OtherGround Forums My latest voice over work

8 days ago
5/23/12

re-recorded a closer for podcast I had worked with before, they needed some stuff changed.

Had a bad cold when I recorded it so voice is a little weird, but its a horror based podcast so hopefully it worked out.

8 days ago
7/16/13

are you retarded?

8 days ago
3/31/14

8 days ago
5/23/12
John Wick -

are you retarded?

why, are you cruising for retard ass?

8 days ago
3/31/14
Passive Jay -
John Wick -

are you retarded?

Classic Jay zinger!

your voice ain't that bad, but you need to enunciate better

8 days ago
5/23/12
Bukkaked by Bombers -
Passive Jay -
John Wick -

are you retarded?

Classic Jay zinger!

i was pretty sick. I am kind of surprised they went with that recording. I told them I would be more than happy to redo it when I was not sick. 

7 days ago
4/22/13

Nice!

7 days ago
5/23/12
Gñe -

Nice!

thanks

7 days ago
8/20/03
Bukkaked by Bombers - 
Passive Jay -
John Wick -

are you retarded?

Classic Jay zinger!

LOL!

PeeJay does have a cool voice.

I agree with the enunciate more though.

It makes it a bit more clear.

Look at Howard Stern, the guy looks like a jerk, but has a great voice for radio.

PeeJay is not a jerk but has a great voice.

I miss his podcasts with Icy Mike.

7 days ago
5/23/12

yeah the more i listen to this one the less happy I am with it. Kind of wish they would have asked for a new recording.

Ah well, check still cashed!

Edited: 7 days ago
1/14/07
I dont know why, but it doesn't sound natural.

Sounds like you adjusted the pitch or something.

What mic/interface are you using?
7 days ago
5/12/03

Jay, it sounds a ton better than your earlier works. It does sound uncompressed as your volume fluctates throughout the recording. 

But you're a lot less sibilant/plosive and less "moist" than before. Good work. 

7 days ago
5/23/12
RdotC - I dont know why, but it doesn't sound natural.

i use a rode podcaster and the default recording program on my computer. 

7 days ago
1/14/07
Passive Jay - 

A USB mic?

That might be part of it. I'd definitely look into something XLR and pick up a decent interface/preamp.
7 days ago
5/23/12
RdotC -
Passive Jay - 

A USB mic?

That might be part of it. I'd definitely look into something XLR and pick up a decent interface/preamp.

yes but it is a pretty good one.

Features Broadcast Quality USB Microphone Polar Pattern Frequency Response • Broadcast Sound Quality • 28mm dynamic capsule • 18-bit resolution, 8-48kHz sampling • Windows and Mac compatible • Powered by USB bus • Internal capsule shock mounting • 3.5mm stereo headphone output with volume control built-in to body • 

https://www.amazon.com/Rode-Podcaster-USB-Dynamic-Microphone/dp/B000JM46FY/ref=asc_df_B000JM46FY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241975630295&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15601650502271628753&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016982&hvtargid=pla-399981052052&psc=1

I have had it for about 12 years now.

7 days ago
1/14/07
Passive Jay - 
RdotC -
Passive Jay - 

A USB mic?

Features Broadcast Quality USB Microphone Polar Pattern Frequency Response • Broadcast Sound Quality • 28mm dynamic capsule • 18-bit resolution, 8-48kHz sampling • Windows and Mac compatible • Powered by USB bus • Internal capsule shock mounting • 3.5mm stereo headphone output with volume control built-in to body • 

https://www.amazon.com/Rode-Podcaster-USB-Dynamic-Microphone/dp/B000JM46FY/ref=asc_df_B000JM46FY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241975630295&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15601650502271628753&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016982&hvtargid=pla-399981052052&psc=1

Even the best USB mic is going to be noticeably poorer quality to a good XLR and solid preamp.

For years, I used a Rode NT1-A and a Scarlett 2i2. Not super expensive but you'd notice a big difference. You'd also be able to tighten things up quite a bit by using a decent recording program.

Now I moved on to a Sure sm7b and a GoXLR (as it gives a ton of flexibility for doing things live).
7 days ago
12/26/07
Great job!

Maybe work on cleaning up that Chicago/Detroit Midwestern sound a little on the vowels.
7 days ago
6/26/06
Bukkaked by Bombers - 
Passive Jay -
John Wick -

are you retarded?

Classic Jay zinger!

Agreed, voice is good, everything else is fairly bush league. Tinny sound, noise, poor diction, audible mouth dryness and yes enunciation is shite too.

USB mic, for professional work? Come onnnn Jay...
7 days ago
6/26/06
RdotC - 
Passive Jay - 
RdotC -
Passive Jay - 

A USB mic?

Even the best USB mic is going to be noticeably poorer quality to a good XLR and solid preamp.

For years, I used a Rode NT1-A and a Scarlett 2i2. Not super expensive but you'd notice a big difference. You'd also be able to tighten things up quite a bit by using a decent recording program.

Now I moved on to a Sure sm7b and a GoXLR (as it gives a ton of flexibility for doing things live).

Seconds on the Scarlett and xlr mic setup. The scarlett is the best option on the market today, easy to use, tons of software options.
7 days ago
5/23/12
RdotC -
Passive Jay - 
RdotC -
Passive Jay - 

A USB mic?

I do not feel like I have been getting enough voice over work to justify buying new equipment but I guess I should look into it if it is a significant difference. 

7 days ago
6/26/06
Passive Jay - 
RdotC -
Passive Jay - 
RdotC -
Passive Jay - 

A USB mic?

I do not feel like I have been getting enough voice over work to justify buying new equipment but I guess I should look into it if it is a significant difference. 

Do you think there might be a connection between not getting enough work and the fact that you're using shitty hardware and software? 12 year old usb mic and default windows recording software, you know you can get a basic version of pro tools free?
7 days ago
5/23/12
RenatoCocopreta -
Passive Jay - 
RdotC -
Passive Jay - 
RdotC -
Passive Jay - 

A USB mic?

Do you think there might be a connection between not getting enough work and the fact that you're using shitty hardware and software? 12 year old usb mic and default windows recording software, you know you can get a basic version of pro tools free?

it is possible. it would be the only reason I would consider dropping 500 bucks on new gear. 

and no I was not aware that there is a free version of pro tools. I never edit my stuff, I send the raw  audio to my client and they edit it so I did not figure that it mattered what program I used to record it. 

7 days ago
1/1/01

Are you on Fiverr?  I see a lot of people on there doing voice overs for $5 - $10.  If you got enough of those you could afford some more professional equipment.  

Edited: 7 days ago
11/17/02
deleted
7 days ago
7/14/16

My only critique is the slight accent. I ket waiting for a "Don't ya knooow" at the end.