NOOO!

Why?!

WHHHYYY!?!?

8/26/19 12:51 PM
11/30/07
TheBearStare -
pumpkinpuss -
TequilaYuen -
TzTinkle - The first time I saw the person in the bear suit in The Shining.

It's so random and out of place. It shouldn't be horrific, but it is. Gotta credit Kubrick for his presentation of it.

fucking christ. i cannot even watch this. just remembering it, is giving me douche chills

anyone interested, i think the book explains what the scene is about and means.

Apparently there is an insinuation that Jack may have been sexually abusing his son. The person in the costume also has their ass exposed. Apparently there's a few bears scattered at interesting times in the movie linking them with his son

I dont approve of the animal choice.

During the interview he was reading a playgirl with an article about it. 

8/26/19 1:04 PM
12/3/16

Boy in Little Monsters still creeps me out to this day, especially when they show the back of his head.

8/26/19 1:18 PM
7/10/02
To me it's hands down girl being paralyzed in Million Dollar Babies. I had heard of the movie, knew it was Eastwood flick, but I thought it was a female boxing thing though.

So when I was just mindlessly browsing channel and realized what it's about I freaked out. It was by far my biggest fear. Still is my biggest hatred for today's world, that we leave people paralyzed from the neck down "living" like this for years even if they'd rather die.

The way it happens in the movie is laughable though, BUT, as I write this and you are reading these lines, 1000s of people are stuck like that. Fuck that shit. Let people decide their own fates! Not some cold bureaucracy and lawyers!

8/26/19 1:24 PM
11/30/07
stevezur -

Lots of good ones in this thread.

The 56 and 78 versions were so much better. 

8/26/19 1:35 PM
4/16/08
Ben Gardner's boat

blue please and thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMFyoBf0CWI
Edited: 8/26/19 1:42 PM
1/1/01

TIDELAND

The whole fucking movie.

This nightmare needs to be experienced in its full Terry Gilliam bad shroom trip glory.

You don't feel right for a little while after the film. Not "jump out of your skin" type of frights - more "What the fuck is inside people's brains" 

8/26/19 1:42 PM
11/17/10

Last scene of blair witch project

Bear attack scene in Back Country

8/26/19 1:45 PM
11/17/10
Wiggy -
The Salaminzer - 

The Ring.

I almost *never* get "scared" at horror movies. But this scene flat out gave me the heebie-effin-jeebies. Like I could literally feel my skin crawl - don't know what it was about it.

Funny story about The Ring:

I went & saw this in the theater with my (now) ex, her brother, and her dad. We were all at the Outer Banks for a long weekend, but it was off-season (like late October or November), so there was almost nobody there.

We went to the last (like 10pm) showing, and my ex mom-in-law stayed back to watch the kids.

Well, we finish the movie (we're the only ones there) and go to leave the theater. There is NOBODY ANYWHERE. Like no other movie patrons, no theater employees in the lobby...nothing.

We go outside and since it's both late (most people are in bed) and off-season (there's hardly anyone at OBX as it is), there weren't even people driving around or anything. It was kinda weird.

We're all talking about the movie when someone makes a joke like "man, I wouldn't wanna answer my phone if it randomly rang right now".

At that very INSTANT, my bro-in-law's phone rang...which of course, startled us all & made us laugh. He answers it and proceeds to go pale as a sheet - on the other end was nothing but a crackling, distant sound...*exactly* like the sound everyone would get when answering the phone in the movie.

Turns out it was my mom-in-law's phone. She was playing with the kids or some shit and somehow my bro-in-law got butt dialed (this was before smartphones and instant caller ID), hence the random call and background noise.

It was hilarious after we figured out what it was, but damn if his stomach wasn't in knots for a little bit. lol

Since that movie came out abd, to this very day, ill randomly prank call people, some randoms and some friends/family, just saying in a creepy voice like in the ring

"Seven daysssssss . . . "

8/26/19 5:11 PM
12/6/14
In Limbo -
Wiggy -
The Salaminzer - 

The Ring.

I almost *never* get "scared" at horror movies. But this scene flat out gave me the heebie-effin-jeebies. Like I could literally feel my skin crawl - don't know what it was about it.

Funny story about The Ring:

I went & saw this in the theater with my (now) ex, her brother, and her dad. We were all at the Outer Banks for a long weekend, but it was off-season (like late October or November), so there was almost nobody there.

We went to the last (like 10pm) showing, and my ex mom-in-law stayed back to watch the kids.

Well, we finish the movie (we're the only ones there) and go to leave the theater. There is NOBODY ANYWHERE. Like no other movie patrons, no theater employees in the lobby...nothing.

We go outside and since it's both late (most people are in bed) and off-season (there's hardly anyone at OBX as it is), there weren't even people driving around or anything. It was kinda weird.

We're all talking about the movie when someone makes a joke like "man, I wouldn't wanna answer my phone if it randomly rang right now".

