OtherGround Forums Neighbours react to woman singing off balcony.....

6 days ago
8/31/10

6 days ago
8/31/10

The Story:

In Santiago, Chile, the government imposed a curfew following demonstrations. She sang El Derecho de vivir pas (The right to live in peace)

6 days ago
2/27/13
sgotwalks -

The Story:

In Santiago, Chile, the government imposed a curfew following demonstrations. She sang El Derecho de vivir pas (The right to live in peace)

I don't know if it's just me being jaded by all the "Wuuurrrllstaaaaarrr" videos posted here, but I was expecting something horrible to happen to her whilst someone screamed "Ooohhhhhh!" repeatedly.

I'm very happy that I was wrong.

6 days ago
8/31/10
Banjaxo -
sgotwalks -

The Story:

I don't know if it's just me being jaded by all the "Wuuurrrllstaaaaarrr" videos posted here, but I was expecting something horrible to happen to her whilst someone screamed "Ooohhhhhh!" repeatedly.

I'm very happy that I was wrong.

Lol! I was totally expecting someone to scream "SHUT THE FUCK UP!"...........or a zoom in somewhere of someone pouring a pot of soup over her head from the balcony above, or something. Ya buddy, you're not alone here.......we've all become jaded fucks!

I too was pleased with the outcome. Then I read the little tagline backstory, and it was actually quite moving/powerful under the circumstances.

6 days ago
11/28/03

i too expected the singer to get punished

6 days ago
12/1/07
i was expecting some Coming to America shit. but i couldnt help but smile with the reaction
5 days ago
1/1/01

Stfu its 3am

5 days ago
3/20/12

what a voice

5 days ago
1/1/01

Very cool. I was expecting some New York style "STFU" comments to be yelled from the other apartments. Glad to see the rest of the world isn't full of assholes

5 days ago
8/31/10
sicko -

Very cool. I was expecting some New York style "STFU" comments to be yelled from the other apartments. Glad to see the rest of the world isn't full of assholes

Lol!

5 days ago
6/27/18

I'm assuming it is not an ungodly hour.

Also it helps that she's obviously a highly trained singer, not some karaoke night attention seeker.

5 days ago
8/31/10
TequilaYuen -

Also it helps that she's obviously a highly trained singer, not some karaoke night attention seeker.

Nothing more than a beautiful moment caught in time.

5 days ago
1/1/01
sgotwalks - 
TequilaYuen -

Nothing more than a beautiful moment caught in time.

It's necessary to understand the context. Chile's a place caught between real fascism and real communism.

Making noise late at night and getting a fine is one thing. Singing and getting tossed in the gulag or thrown out of an airplane at altitude is another.
5 days ago
5/14/10
Meh she was OK but not anything too special. I doubt she'd make it very far on America's Got Talent.
5 days ago
10/31/10

Bad ass!

Maybe one day we can get there as a society 

5 days ago
12/17/06

That was good. She sounds bangable.