OtherGround Forums New Virginia Bill Makes All FireTransfers Illegal

24 days ago
1/16/20

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?201+ful+HB2H1

This is a substitute bill that would make all firearm transfers without a background check illegal.  This includes renting a firearm from a range and or lending a firearm to someone at the range.

A transfer without a background check would be a felony 

24 days ago
4/27/05

People been saying it's a litmus test. Bloomberg's $ 

24 days ago
6/13/03

Death by a thousand cuts. Only the SCOTUS can save the 2A

24 days ago
1/1/01

it's odd that this includes at shooting range. It's not like you are allowed to take the gun off site. I would like to hear the logic of this thought.

I'm not a gun person and cant grasp this idea.

24 days ago
1/9/02

fuck bloomberg

24 days ago
7/4/08

Every gun law is unconstitutional. This should be  the foundation of every discussion about government eroding the 2A.

24 days ago
1/1/01
AVClub -

Every gun law is unconstitutional. This should be  the foundation of every discussion about government eroding the 2A.

Yup.  I never envisioned myself as a "not one inch" gun nut, but watching the attacks on 2A have turned me into one.

24 days ago
4/22/03

24 days ago
3/8/17

These cases have to be decided fast while scotus is still republican and can declare it unconstitutional 

24 days ago
3/15/06
AmericanGunNut - 

This is a substitute bill that would make all firearm transfers without a background check illegal.  This includes renting a firearm from a range and or lending a firearm to someone at the range.

The proposed laws are atrocious and I've been struggling to keep up with them. Not to disagree with your post but isn't loaning a gun at a range and immediate family transfers excluded?

B. Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection A and unless otherwise prohibited by state or federal law, a person may transfer a firearm to another person if:

1. The transfer is a bona fide gift made by or to a member of a transferor's immediate family as defined in § 6.2-1300;

10. The transfer occurs at a shooting range, shooting gallery, or other area designed for the purpose of target shooting, for use during target practice, a firearms safety or training course or class, a shooting competition, or any similar lawful activity.
24 days ago
12/17/06

This is tyranny.

Take this shit to the SCOTUS. 

24 days ago
2/4/07

GUYS, NO ONE IS TRYING TO TAKE YOUR GUNS.  

-"moderates"

23 days ago
12/31/19

"Welcome to the shit show".  California 

23 days ago
7/31/09
Sandy Pantz -

-"moderates"

Moderates know and understand what's going on. The problem is the severe lack of moderates.

23 days ago
12/1/05
AVClub - 

It usually is. But when 51% of the population doesn't give a shit about the Constitution it makes the argument difficult.

23 days ago
6/27/02

I'm gonna set up a gun speakeasy in Virginia and make bank!

23 days ago
12/1/05
Dajuisher - 

LOL.   Yes!  and it sucks.

I don't think the founding father's vision of governement was that when a particular party gets full power they immediately radically transform the state they're governing based on whatever they think is a good idea at the moment.  

Isn't that the definition of tyranny?

Edited: 23 days ago
9/24/07
Dajuisher -

So much this. 

Everyone had a laugh at the shit they did to us here, because "fuck california", until they came for their guns and their rights. We should have been a cautionary tale, instead twats like bloomberg saw us as the blueprint. 

22 days ago
2/4/07
Kings21 -
Sandy Pantz -

-"moderates"

Moderates know and understand what's going on. The problem is the severe lack of moderates.

Moderates compromise our rights away.  

22 days ago
1/1/01

Subbed for later 

22 days ago
12/1/05
LieDetector - 
OnCall -
AmericanGunNut - 

The proposed laws are atrocious and I've been struggling to keep up with them. Not to disagree with your post but isn't loaning a gun at a range and immediate family transfers excluded?

B. Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection A and unless otherwise prohibited by state or federal law, a person may transfer a firearm to another person if:

1. The transfer is a bona fide gift made by or to a member of a transferor's immediate family as defined in § 6.2-1300;

10. The transfer occurs at a shooting range, shooting gallery, or other area designed for the purpose of target shooting, for use during target practice, a firearms safety or training course or class, a shooting competition, or any similar lawful activity.

EVERYONE PLEASE IGNORE THIS PERSON WHO ACTUALLY DID RESEARCH ON THE BILL!

For once I actually agree with you.  

I'm not hapy about any of these bills and what these a-holes are trying to do in Va. but I do wish the OP would read these thngs and be a little less dramatic with some of his posts. The facts are bad enough.

22 days ago
12/31/19

I feel like princess Leah...."Help us Virginia, you're our only hope..."

22 days ago
1/16/20
OnCall -
AmericanGunNut - 

There is an amendment to remove that section

Edited: 22 days ago
12/1/05

Oh, why didn't you say that?  So it is as bad as we thought.   

22 days ago
3/15/06

Thanks for the info AmericanGunNut. I've spent a decent amount of time trying to read through, and keep up with, the proposed legislation. It's madness.