OtherGround Forums NYC is going to sh*t.

6/1/20 10:46 AM
4/1/10
NomoRomophobia - 
Zned -

NYC has had riots and looting in the past, but I don't know if there was ever a time when it was happening in all five boroughs at once.

The coordinated robberies of Gucci and Chanel and Coach in SoHo and Midtown make things even more alarming because it isn't just acting out, these are planned and coordinated crime sprees going on.

I saw they hit Rolex too.

Do they not put all their shit in big safes at night?

I think for uinsurance reasons they all have to be locked up by 6pm.

6/1/20 10:52 AM
10/23/05

I've always had a love and hate relationship with the city.

We can all agree that DiBlasio is a first grade moron. He can't even brag about his social / housing reforms. A failure throughout. He'll get the boot.

I live in Manhattan so I don't use the MTA that much, but I do recall using the subway extensively in the 90s. I'm a fan of the Citybikes. Subway infrastracture has gone to shit. But at least I'm not worried of getting mugged. Crime was a real issue back then and have been mugged at gun point a couple of times. However, the Disney-type experience nowadays is depressing.

I'm a city guy, and I'm not sure where I'd rather be in the US if not for NYC, despite everything there is to hate about it.

6/1/20 10:52 AM
7/15/04

6/1/20 10:56 AM
10/18/14
Zned -

I loved New York.

I have worked in midtown for 20+ years.

I have always been an avid lover of this city and everything that surrounds it.

The last few years I toyed with the idea of leaving, but couldn't pull the trigger.

It has felt like breaking up with a long time girlfriend.

There is a feeling of it being over now.

sad to hear how bad things are in NYC

i saw some stuff on people burning fruit stands in chinatown last night

did you hear anything about that?

6/1/20 11:01 AM
4/3/08
BigEyedFish -
ufc98newb - 

im really trying to stay away from news for the next two weeks. are we talking about looting and rioting, or is this just about COVID fallout? 

Hi I can help. 

I just came off a 2 week MSM haiatus (except a few minutes of watching CNN hoping the rioters would get into studio and drag producers and anchors out by their broken necks). 

according to the news, covid is gone.  

we have moved onto the next crisis that trump created 

“Covid is gone”

All you need to know about the media and their BS

4/27/05
In Limbo -
Stache -
In Limbo - 
Zned -
TurkishDelight - 

He's the Dinkins that will get us another Giuliani

Dinkins gets a much worse rap than he deserves, and the turnaround in crime and flight happened at the end of his tenure.

DiBlasio is the worst thing to happen to NYC since the Halal Truck on 6th Ave.

deblasio is certainly the WORST thing to happen to NYC...and i dont think there should be much argument about that, even though he has ardent supporters

im not one to make black and white statements about things or people, but man, DeBlasio is seriously one of the worst people ive paid attn to, as far as local politicians and leaders

on top of having overly progressive ideals, when his policies fail or negatives come out of them, he never takes any responsibility and always blames "the administration" (trump or Cuomo) for not helping NYC enough or fast enough

the way he tried to blame Trump and White Nationalism for the anti semitic attacks and his hiring of carranza to head the public schools was disgusting

How did he ever get elected? Watching him during the DNC debates, it was clear he's as extreme as anyone in the DSA.

obv more complicated and people liked whatever proposals he had for whatever reason

but this is a big part of it and his slogan is "striving to make NYC the FAIREST city in the world"

his wife is a "former lesbian"

his daughter is a typical NYU brat activist type

and his son's Afro was , no joke, a huge part of his campaign trail when he first ran....

Identity politics 

4/1/10
mataleo1 - 

We can all agree that DiBlasio is a first grade moron. He can't even brag about his social / housing reforms. A failure throughout. He'll get the boot.

I live in Manhattan so I don't use the MTA that much, but I do recall using the subway extensively in the 90s. I'm a fan of the Citybikes. Subway infrastracture has gone to shit. But at least I'm not worried of getting mugged. Crime was a real issue back then and have been mugged at gun point a couple of times. However, the Disney-type experience nowadays is depressing.

I'm a city guy, and I'm not sure where I'd rather be in the US if not for NYC, despite everything there is to hate about it.

I was on a facetime call with a coworker who lives in Union Square earlier, it looks really bad there from last night.

I lived down in Hanover Sq for a bit. I really loved it.

Stay safe and well.

6/1/20 11:02 AM
1/6/20
Abradolf Lincler - 

Liberals are burning all of their own cities down. 

Liberals are trash people.  The way I see it, they've been losing so much over the past 3 years that they're taking their frustrations out on the community. 

They take zero responsibility for their actions, always blaming others and are the biggest hypocrites. 

4/1/10
rekt - 
Zned -

I loved New York.

I have worked in midtown for 20+ years.

I have always been an avid lover of this city and everything that surrounds it.

The last few years I toyed with the idea of leaving, but couldn't pull the trigger.

