OtherGround Forums Netflix loses 9billion over Cuties

9/16/20 10:16 AM
6/27/05
P749 -
Stu Cazzo -
BringBackHeadbutts -
Stu Cazzo - 
baj54 -

9 billion? That's what per $10 subscription? 900 million people! Your telling me 900 million people have canceled Netflix over this? Are we talking a 9 billion dollar eval.? If so then none of this matters too you and I unless your a board member or own stock. 

Hell just alone the new season of cobra kai will bring in a decent amount of viewership too offset some of this. I dont condemn nor applaud anyone for keeping or canceling the service but let's not turn an ant hill into a mountain. Netflix's entire stock could take a shit and they could still be propped up long enough by existing subscribers until the next new faux outrage is declared. 

In other words, this doesnt mean jack shit in the real world. 

Pay no attention to that chomo behind the curtain....

Ininuating baj54 is a pedofile b/c of his post?

Shit like that is wrong with society.  You have a difference of opinion all of a sudden someone's going extreme. 

Say something like you back blm, then you're a liberal and hate white people. 

Say something like you're against blm, then you're a racist and a trump supporter.

This guy chimes in with how he doesn't think netflix will end as a company b/c of this and you infer he's a "chomo". 

Come on dude.

You’re literally too stupid to converse with....

We don’t agree about handguns but I stand with you in most cases.

PS.: Glock sucks 

Haha - ass!

9/16/20 10:43 AM
1/1/01
shaqitup -
baj54 -

9 billion? That's what per $10 subscription? 900 million people! Your telling me 900 million people have canceled Netflix over this? Are we talking a 9 billion dollar eval.? If so then none of this matters too you and I unless your a board member or own stock. 

Hell just alone the new season of cobra kai will bring in a decent amount of viewership too offset some of this. I dont condemn nor applaud anyone for keeping or canceling the service but let's not turn an ant hill into a mountain. Netflix's entire stock could take a shit and they could still be propped up long enough by existing subscribers until the next new faux outrage is declared. 

It’s based off their stock dropping from 550 to like 495, which would have been a result of investors reacting to a reduced subscriber base or a stagnation of it.

If Netflix stock performed differently compared to the Nasdaq Index over the past month, there would be a clear point to be made.  It hasn’t.

The downturn in early Sept was a trend that affected all markets, so it’s hard to pin that on a single factor. Also, Netflix was up on the 15th and 16th, and clearly that does not imply returning or new subscribers.

9/16/20 10:54 AM
3/2/09

9/16/20 11:01 AM
1/1/01
JoeVIP  - 

I Wonder why people didn't cancel over the dance moms show? Wasn't that on Netflix? Even if it wasn't where is the outrage?

I have no interest in watching this Cuties movie. I didn't get halfway through the trailer because it was very uncomfortable. But from what I have seen this movie is about how over sexualizing kids is a bad thing. And isn't that message a good one?

The dance moms show promotes this kind of thing and it's been on for years with hardly a word being said. I just don't understand. 

Netflix brought this on themselves with their horrible marketing. That poster was disgusting and the trailer was worse. I believe it gave the opposite impression of what the movie was about.

And all this controversy drove the movie up into the top 10 instead of just being some forgotten  foreign film.

There's apparently a scene in the movie where an 11-year old girl goes in the bathroom, pulls down her pants, and snaps a pic of her hoohah with her phone.

I don't give a fuck WHAT your position is or what you're trying to show, promote, or whatever else - nothing about that is Ok.

Like a buddy of mine said - they made a movie about exploiting kids by actually exploiting a bunch of kids.

9/16/20 11:04 AM
7/16/07
HoldingTuasBalls -

Dayum..... So, how the hell am I supposed to watch Cobra Kai season 3??? If they actually go out of business

It's a Youtube show first so you can watch it there if they make S3.

9/16/20 11:11 AM
8/7/12
Stu Cazzo -
baj54 -

No clue what the fuck a chomo is but is that the extent of your reply? You jmust be one dumb son of a bitch? Cant even engage in a conversation without getting your little girly panties in a twist faggot. Your probably at home right now polishing your knob while watching Cuties you sick fuck. 

