OtherGround Forums New Common Sense (Dan Carlin)

9/21/20 12:56 AM
1/1/01

New episode out - #320, Steering Into the Iceberg.

For those not familiar with it, it's a political podcast by the same guy who does Hardcore History. He tries to avoid partisanship and looks for systemic issues. I haven't listened to this episode yet, though. 

9/21/20 1:14 AM
9/30/08

Nice, I wish he would go back to the common sense shows. Its nice to hear someone not taking sides, the world needs more of that.

9/21/20 2:00 AM
1/24/17

Dan is The Man

9/21/20 12:04 PM
1/24/17

I listened and he hits the nail on the head. Need more like him.

9/21/20 12:24 PM
1/1/01

Getting ready to sit down and listen to it myself...

9/21/20 12:30 PM
1/1/01

That said, he's real here about how fucking off Trump is

9/21/20 12:38 PM
12/29/03
Listening now. Dan really frustrates me due to how long it takes him to make content. No reason he cant be more consistent with his episodes. Especially hard core history. Theres no reason it should take close to a year for one episode.
9/21/20 12:39 PM
3/21/12
Rusty_Shackleford - 

Nice, I wish he would go back to the common sense shows. Its nice to hear someone not taking sides, the world needs more of that.

He clearly took a side on the show.
9/21/20 12:54 PM
9/22/09

I've only listened to the first ten or fifteen minutes but I have a feeling this episode isn't going to be popular on the OG

9/21/20 1:00 PM
8/7/12

Some people should stick to what they are good at. Stop trying to test the waters. Specially when they have a hard enough time staying on track with production of whatever it is they are good at....

9/21/20 1:11 PM
9/5/11
ActiveMeasures - Listening now. Dan really frustrates me due to how long it takes him to make content. No reason he cant be more consistent with his episodes. Especially hard core history. Theres no reason it should take close to a year for one episode.

Listen to this guy.

No reason? Perhaps it’s not his full-time job, making hardcore history podcasts for you. But wait, you said no reason so I should stop listing possible reasons right this second! 

9/21/20 1:18 PM
12/29/03
Malvert the Janitor - 
ActiveMeasures - Listening now. Dan really frustrates me due to how long it takes him to make content. No reason he cant be more consistent with his episodes. Especially hard core history. Theres no reason it should take close to a year for one episode.

Listen to this guy.

No reason? Perhaps it’s not his full-time job, making hardcore history podcasts for you. But wait, you said no reason so I should stop listing possible reasons right this second! 

Podcasting is his job.
9/21/20 1:20 PM
9/5/11
ActiveMeasures -
Malvert the Janitor - 

Listen to this guy.

Podcasting is his job.

Says you 

9/21/20 1:24 PM
7/8/02
Malvert the Janitor -

Listen to this guy.

Ya. No kidding.

I bet there is a reason he doesn’t release more frequently. 

This is where we are now. People bitching about something they get free.

9/21/20 1:25 PM
1/1/01
I liked him better as a comedian.
9/21/20 1:39 PM
3/12/14
MrColdCock -
Malvert the Janitor -

Listen to this guy.

Ya. No kidding.

I bet there is a reason he doesn’t release more frequently. 

This is where we are now. People bitching about something they get free.

I like how spaced out they are. Its always a bonus to refresh and see a new one pop up. Its like finding a $20 in your pocket.

9/21/20 2:20 PM
4/3/20
if you've listened to common sense over the years, it is amazing for dan carlin to be advocating for things to go back to the way they were because that was so much better. for dan carlin to be saying that is going to vote for joe biden. the whole theme of the show (pre-trump) was how the political establishment needed to be upended.
Edited: 9/21/20 3:26 PM
1/1/01
VirusHoax - if you've listened to common sense over the years, it is amazing for dan carlin to be advocating for things to go back to the way they were because that was so much better. for dan carlin to be saying that is going to vote for joe biden. the whole theme of the show (pre-trump) was how the political establishment needed to be upended.

I got derailed at lunch so I haven’t had an opportunity to listen to the show yet... That said, I don’t think it’s quite the surprise you see it as. Back in 2016 Carlin said that Trump wasn’t what he wanted or meant, so to see him vote for Biden (if that is what he said) isn’t quite the shock you seem to see it as. Still, as insane as the Left has gone, I would argue that many moderates like Carlin who are voting Biden over Trump are doing so out of fear of what the Left will do and what will become of the country due to their actions if Trump wins. While I can understand that reaction I disagree with it and cannot respect it. I simply see the Left as far more of a danger to the future and the country than Trump.

9/21/20 3:22 PM
1/1/01

Nice thanks...his HH ones are too long these days for my short attention span

9/21/20 5:34 PM
10/16/08

That was dammed good. Hard to argue against any of the points he raises. The bottom line is that common sense and levelheaded thought is really lacking on both sides. 

the OG seems to be a microcosm of this. 

9/21/20 6:22 PM
12/2/09

He wrote a book this year based on a large number of fan requests. He discusses in in one of his super nova in the east podcasts

9/21/20 6:26 PM
6/5/05

I thought he mentioned once that he reads like 20 books for those longer pod series. It would take a ton of time to read that much while note taking then organizing all of your intro and laying out those super long multipart pods. 

9/21/20 6:27 PM
6/5/05

*info

9/21/20 7:13 PM
1/24/17
StutheJu -

That was dammed good. Hard to argue against any of the points he raises. The bottom line is that common sense and levelheaded thought is really lacking on both sides. 

the OG seems to be a microcosm of this. 

100%.

Well said

9/22/20 2:25 AM
9/23/07
Candide -

I've only listened to the first ten or fifteen minutes but I have a feeling this episode isn't going to be popular on the OG

Lol, you ain’t kidding.

I turned it off around that time, after he said you’d have to invent a conspiracy to believe that Biden has dimentia and the DNC will pretty much run his office. 

That was after his Orange Man Bad rant, where he neglected to even talk about why Trump might say such a thing. He didn’t mention mail in votes being counted after the election, or the already validated worries about voter fraud in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, West Virginia, Illinois, and California. Those are just from 2020.

Not to mention that Hillary and Podesta have said that Biden should not concede the election, no matter what. 

Dan has TDS. Sad!