It has felt like breaking up with a long time girlfriend.

There is a feeling of it being over now.

sad to hear how bad things are in NYC

i saw some stuff on people burning fruit stands in chinatown last night

did you hear anything about that?

I am sure they did.

7/27/11
Zned -
Uhtred Ragnarson - 

Did any of you see this?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/31/report-nyc-mayor-bill-de-blasio-daughter-arrested-at-protest/

You can’t make this shit up.

I am guessing we will hear what a hero she is in between episodes of the Cuomo Bros.

Fuck them all. 

Nepotism at it's worst. I'm sure she'll walk away scot free. 

6/1/20 11:04 AM
7/27/11
EVspinner -
Abradolf Lincler - 

Liberals are trash people.  The way I see it, they've been losing so much over the past 3 years that they're taking their frustrations out on the community. 

They take zero responsibility for their actions, always blaming others and are the biggest hypocrites. 

I'd have to agree. Despite making shitty incessant liberal trolls, I genuinely don't understand how people think the way they do. New York is done for. 

Watching this shit has pushed to the right of Attila the Hun. ANTIFA are bottom of the barrel trash. 

6/1/20 11:08 AM
10/23/05
Zned - 
mataleo1 - 

I was on a facetime call with a coworker who lives in Union Square earlier, it looks really bad there from last night.

Stay safe and well.

Fuck, that's where I live (in Montreal now).

Stay safe as well. Things will pick up. It has to.

6/1/20 11:14 AM
5/18/10
Hey Ned. How are corona and the riots affecting people's politics where you hang out? People wanting a change in Biden? Or law an order in Trump?
6/1/20 11:17 AM
4/1/10
Uhtred Ragnarson - 
EVspinner -
Abradolf Lincler - 

I'd have to agree. Despite making shitty incessant liberal trolls, I genuinely don't understand how people think the way they do. New York is done for. 

Watching this shit has pushed to the right of Attila the Hun. ANTIFA are bottom of the barrel trash. 

I have always thought of myself as being liberal, but I see that I am not.

I don't know how on earth anyone can "understand" what is going on.

Outrage over police brutality and abuse of power? Yes, absolutely.

Some people acting out and protests targeted at the problem? Yes.

Mass chaos and the ruination of the lives of innocent people? Reprehensible. There seems to be a common thread where liberals think they are morally superior and have taken some intellectual high road in not condemning this nonsense.

6/1/20 11:19 AM
4/1/10
mataleo1 - 
Zned - 
mataleo1 - 

Stay safe and well.

Fuck, that's where I live (in Montreal now).

Stay safe as well. Things will pick up. It has to.

When we talked he was walking by Paragon headed uptown. Those storefronts were boarded and busted. He said the daytime is fine, but the nights get weird. No reports of anything happening inside of apartment buildings.

6/1/20 11:20 AM
4/1/10
ryans - Hey Ned. How are corona and the riots affecting people's politics where you hang out? People wanting a change in Biden? Or law an order in Trump?

I haven't been socializing at all.

The only people i have seen have been a few inlaws I am very close with.

Otherwise I am keeping to myself.

So, not really sure.

6/1/20 11:23 AM
6/6/02
My coworker who lives in Upper East side heard lots of police sirens outside. He was scared shitless with all the riot coverage on TV too.

For the first time in his life he is prepared to vote for Trump even though he would never admit it. This is how bad it is. lol

Both my wife and I work downtown. No idea when we will return to the office given that we take the lovely subway to work.

I miss my gym (which is right in my building) the most. I have a feeling it will go under without any members for so long!
6/1/20 11:23 AM
8/22/08
the_shrike -

DeBlasio’s Utopia

Maybe his nipple rings??

6/1/20 11:24 AM
5/18/10
Zned - 
ryans - Hey Ned. How are corona and the riots affecting people's politics where you hang out? People wanting a change in Biden? Or law an order in Trump?

So, not really sure.

I wrongly thought you were kind of a big deal on whatsapp
6/1/20 11:32 AM
4/1/10
ryans - 
Zned - 

So, not really sure.

I wrongly thought you were kind of a big deal on whatsapp

lol, no.

6/1/20 11:32 AM
1/1/01
Damien8003 -
the_shrike -

DeBlasio’s Utopia

Maybe his nipple rings??

That’s Cuomo 

6/1/20 11:53 AM
12/17/06

The draft riots killed what? 2k? More?

NY bounces back. Always.

6/1/20 11:54 AM
12/17/06

How many riots has NYC seen? It's gotta be over 40.

6/1/20 12:05 PM
4/20/20
TurkishDelight -

He's the Dinkins that will get us another Giuliani

Crime rate begun it's drop under Giuliani. Dinkins hired the police chief who gets the lionsshare of the credit for turning things around. 

We could use a Dinkins

6/1/20 12:05 PM
4/20/20

Excuse me. Crime rate began it's drop under Dinkins, not Giuliani