9/16/20 11:12 AM
8/7/12
Stu Cazzo -
BringBackHeadbutts -
Stu Cazzo - 
baj54 -

Ininuating baj54 is a pedofile b/c of his post?

Shit like that is wrong with society.  You have a difference of opinion all of a sudden someone's going extreme. 

Say something like you back blm, then you're a liberal and hate white people. 

Say something like you're against blm, then you're a racist and a trump supporter.

This guy chimes in with how he doesn't think netflix will end as a company b/c of this and you infer he's a "chomo". 

Come on dude.

You’re literally too stupid to converse with....

And your too fucking dumb to be able to keep up with a conversation. 

9/16/20 11:14 AM
1/1/01
Wiggy -
JoeVIP  - 

I Wonder why people didn't cancel over the dance moms show? Wasn't that on Netflix? Even if it wasn't where is the outrage?

I have no interest in watching this Cuties movie. I didn't get halfway through the trailer because it was very uncomfortable. But from what I have seen this movie is about how over sexualizing kids is a bad thing. And isn't that message a good one?

The dance moms show promotes this kind of thing and it's been on for years with hardly a word being said. I just don't understand. 

Netflix brought this on themselves with their horrible marketing. That poster was disgusting and the trailer was worse. I believe it gave the opposite impression of what the movie was about.

And all this controversy drove the movie up into the top 10 instead of just being some forgotten  foreign film.

There's apparently a scene in the movie where an 11-year old girl goes in the bathroom, pulls down her pants, and snaps a pic of her hoohah with her phone.

I don't give a fuck WHAT your position is or what you're trying to show, promote, or whatever else - nothing about that is Ok.

Like a buddy of mine said - they made a movie about exploiting kids by actually exploiting a bunch of kids.

I'm Assuming she didn't actually do it and I'm assuming they didn't show it. I'm not agreeing with it at all. I'm just saying if you think kids aren't actually out there doing that then you are crazy. And you have to be able to talk about it so you can tell kids it's not okay.

Again im not saying exploiting kids to show how exploiting kids is a bad thing, is a good thing. I'm just curious as to how this is more outrageous than that reality show. And why people aren't up in arms about that.

9/16/20 11:16 AM
3/20/15
JoeVIP  - 
Wiggy -
JoeVIP  - 

I'm Assuming she didn't actually do it and I'm assuming they didn't show it. I'm not agreeing with it at all. I'm just saying if you think kids aren't actually out there doing that then you are crazy. And you have to be able to talk about it so you can tell kids it's not okay.

Again im not saying exploiting kids to show how exploiting kids is a bad thing, is a good thing. I'm just curious as to how this is more outrageous than that reality show. And why people aren't up in arms about that.

Does the reality show have gratuitous crotch shots ? And simulated sex moves ?

I didn't watch either, but that's what people who did are saying they are disguted by. That and the marketing of it by Netflix.

9/16/20 11:21 AM
5/7/08
JoeVIP -
Wiggy -
JoeVIP  - 

It's a lost cause, bro. To a lot of the idiots here, if you don't accuse someone else of being a pedo then that makes you a pedo yourself. Any degree of nuanced discussion is a thing of the past in the 2020 OG.

9/16/20 11:28 AM
6/7/08
Obama's Netflix.
9/16/20 11:31 AM
9/13/12

'Cuties' Boycott Fails as Controversial Movie Makes Netflix Top 5 in U.S.

https://www.newsweek.com/cuties-netflix-boycott-cancel-netflix-charts-1531682

OP needs better sources.

9/16/20 11:49 AM
6/27/05
baj54 -
Stu Cazzo -
baj54 -

No clue what the fuck a chomo is but is that the extent of your reply? You jmust be one dumb son of a bitch? Cant even engage in a conversation without getting your little girly panties in a twist faggot. Your probably at home right now polishing your knob while watching Cuties you sick fuck. 

