OtherGround Forums New Retro gaming handheld

11 days ago
4/24/07
So one of my hobbies is retro gaming. Up until recently I have been using a jailbroken PSP to do all my old school gaming on. You could even play some N64 games on it but the problem is that a brand new one still goes for $300. I know there are a few others that share this hobby of mine so I thought I would tell you guys about this.

They just came out with the RK2020. This plays all the way up to Dreamcast/NDS/NAOMI(Dreamcast hardware in the arcades). Thought it was a great deal too. They're going for as low as $80. Depending where you get it from they do come packed with games. The one I saw that had a 128gb card was offering 15,000 games sold with it. This is obviously illegal but it comes from China where they don't care.

Here's a review on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80XkLgtO02w
11 days ago
1/1/01

11 days ago
11/28/09

Those things are always dog shit.

11 days ago
8/7/07

I just wanna find a switch that is in stock thats not marked up by resellers by 200 bucks lol

11 days ago
12/29/09

in

10 days ago
4/24/07
BonedByPicograms* - 

Those things are always dog shit.

Not this one my friend. I wouldn't be posting about it if it was another dog shit one. I have probably like 7-8 different Chinese handhelds and this one is easily the best of them. It easily makes my PSP which I thought was loaded look like a cheap toy. You can just plop a 500gb card into it and put the whole Dreamcast, PSP and N64 libraries on their and still have room.
10 days ago
4/24/07
NiteProwleR - 

This guy didn't tweak any of the settings. Sonic Adventure 2 seems flawless to me.
10 days ago
1/1/01

Where can I get one?

10 days ago
12/14/00

I got one off Amazon recently for $30 that looks like a red Game Boy. I was a little apprehensive getting one directly from those Chinese sites, so finding one on Amazon was ideal. This only has 400 NES games on it though.

10 days ago
12/28/12
PatK -

Where can I get one?

Gamestop, ask for Matt

10 days ago
2/16/04

In

10 days ago
2/4/07

How does this stack up against the Soulja Boy?

10 days ago
4/24/07
PatK - 

Where can I get one?

You can get it from a couple places. The home site for the device is
https://rkconsole.com/. Only problem is it ships from china

If you want a bit more security you can get them from Aliexpress or even Amazon. I recommend Aliexpress as all the other places are going to ship from China. There are a few people on Aliexpress shipping from the US which will take 2-4 weeks less time.

The price will vary depending on what extras they try to throw in. Some are like $120 but they give you a carrying bag plus a 128gb card
10 days ago
4/24/07
QTyp - 

I got one off Amazon recently for $30 that looks like a red Game Boy. I was a little apprehensive getting one directly from those Chinese sites, so finding one on Amazon was ideal. This only has 400 NES games on it though.

Yeah you really have to do some research on some of them because some just aren't worth the money. $30 doesnt seem too bad but there are some out there that are twice that amount for the same amount of games
10 days ago
4/24/07
HokutoShinken - 

How does this stack up against the Soulja Boy?

Easily 20x better. His only played as far as SNES\Mega drive
10 days ago
1/2/15

Do you enjoy craft beer and have a twirly mustache too, ya queef?    

:)

10 days ago
1/14/07
evh - 
PatK -

Where can I get one?

Gamestop, ask for Matt

A winner is you.

10 days ago
8/7/12

As a former employee of a very large console producer. I hope anyone selling retro game systems and profiting from them catch the bad aids. 

Edited: 10 days ago
6/14/19

I had a phone a few years back I ordered from China and it was perfect.

Ireadygo Much G2.

It eventually died and would be older spec now but it was my favorite device for retro gameplay.

Since you seem to be up to speed on that scene is there any places that sell a similar build phone?

10 days ago
10/3/16
baj54 -

As a former employee of a very large console producer. I hope anyone selling retro game systems and profiting from them catch the bad aids. 

Fuck that. Video game companies are souless entities. Nintendo has sat on a fat library of old stuff they never bother to put out again. Their loss.

10 days ago
4/24/07
baj54 - 

Thats sort of unfair to say. I can understand if the game companies are still selling and are able to profit from sales of these games. However most of these games however haven't actually been sold for decades and the game companies can no longer profit from them as they're no longer produced. It's not like your taking money from these companies
10 days ago
4/24/07
Richardjohnson81 - 

I had a phone a few years back I ordered from China and it was perfect.

Ireadygo Much G2.

It eventually died and would be older spec now but it was my favorite device for retro gameplay.

Since you seem to be up to speed on that scene is there any places that sell a similar build phone?

You can probably get one from AliExpress. I don't know if they will have that exact one but I know they carry the Moqi I7 & I7S. Those 2 phones are absolute beasts when it comes to playing old games. The Moqi can even run the Dolphin emulator which is Gamecube/Wii.
10 days ago
5/5/13

In

10 days ago
2/4/07
MarcusAurelioFan -
baj54 -

Fuck that. Video game companies are souless entities. Nintendo has sat on a fat library of old stuff they never bother to put out again. Their loss.

This is my gripe with all this. SNK recently put out the Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro which includes 20 built in Japanase AES games and 20 hidden games they decided to milk for all they were worth by only releasing the unlock keys for 2 per month. There has been talk that you’d be able to purchase additional games in the future, but no news from SNK outside of the release of a Christmas version that would include MVS versions of games. In the meantime a hack has been released for it that gives you access to virtually the entire Neo Geo AES/MVS library in all regions. I’m someone who would have payed, but fuck waiting for SNK to give us access to 20+ year old games they seem more eager to abandon.

10 days ago
4/24/07
HokutoShinken -
MarcusAurelioFan -
baj54 -

This is my gripe with all this. SNK recently put out the Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro which includes 20 built in Japanase AES games and 20 hidden games they decided to milk for all they were worth by only releasing the unlock keys for 2 per month. There has been talk that you’d be able to purchase additional games in the future, but no news from SNK outside of the release of a Christmas version that would include MVS versions of games. In the meantime a hack has been released for it that gives you access to virtually the entire Neo Geo AES/MVS library in all regions. I’m someone who would have payed, but fuck waiting for SNK to give us access to 20+ year old games they seem more eager to abandon.

Between the re-releases and the retro game packs they used to release on every system I've probably bought those games 3-4 times already legally.. Not to mention I've bought all the mini systems and I still support these companies. I just want to play what I want where I want. I'm not going to lug a NES to the doctors office to play while I wait.