OtherGround Forums My niece just turned 9...

16 days ago
1/3/06

I love my brother . We are 15 months apart in age and close. He put his 3 children in Jiu Jitsu. She is the most successful. Proud uncle watching her sink choke after choke winning tournaments over all the boys. She is creative and artistic. She loves to draw. 
Bro texts me one day a year ago "WTF!!!!" It's a scan of a brain tumor. They rush to get it removed. She has a sag in her smile now. Tests reveal the spread....to her spine, inside her bones. She does radiation. It cripples her. Then chemo, which almost kills her. Her chances go from whatever % to terminal.

16 days ago
5/2/02

Oh Jesus.   I’m so sorry to hear this.  

16 days ago
6/22/03

That's horrible. Life can be so cruel. I'm sorry to hear it, Amarelo.

16 days ago
7/29/13

Fuck thats rough man. I had a 7 year old niece die from illness not too long ago. It was tough seeing her hooked up to all the machines in the hospital. Watching kids suffer is such a shitty thing. 

16 days ago
7/14/17

Fuck 

16 days ago
7/14/17

That's fucking awful 

16 days ago
1/3/06

Now she is a quadrapeligic. She can barely hold a pencil. My heart is broken to hear her sweet little voice losing its innocence. She plans how to divide her toys when she dies. Her younger sister gets her beloved teddy bears. 
She is brave and determined...although frustrated over her weakness to even draw. It takes all energy to crack in her presence. 

16 days ago
11/16/17

That's so fucked up in so many levels. 

I have to say it...... If you believe in God when this kind of shit happens..... 

I hope the best man. 

16 days ago
11/17/10
Amarelo -

Now she is a quadrapeligic. She can barely hold a pencil. My heart is broken to hear her sweet little voice losing its innocence. She plans how to divide her toys when she dies. Her younger sister gets her beloved teddy bears. 
She is brave and determined...although frustrated over her weakness to even draw. It takes all energy to crack in her presence. 

so sad

sorry about this and the OG is always down to help out sick children

i would honestly go through the worst, most painful , long drawn out death and eternal suffering if it meant that no more children in the world would die from such horrible diseases

16 days ago
1/16/19

Fucking hell. Sorry man. I’ve been there before with a young niece. Hit me hard. 

16 days ago
5/22/06

Dude

I can’t even process what life is like after this. I’m terribly sorry for your family. No one deserves this, definitely not children. Fuck.

16 days ago
1/3/06

Cancer charities are amazing . I have a lot to digest and learn from this tragedy. I think about what I will say at her eulogy every single day. I want to be useful and strong as everyone around me crumbles. I can't believe she will never experience heartache, boyfriends, stress, school finals , to see her develop into an adult. All I can say is she has taught me to love everyone and everything so much more. I want the best for everyone and everything. To make enemies is to dishonor her essence. To think negatively, to perpetuate hatred is not for me. I would like to believe that in her suffering, her strength has been of life's greatest lessons. 

16 days ago
11/17/10
Amarelo -

Cancer charities are amazing . I have a lot to digest and learn from this tragedy. I think about what I will say at her eulogy every single day. I want to be useful and strong as everyone around me crumbles. I can't believe she will never experience heartache, boyfriends, stress, school finals , to see her develop into an adult. All I can say is she has taught me to love everyone and everything so much more. I want the best for everyone and everything. To make enemies is to dishonor her essence. To think negatively, to perpetuate hatred is not for me. I would like to believe that in her suffering, her strength has been of life's greatest lessons. 

well said

is is glioblastoma, by any chance?

i had a cousin pass away from that horrible cancer a few years ago at age 39, leaving behind a 3 and 5 yr old at the time

our family does the annual Naitonal Brain Tumor walk in NYC every year and donate to them all the time...great foundation

16 days ago
1/1/01

That's horrible, I'm so sorry for your family 

16 days ago
1/3/06
In Limbo -
Amarelo -

so sad

sorry about this and the OG is always down to help out sick children

i would honestly go through the worst, most painful , long drawn out death and eternal suffering if it meant that no more children in the world would die from such horrible diseases

I believe you . It only alloys my faith in humanity. Why I love you all, my brothers.

16 days ago
1/1/01
that fucking disease. Sorry to hear bro, be strong for the rest of the family.
16 days ago
1/3/06
In Limbo -
Amarelo -

well said

is is glioblastoma, by any chance?

i had a cousin pass away from that horrible cancer a few years ago at age 39, leaving behind a 3 and 5 yr old at the time

our family does the annual Naitonal Brain Tumor walk in NYC every year and donate to them all the time...great foundation

It is. She started getting headaches. By the time they caught it, it metastasized...EVERYWHERE.

i have a 19 month old daughter who trips and raises my blood pressure. My niece is in permanent distress and she chemo and hormones turned her into a monster. 

16 days ago
2/9/07
Amarelo -

Sounds like you know exactly what to say 

I’m sorry and my heart goes out to you

16 days ago
1/13/11

I am so sorry to hear this.  I cannot even begin to fathom what you are going through, but I will learn from it and be sure to let my loved ones know how much they mean to me.  Thank your niece for teaching me That as well.  

we are here for you, we never close and whenever you need an ear please don’t hesitate to reach out.  

Edited: 16 days ago
4/13/12

Vote Up for positive wishes to you and yours.  So sorry to hear this.  Hoping for a miracle bro.

16 days ago
8/12/10

Sympathies man. No Man should have to watch a kid suffer. It's the worst. 

16 days ago
8/20/15
Amarelo -

I love my brother . We are 15 months apart in age and close. He put his 3 children in Jiu Jitsu. She is the most successful. Proud uncle watching her sink choke after choke winning tournaments over all the boys. She is creative and artistic. She loves to draw. 
Bro texts me one day a year ago "WTF!!!!" It's a scan of a brain tumor. They rush to get it removed. She has a sag in her smile now. Tests reveal the spread....to her spine, inside her bones. She does radiation. It cripples her. Then chemo, which almost kills her. Her chances go from whatever % to terminal.

Fuck dude. I know this means fuck all but I'm sorry.

Like 0 chance? Surely there is some hope?

16 days ago
1/3/06

It's the ultimate perspective changer. I appreciate everyone's support, well wishes and prayers.
They have not paid a dime for the treatment, surgeries, housing, flights. The children's cancer charities are a gift to so many. I'm a strong supporter. 

16 days ago
1/3/06

A few months ago, from the chemo, she was crashing. It was a moment they had to tell her goodbye. Faced with the regret of not saying everything they had wished to tell her if she didn't survive. Amoungst those things was " sweetheart, you are going to die from this, you can stop fighting now." She was relieved. It gave her peace of mind. But it fucking ripped my heart out. Since then I've been in such turmoil. Philosophizing death as an adult is heavy enough.

16 days ago
12/18/08

I am so fucking sorry... I couldn't even begin to imagine what your family has been through:(