OtherGround Forums NFL & HBO "Hard Knocks" 2019 - Raiders - Aug 6th

16 days ago
2/5/05
Poiupoiu - having injured feet Antonio Brown was still running pretty fast

Ok the radio yesterday they were saying he wore the wrong footwear for cryo treatment in France and his feet are fucked up from it. Fucking bizarre. 

16 days ago
2/5/05
shadallion -

John Abrams needs a Code Red.  

A fucking rookie back-talking the franchise QB and head coach?! Unacceptable! 

The way he was talking to Gruden was nuts. That was wholly disrespectful. 

The shit with Carr was just childish and ignorant. 

I do love this show though. I may have to check out some of the other ones. I just love behind the scenes stuff and practices for some reason. 

16 days ago
2/25/13
clattymine - 
shadallion -

I do love this show though. I may have to check out some of the other ones. I just love behind the scenes stuff and practices for some reason. 

people from impoverished backgrounds often talk about respect and disrespect, before getting upset.

abrams was disrespectful with both coach and carr.
16 days ago
12/2/05
FETT_Loadin76_TFK -
Wiggy -
BrckNoHitBk - 
jarroyo -
Wiggy - I miss watching football - haven't watched in a few years because of all the extraneous junk that's come along with it.

Think it'll be possible to watch the NFL this year without a constant barrage of political & social bullshit?

You could ignore the dumb shit like regular people

This. lol. There isn't a fucking banner that runs across the screen every other play or anything. The OG makes a bigger deal out of than any team or player.

Last game I tried watching was a Panthers game maybe two years ago? They spent half the first quarter bringing up politics, social shit, kneeling & the anthem, etc.

I said fuck it & didn't go back.

If you stream the NFL network they only show from the first kickoff and mostly (if any) all the shit you're describing happens before that

I watch redzone. 

16 days ago
3/11/09
clattymine -

Ok the radio yesterday they were saying he wore the wrong footwear for cryo treatment in France and his feet are fucked up from it. Fucking bizarre. 

It's definitely not "extreme frostbite" like the team is reporting. 

16 days ago
1/1/01
Diabeetus - 
clattymine -

why do you say that?
16 days ago
3/11/09
Rhymenoceros -
Diabeetus - 
clattymine -

why do you say that?

Because as far as I'm aware your skin turns black and you very likely lose fingers/toes/limbs with extreme frostbite. AB's feet looked like he walked around in wet shoes for a few days and the bottom of his feet are peeling....or he got some kind of bacterial infection. Just doesn't look like frostbite to me.....much less extreme frostbite.

16 days ago
1/1/01
Yeah, "extreme frostbite" is definitely out, but I can see that skin peeling off from a bad blister he got as a result of exposure to extreme cold. Like, if you get liquid nitrogen dropped on your skin its basically like a burn, and I guess it could cause a blister like that. Likewise if he wore wet shoes or socks in a cryo chamber I can see how it would cause a "burn" on the bottoms of his feet.
16 days ago
1/1/01
One thing that was weird is that he was working with a trainer on those agility drills and sprints and whatnot. I guess those guys need to justify their paychecks, but what is that guy supposed to do? "Hey, does your foot skin hurt? Ok, let's take a break then I guess." It's not like he's treating tendinitis or something.
16 days ago
3/11/09
Rhymenoceros - Yeah, "extreme frostbite" is definitely out, but I can see that skin peeling off from a bad blister he got as a result of exposure to extreme cold. Like, if you get liquid nitrogen dropped on your skin its basically like a burn, and I guess it could cause a blister like that. Likewise if he wore wet shoes or socks in a cryo chamber I can see how it would cause a "burn" on the bottoms of his feet.

Yeah that's a possibility. Doesn't seem too serious anyway as he looked to be running around just fine.

16 days ago
2/8/08
Damn. Hate seeing a starting guard carried off the field.
14 days ago
7/4/03
team will be a trainwreck... John Abrams' getting away with that behavior is evidence of zero leadership on or off the field...
14 days ago
1/30/10

How did Abrams do in his first preseason game ?

13 days ago
2/8/08
dios -

How did Abrams do in his first preseason game ?

The first set of downs for the Defense looked good as a whole, but its hard to tell in the first preseason game. I saw him in on a few tackles and didnt see anything horribly wrong. 

I saw Conley go down after a small collision, and didnt see him back on the field. Hope that wasnt anything serious. I wasnt paying close attention though, after the first few series played.

13 days ago
1/1/01

First episode is on youtube for anyone that missed it.

13 days ago
12/10/09
clattymine -
shadallion -

Find the bengals one. I recall that being good with Chad Johnson yucking it up abd the owner trying to sign his rookie OL. 

13 days ago
3/11/09
scrapdo -
clattymine -
shadallion -

Find the bengals one. I recall that being good with Chad Johnson yucking it up abd the owner trying to sign his rookie OL. 

A few good moments with James Harrison too. Loved when the 1 coach told him not to touch the merchandise (I forget which player he was referring to) and Harrison basically said he would do whatever he wanted and pretty much scared the coach into agreeing with him.

13 days ago
12/10/09
Diabeetus -
scrapdo -
clattymine -
shadallion -

A few good moments with James Harrison too. Loved when the 1 coach told him not to touch the merchandise (I forget which player he was referring to) and Harrison basically said he would do whatever he wanted and pretty much scared the coach into agreeing with him.

“Time to kiss the baby” had me lol

10 days ago
2/25/13

ep 2 yet?

10 days ago
2/5/05
Diabeetus -
scrapdo -
clattymine -
shadallion -

Harrison is a different animal. 

10 days ago
2/5/05

Gruden is bizarre. I like him as an announcer but he sucks as a coach. Just yelling for the sake of yelling isn’t motivating. 

When Buckner started in on the guys ... that’s the shit love to see! 

24 looks like he’s gonna be an animal. 

Hate the raiders, love the show. 

10 days ago
1/30/10
clattymine -

Gruden is bizarre. I like him as an announcer but he sucks as a coach. Just yelling for the sake of yelling isn’t motivating. 

Lol so he sucks as a coach ? Let me see, he’s won multiple super bowls and many division championships ....what are your football credentials to be calling him a shitty coach ?

10 days ago
6/22/09

Very interesting to see the Raiders talking about Aaron Donald with such awe and reverence.

10 days ago
2/5/05
dios -
clattymine -

Lol so he sucks as a coach ? Let me see, he’s won multiple super bowls and many division championships ....what are your football credentials to be calling him a shitty coach ?

I watch this show and sometimes upwards of three games a week during the season. I clearly know more than he ever could. 

10 days ago
12/10/09
dios -
clattymine -

I don't think he sucks as a coach, but he's won 1 conference title and 1 SB title and it was with Tony Dungy's team.