At that very INSTANT, my bro-in-law's phone rang...which of course, startled us all & made us laugh. He answers it and proceeds to go pale as a sheet - on the other end was nothing but a crackling, distant sound...*exactly* like the sound everyone would get when answering the phone in the movie.

Turns out it was my mom-in-law's phone. She was playing with the kids or some shit and somehow my bro-in-law got butt dialed (this was before smartphones and instant caller ID), hence the random call and background noise.

It was hilarious after we figured out what it was, but damn if his stomach wasn't in knots for a little bit. lol

Since that movie came out abd, to this very day, ill randomly prank call people, some randoms and some friends/family, just saying in a creepy voice like in the ring

"Seven daysssssss . . . "

Ive done that lol and left voicemails making the babadook sound

8/27/19 12:00 AM
2/19/06
Ryann Von Doom - 
stevezur -

Lots of good ones in this thread.

The 56 and 78 versions were so much better. 

Agree. 78 is one of my favorite movies.

8/27/19 12:45 AM
6/29/11
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

Signs. When they first show the alien walking outside with the video of the birthday party with the little kids looking out the window. They are showing it on the news and Merrill is watching the TV in the closet and the kids see the alien for the first time. I. WILL. NEVER. FORGET. THAT. SHIT!

Fuck yeah

8/27/19 12:57 AM
1/1/01
The Donkeypuncher - 
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

Signs. When they first show the alien walking outside with the video of the birthday party with the little kids looking out the window. They are showing it on the news and Merrill is watching the TV in the closet and the kids see the alien for the first time. I. WILL. NEVER. FORGET. THAT. SHIT!

Fuck yeah

Hell yeah. I acted just like Joaquin Phoenix did in the movie as well. I think a lot of people did. Great moment.

Another great surprise scare was the lawnmower bit in Sinister. Let's just say I acted just like Ethan Hawke, lol.
8/27/19 12:58 AM
1/1/01
^^^^ And both scenes I watched on a big screen with the lights off, wearing headphones.
8/27/19 1:10 AM
2/3/10

The 1st lord of the rings when the elf princess turns evil during one of the dreams 

Edited: 8/27/19 1:28 AM
1/1/01

I was very little when I saw Brian DePalma's Phantom of the Paradise, which was actually a dark comedy.

There is a silly rip off of the Psycho shower scene (which as a little kid I had never seen) and it terrified me. 

In fact I found the entire movie quite disturbing.

8/27/19 1:58 AM
2/20/09

The scene in District 9 where we (and him) get our first good look at dudes arm that is mutating.  He conveys the absolute horror perfectly.

Its on HBO or one of the platforms I use and I absolutely refuse to watch that again.

8/27/19 2:43 AM
1/1/01

In

8/27/19 3:34 AM
2/23/12
B Sharps -

Remember me Eddie? When I killed your brother I talked JUST LIKE THIS!!!

When he gets  up all flattened and re-inflates himself I was terrified as a kid. It was a horror scene in a kids film

8/28/19 2:14 AM
6/16/08
The Salaminzer - 

The Ring.

I remember watching that movie, numb from muscle relaxers, thinking I was going to shit my pants and nothing was going to stop it.
8/28/19 9:28 AM
10/13/09
IMasturNateConstantly -

The 1st lord of the rings when the elf princess turns evil during one of the dreams 

When Bilbo wants his ring back and you can see the rage in a flash. I didn't see it coming and it scared me good. I thought it was well done. 

8/28/19 9:38 AM
1/1/01
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

Yeah everyone jumped in the theater. That movie was pretty good until showing the alien up close. I feel they made a mistake there.

8/28/19 9:41 AM
10/3/16

"The Counselor" where Fassbender is hiding in some Mexico dump and a DVD is slid from under the door that says, "Hola!"

It's terrifying because 1. We now know the Cartel knows where he's at and are just fucking with him. 2. The DVD has video of his wife being decapitated.

Cut to: Her headless body thrown in a dump somewhere.

Fucked movie.

8/28/19 9:44 AM
8/1/13
Liyon -
The Donkeypuncher - 
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

Fuck yeah

Hell yeah. I acted just like Joaquin Phoenix did in the movie as well. I think a lot of people did. Great moment.

Another great surprise scare was the lawnmower bit in Sinister. Let's just say I acted just like Ethan Hawke, lol.

The lawnmower scene is next level scare the shit out. I never jump watching horror movies anymore but that did it. Showed that scene to my wife and she screamed.

8/28/19 9:45 AM
8/1/13
MarcusAurelioFan -

"The Counselor" where Fassbender is hiding in some Mexico dump and a DVD is slid from under the door that says, "Hola!"

It's terrifying because 1. We now know the Cartel knows where he's at and are just fucking with him. 2. The DVD has video of his wife being decapitated.

Cut to: Her headless body thrown in a dump somewhere.

Fucked movie.

Many scary moments in that movie.