You too...? (too fucking stupid to realize my comment wasn’t about you)

Edited: 9/16/20 11:56 AM
12/10/09
dhughes -

They are still promoting it directly on their main splash page.  Seems like they are willing to die on that hill.

Those are targeted to your preferences by the algorithm. Juuuuuust sayin

9/16/20 11:56 AM
12/10/09
baj54 -
Stu Cazzo -
baj54 -

Chomo is another word for a MAP (minor attracted person)

9/16/20 12:03 PM
9/23/07

Chomo = Short Eyes

9/16/20 12:21 PM
3/17/03
GarlicSauce - 

OP needs better sources.

This is a troll, right?

This has nothing to do with their stock market standing.

You realize Netflix doesn't release their analytics, right?
Cuties could be #2,000 for the week. We don't know.
I imagine it actually is in the top-10 though since everyone and their momma is writing a blog about this stupid shit.
9/16/20 12:22 PM
2/19/06

9 billion? It's at the same price it was a month ago. I have seen a lot of friends on Facebook saying they are cancelling though.

9/16/20 12:31 PM
2/22/13
GarlicSauce -

OP needs better sources.

You jerked to it didn’t you?  Piece of shit.

9/16/20 12:45 PM
1/1/01

Netflix sucks but it’s not going anywhere soon.

9/16/20 12:57 PM
8/20/15
Wiggy -
JoeVIP  - 

Coincidentally, they use that as their defense. They say to bring awareness. We can bring awareness if the media would treat the trafficking rings that have been busted like the huge news story it should be. Instead of pushing riots, race, and other bullshit 

Edited: 9/16/20 3:15 PM
1/1/01
RhinoHog -
JoeVIP  - 
Wiggy -
JoeVIP  - 

Does the reality show have gratuitous crotch shots ? And simulated sex moves ?

I didn't watch either, but that's what people who did are saying they are disguted by. That and the marketing of it by Netflix.

I Have no idea if either do because I have no interest in watching either show. And if they do then that isn't okay. I believe they could have got the message across without anything like that. I watched a review by two guys I believe are pretty conservative and they said it was nowhere near as bad as people think. They said there were a few uncomfortable scenes. The picture scene and the last scene where the girls get booed off stage for dancing like Cardi B were the two they referenced. 

Honestly I think Netflix wanted the outrage. Drew so many eyes to the movie. 

9/16/20 3:40 PM
2/25/09

Relevant

9/16/20 3:53 PM
1/1/01
JoeVIP  - 
BringBackHeadbutts -

JoeVIP  - 

Although it's just a meme or satire headline, it actually made me re-think my position.  I'm referring to this-

https://babylonbee.com/news/new-netflix-movie-actually-murders-puppies-to-teach-that-murdering-puppies-is-bad/?utm_content=buffer13cbb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I Completely understand the point this meme is trying to make. I get it. I haven't seen the movie so I don't know how bad it is. I don't know how many scenes the movie has that are like the trailer.

I just don't understand how there is no outrage over other shows that are the same or worse than this.

I also get the point of the meme, but the huge difference here is that there are no shows currently about puppy murder and everyone knows it's wrong.

We've got entire industries around the insane world of child-beauty pageants and more than ten years of horrific made-for-TV child abuse known as "Toddlers and Tiaras" as well as programs you mentioned like "Dance Moms". 

Apparently there are tens of millions of people who were unaware that sexualizing children and putting them in skimpy outfits was wrong, and even more than that who knew it was wrong but not bad enough to put a stop to. 

What's weird about this whole thing is that apparently people DID need to be told that children shouldn't be doing overtly sexual things for the entertainment of adults, but the *first* movie/show to get called on it was the one actually criticizing the practice and spent very little actual screen time on that topic.

Jesus - *Toddlers* and Tiaras had a fucking spin off show for fucks sake. 

9/16/20 3:54 PM
12/8/12
BringBackHeadbutts -

1st, in case you missed it, I did a 180 on my "canceling Netflix is dumb af" thread.  

I already realized before watching this video that canceling netflix isn't a bad thing. 

That's the Minister I know! Good job