OtherGround Forums New York Times deleted 9-11 tweet

9 days ago
7/18/11

9 days ago
7/18/11

“Some airplanes did something”

9 days ago
12/2/05
The updated tweet to promote the story said, "18 years after nearly 3,000 people were lost, families of those killed in the terror attacks will gather at the 9/11 memorial. There will be a moment of silence at 8:46 a.m., then the names of the dead -- one by one -- will be recited."

The story, by James Barron, was also changed to note that "terrorists commandeered" the airplanes that brought down the World Trade Center.
9 days ago
7/18/11
Fake Pie - The updated tweet to promote the story said, "18 years after nearly 3,000 people were lost, families of those killed in the terror attacks will gather at the 9/11 memorial. There will be a moment of silence at 8:46 a.m., then the names of the dead -- one by one -- will be recited."

The story, by James Barron, was also changed to note that "terrorists commandeered" the airplanes that brought down the World Trade Center.

At least outrage works both ways sometimes. 

9 days ago
1/25/04

The NYT doesn't know what to do anymore. Do they tell the truth or pander to the radical left?

9 days ago
7/18/11

“Over 2000”

yeah, that’s technically true...but how the fuck do you round down by that much if it’s not intentional?

9 days ago
7/31/15

Why can't Muslims own 9/11 like Germany owns the Nazis?

Maybe I'm talking out of my ass.  I'm probably talking out of my ass

Edited: 9 days ago
4/29/09

fuck The NY Times 

They should have appropriately said that almost 3000 people were murdered by Muslim extremists on that day because that’s exactly what happened.    A lot of us remember the almost complete lack of Muslim outcry too, so that stays with me.

9 days ago
2/2/12

They deleted a tweet from a couple of days ago downplaying Mao Zedongs killing of 45 million people. Called him one of histories great revoluitionary figures.

9 days ago
10/1/16
EggOfGreed - 

Why can't the US own Saudi Arabia like we owned Nazi Germany?

The Saudis are the world's largest state-sponsor of terrorism, arming and funding ISIS, the Taliban, and al Qaeda.

Let's roll.
9 days ago
4/6/12
CloudStrife -

They deleted a tweet from a couple of days ago downplaying Mao Zedongs killing of 45 million people. Called him one of histories great revoluitionary figures.

They need to fire whomever's operating that Twitter account

9 days ago
4/17/17
fucking airplanes...
9 days ago
6/7/08

I hope airplanes and assault rifles don't team up against us. That would be terrifying! 

9 days ago
2/20/09
Flavorful -
EggOfGreed - 

Why can't the US own Saudi Arabia like we owned Nazi Germany?

The Saudis are the world's largest state-sponsor of terrorism, arming and funding ISIS, the Taliban, and al Qaeda.

Let's roll.

While I get the spirit of what you’re saying, it’s more complicated than that.

Well.  I mean.  Sorta.

Oil.  They have a fuckton of it and will be treated with kidd gloves as long as they do.  You could also make the argument about allies in the region, blah, blah.

I’m merely pointing out that it’s not the exact same situation.

9 days ago
1/1/01
Jack Carter - 

The NYT doesn't know what to do anymore. Do they tell the truth or pander to the radical left?

This.
Sad what it's become.

Enemy of the People, indeed.
9 days ago
2/24/07

even though the tweet was rightfully deleted, people are still complaining about it lol

9 days ago
3/6/06
Chomas - 

fuck The NY Times 

They should have appropriately said that almost 3000 people were murdered by Muslim extremists on that day because that’s exactly what happened.    A lot of us remember the almost complete lack of Muslim outcry too, so that stays with me.

" A lot of us remember the almost complete lack of Muslim outcry too, so that stays with me."

Actually nobody remembers that because it isn't true.
9 days ago
4/19/09
Pura Vida -
Chomas - 

fuck The NY Times 

" A lot of us remember the almost complete lack of Muslim outcry too, so that stays with me."

Yes, it is true. You greasy fucking shitholer. 

9 days ago
4/29/09
Pura Vida -
Chomas - 

fuck The NY Times 

It’s absolutely true , and many were caught on camera celebrating.

9 days ago
1/1/01
Chomas - 
Pura Vida -
Chomas - 

fuck The NY Times 

It’s absolutely true , and many were caught on camera celebrating.

Can you post these videos
9 days ago
1/1/01
Luke Rockhard - 
Pura Vida -
Chomas - 

fuck The NY Times 

Classy response
Edited: 9 days ago
6/13/07
Edit, this site sucks.
8 days ago
12/14/15
EggOfGreed -

Because it’s the religion of peace and everyone else is to blame, not loving, caring Islam. It would be a mass injustice to suggest Muslims are to blame. 

8 days ago
12/14/15
Josh -
Luke Rockhard - 
Pura Vida -
Chomas - 

fuck The NY Times 

Classy response

You want others to do your research for you. Lol. Are you disabled? Blind? Uneducated? 

8 days ago
3/6/06
Bigtrain2681 - 
Josh -
Luke Rockhard - 
Pura Vida -
Chomas - 

fuck The NY Times 

Classy response

You want others to do your research for you. Lol. Are you disabled? Blind? Uneducated? 

Did you quote the wrong post? He didn't ask anyone to do any research, he just responded to Luke lying and shitting on the legacies of thousands of Americans.