OtherGround Forums NY ER Doctor: People are dying

8 days ago
6/28/13

‘People Are Dying’: 72 Hours Inside a N.Y.C. Hospital Battling Coronavirus

By Robin Stein and Caroline Kim •March 25, 2020

An emergency room doctor in Elmhurst, Queens, gives a rare look inside a hospital at the center of the coronavirus pandemic. “We don’t have the tools that we need.”

Bodies are piling up.

"I don't care if I get in trouble for talking to the media..."

Watch the video here as I can't embed it.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/nyregion/100000007052136/coronavirus-elmhurst-hospital-queens.html

?

8 days ago
11/16/08

Covid is bad, m'kay?

8 days ago
7/31/09

Ya...thats why we're on lockdown. Duh.

8 days ago
2/2/08
Bye bye NY
8 days ago
1/11/06
So, how would they rate this on a cooties percentage ?
8 days ago
12/9/13

its sad, but not surprised

8 days ago
3/18/14

Bodies are piling up. There is literally a pile of dead bodies

8 days ago
8/17/08

so if people die as they normally would but would also happen to test positive for carona does that count as a carona death?

8 days ago
4/19/09

Wouldn’t providing the media a video of a bunch of patients  along with their diagnosis constitute a HIPPA violation? 

8 days ago
2/25/12

Video seemed odd to me. 

8 days ago
6/3/03

Are they eating the dead yet?

8 days ago
12/3/02

The quarterquell has begun. 

8 days ago
3/14/11

Saw this video earlier and while I don’t disagree that this virus is terrible, I also don’t get a legit vibe from this. On top of not really any numbers being discussed, how can they just video multiple patients like that? Also is the bodies piling up more from the spike in corona deaths or because of the undoubtedly slow processing due to shut downs in the area. Not trying to sound heartless just don’t know if the video sits right with me. 

8 days ago
10/15/13

If i go to the supermaret and they don't have a certain product to meet demand, i blame the supermarket for not being prepared.

If i go to the hospital and they don't have the medical supplies to meet demand, i blame the President of the United States for not being prepared?

Is that how it works?

8 days ago
10/15/13
Mark Krumrine -

Saw this video earlier and while I don’t disagree that this virus is terrible, I also don’t get a legit vibe from this. On top of not really any numbers being discussed, how can they just video multiple patients like that? Also is the bodies piling up more from the spike in corona deaths or because of the undoubtedly slow processing due to shut downs in the area. Not trying to sound heartless just don’t know if the video sits right with me. 

This.

8 days ago
3/2/11
Al Cappucino -

If i go to the supermaret and they don't have a certain product to meet demand, i blame the supermarket for not being prepared.

If i go to the hospital and they don't have the medical supplies to meet demand, i blame the President of the United States for not being prepared?

Is that how it works?

Yes

-CNN

8 days ago
5/9/06
Luke Rockhard -

Wouldn’t providing the media a video of a bunch of patients  along with their diagnosis constitute a HIPPA violation? 

She’s using the feet only clause

8 days ago
12/31/17

Hmm I have seen her before somewhere...

8 days ago
1/13/14
Mark Krumrine -

Agreed. There's bodies because the families or coroners cant just go in and take the dead like they used to. So yeah bodies will pile up if it takes 10 times longer to get them out. 

8 days ago
1/1/01
Luke Rockhard -

Oh yeah.   Major fines.  

Edited: 8 days ago
6/28/10

lmao at how many OGers are trying so hard to "debunk" this or pass it off as just overblown BS. Don't get the point of it

8 days ago
3/14/11
BrckNoHitBk -

lmao at how many OGers are trying so hard to "debunk" this or pass it off as just overblown BS. Don't get the point of it

I’m not trying to debunk everything. However when the media has pitched false info for a long time there are times that comes back to bite you. I clearly said I’m not saying it isn’t serious. But I think something doesn’t sit right about the video that’s all. 

8 days ago
4/18/06
BrckNoHitBk -

Yeah it’s crazy how tired we are of being lied to by the media who push their own agenda. 

8 days ago
11/21/15

The bring in refrigerated simi trailers every year for the flu deaths too, right?

8 days ago
3/4/18

It's all a secret agreement between media in every country to make Trump look bad! 

Doctors are letting people know the severity of the situation so morons stay the fuck inside and this doesn't happen in every big city. They're also asking for more help.