hear its a real place. It is very real. Nationally it's known for South Park, locally its known for its beyond shit food. 

It says on yelp that it’s closed. 

Idk how true it is, and maybe it’s just from corona. 

Edited: 9/20/20 8:55 PM
1/1/01

9/20/20 9:01 PM
9/23/14
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff - 
Phuckles - 
Mountain Medic -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Phuckles - 

Its very real

It's real. I went there as a kid a couple of times. Last time I was there was in 1990 with an ex-girlfriend from PA who had a sister who told her she had to visit. It was just as bad as I remember. Apparently it hasn't changed a bit according to anyone I know who has ever been there in 4+ decades.

I also knew a guy in College at Metro (Denver) who was one of their high divers. Paid enough to get him through school and he got free "food"
9/20/20 9:05 PM
2/4/06
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Phuckles - 
Mountain Medic -
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -
Phuckles - 

Its very real

It says on yelp that it’s closed. 

Idk how true it is, and maybe it’s just from corona. 

Gotta be the Rona. That place is supposed to be legendary in Denver. I refused to believe it was real when I was told after South Park. A 10% increase in overall revenue for food service EVERYTIME that episode airs is insane in restaurant terms. Hope that manager is getting a pension fund.

9/20/20 9:07 PM
3/3/12

9/20/20 9:18 PM
8/26/18

A little ways away from home, butt I think they're cool. Cabazon's world's largest dinosaurs.

9/20/20 9:18 PM
3/11/09

Mini statue of liberty in the Susquehanna River in PA.
9/20/20 9:21 PM
2/4/06
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
Ebony -
AVClub -
Ebony -

Came to post this. Stipulation being if this thread were about awesome landmarks. 

Yeah... I'm not close. I'm 45min south of Atlanta, but it's cool and famous. Closet I'm too is probably is Indian Springs State Park where people line up to fill jugs from a little trickle spring that smells like the devil's asshole.

I went there with a church trip when I was like 8. I remember it very vividly. A line of about ten people all with jugs and the place smelled like a homeless dudes rotten egg farts. We kids wanted nothing to do with it. Lol. 

The Big Chicken used to be a shit hole about ten years ago. All the employees were super ghetto and the place was just falling apart and filthy. Since then they remodeled it and understand that it is actually a place where people eat. 

If you've ever been to McIntosh Reserve about an hour from there, I've pissed on Gen. McIntosh's grave. It's a tradition for Creek Men. All the shit around me is named McIntosh or after things from his clan. Senoia is named after his mother. Coweta County is named after the Koweta Wind Creeks.

Liberals love it. They think it honorary to Indians and the faggot was a traitor sentence to death, chased down and shot like a dog. He's buried naked and face down so his spirit can never find it's way out of the grave. Whole story is pretty metal actually, but everything around here has to do something with that,but I'm sure some Walking Dead tourist trap isn't far away.

9/20/20 9:24 PM
12/18/07

Embarrassing...
9/20/20 9:28 PM
1/1/01
I think I got you all beat... Plymouth Rock.

Just a random rock chosen at the end of the 19th century. Literally made up a story about it being the landing place of the Pilgrims. When that rock was eventually destroyed by souvenir hunters, they picked out a different rock, through a date on it, put it under a pavilion and the rest is national history.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/visit-the-plymouth-rock-1599133

9/20/20 9:34 PM
8/26/18

9/20/20 9:42 PM
1/12/10
Ebony -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
Ebony -
AVClub -
Ebony -

If you've ever been to McIntosh Reserve about an hour from there, I've pissed on Gen. McIntosh's grave. It's a tradition for Creek Men. All the shit around me is named McIntosh or after things from his clan. Senoia is named after his mother. Coweta County is named after the Koweta Wind Creeks.

Liberals love it. They think it honorary to Indians and the faggot was a traitor sentence to death, chased down and shot like a dog. He's buried naked and face down so his spirit can never find it's way out of the grave. Whole story is pretty metal actually, but everything around here has to do something with that,but I'm sure some Walking Dead tourist trap isn't far away.

Definitely gonna do some research on that. 

9/20/20 9:44 PM
12/27/12

shit fountain. it's real. google it.
9/20/20 10:05 PM
2/4/06
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
Ebony -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
Ebony -
AVClub -
Ebony -

Definitely gonna do some research on that. 

William McIntosh... Another people don't realize we had a full blown civil war. Google the Red Stick War. It's why I love living in GA where every white guy with a ponytail had a great great grandmother that was a Cherokee princess... Even though the Cherokee didn't have princesses in their heigherarchy. We fucking hate the Cherokee. We escaped Andrew Jackson to the south and formed the Seminoles with the Miami tribe and refugee slaves.

Check out Eagle Rock and Etowah Mounds, too. Eagle Rock is REALLY worth seeing in person if you like to hike.

9/20/20 10:08 PM
2/4/06

9/20/20 10:32 PM
2/4/06
Ebony -

Rock Eagle is between 1000 and 3000 years old. It was built by pre-Mississippian Indian. It's use is totally unknown, but is believed to be a burial and cremation sight. It is more than 100x100ft and the central mound is 10ft high from the ground. It is made of individual stones of quartzite. It and Rock Hawk are the only similar formations east of the Mississippi.

9/20/20 10:36 PM
2/4/06

OH SHIT! That reminds me... This definitely wind most ridiculous landmark in the state until it was demolished after being sold at auction by the FBI. It was called Tama-Re and was the compound of the Nuwaubian cult. It contained a black pyramid and a gold one. The leader was eventually arrested for... Surprise surprise... Kiddie diddling.

9/20/20 10:36 PM
2/4/06