OtherGround Forums New navy laser goes pew pew pew!!

11 days ago
10/13/02

Pew to Poiu Poiu. 

11 days ago
6/30/07
David@accu -

Techincally couldn't it sink a ship too? If you keep firing that thing in the same spot on at the hull of a ship won't it eventually destroy it? If its going through a plane then we are just talking about a matter of time not energy. They are essentially made out of the same type of things. 

Would be hard to keep flat and level let my enough of think. Moving weapon platform and moving target, hard to line up and stay on target, no?

11 days ago
10/13/05
i was a little disappointed, i was expecting it to be a star wars type laser pulse, not a continuous laser beam. its like a glorified magnifying glass concentrating the suns beam on an ant
11 days ago
3/13/18
Mountain Medic -
David@accu -

Techincally couldn't it sink a ship too? If you keep firing that thing in the same spot on at the hull of a ship won't it eventually destroy it? If its going through a plane then we are just talking about a matter of time not energy. They are essentially made out of the same type of things. 

Would be hard to keep flat and level let my enough of think. Moving weapon platform and moving target, hard to line up and stay on target, no?

A boat on water is also a huge heat sink. Probably a different temp req 

10 days ago
1/1/01

Can't wait for Crimson Trace to make a civilian version

10 days ago
6/26/06
Vindell - 

Largest Navy in the world, Largest air force in the world ( yes more aircrafts then the air force), one of the two tier 1 operators in America with devgru, floating nuke launchers,  floating hostpitals, construction crews with seabees, ect, ect. Plus now lasers and rail guns.

I love the Navy. Most deadly branch by far.

Without the infantry and marines you guys are tin can sitting ducks. You're still a branch consisting primarily of remfs, never forget that. Semper Fi.
10 days ago
4/22/09

10 days ago
3/17/14

Yes. One step closer to having Gundams!!!

ZEON DID NOTHING WRONG! THEY ONLY WANTED THEIR INDEPENDENCE!!!

10 days ago
1/1/01
stanky leg -

I wonder what the range is............

40 watt

10 days ago
5/8/11
Rainman1 -
Vindell -

Largest Navy in the world, Largest air force in the world ( yes more aircrafts then the air force), one of the two tier 1 operators in America with devgru, floating nuke launchers,  floating hostpitals, construction crews with seabees, ect, ect. Plus now lasers and rail guns.

Wrong on the aircraft. Air Force is number one with aircraft, followed by the Army. Navy combined with USMC comes in third. In terms of deadliest, I never knew the Navy to drop nukes and end world wars.

was it the air force or army air corp that ended the war?

Edited: 10 days ago
4/25/13
RenatoCocopreta -
Vindell - 

Without the infantry and marines you guys are tin can sitting ducks. You're still a branch consisting primarily of remfs, never forget that. Semper Fi.

With comments like this is it any wonder the marines require the lowest asvab score and need an extra month for basic training. You can't even get anywhere by yourselves. You need the Navy to drive you everywhere like daddy driving the little kids to the mall. Can't even figure out how to use a band aid by yourselves so the Navy has to send navy corpsman along. Hell your checks even come from the dept of the Navy because too many numbers hurt your marine brains. The marines are like the annoying little brother that can't do anything by themselves so the Navy has to keep stopping to help.

10 days ago
2/8/18
fnunderful -
Rainman1 -
Vindell -

Wrong on the aircraft. Air Force is number one with aircraft, followed by the Army. Navy combined with USMC comes in third. In terms of deadliest, I never knew the Navy to drop nukes and end world wars.

was it the air force or army air corp that ended the war?

Neither, USAAF.

10 days ago
7/15/04