OtherGround Forums No Charges for McCabe

6 days ago
7/22/15

Trump will be fuming today.

This will piss his base off, sorry there will be no MAGA party today.

Can't wait for Trump's Tweets on this. 

6 days ago
12/5/17

It's entirely possible that the reason they aren't pursuing the charges is because Trump couldn't keep his fucking mouth shut and avoid tainting the case.

6 days ago
8/1/13
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

It's entirely possible that the reason they aren't pursuing the charges is because Trump couldn't keep his fucking mouth shut and avoid tainting the case.

Or it could be there is a huge double standard. 

Those who support Trump get the book thrown at them.

Those who hate Trump get a free pass.

This is the most likely scenario, since its gone on for the last 3 years.

Edited: 6 days ago
12/5/17
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

I'm certain his defense lawyers were happy to see Trump help develop a potential retribution case for them every time he tweeted though. 

Your sample size is pretty small. Who else has actually been under investigation or received a criminal referral, 'hated Trump', and got off? Right-wing conspiracies don't count. Greg Craig? Tony Podesta?

6 days ago
8/1/13
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

I'm certain his defense lawyers were happy to see Trump help develop a potential retribution case for them every time he tweeted though. 

Your sample size is pretty small. Who else has actually been under investigation or received a criminal referral, 'hated Trump', and got off? Right-wing conspiracies don't count. Greg Craig? Tony Podesta?

Comey

Strzok

Orr(both)

Baker

Should I go on???

6 days ago
1/25/04

They're all protected. They'll give a slap on the wrist to some underlings, but the deep state top brass are untouchable. Always have been, always will be. 

Edited: 6 days ago
12/5/17
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

Comey

Strzok

Orr(both)

Baker

Should I go on???

No, you shouldn't. I said right-wing conspiracies don't count. McCabe was referred by DOJ IG Horowitz for potentially breaking the law. Everyone else on your list is fodder for Trumpist talking-heads. The same DOJ IG extensively reviewed conduct involving Comey, Strzok, Orr, and Baker and made no such criminal referrals. 

I doubt you could even speculate on what charges they might be guilty of. Trump's twitter feed will not properly prepare you for understanding how the U.S. justice syste works.

6 days ago
7/13/17

Its always a MAGA party, libtards are pretty  consistent in providing comedic material.  

6 days ago
8/1/13
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

Comey

Strzok

Orr(both)

Baker

Should I go on???

No, you shouldn't. I said right-wing conspiracies don't count. McCabe was referred by DOJ IG Horowitz for potentially breaking the law. Everyone else on your list is fodder for Trumpist talking-heads. The same DOJ IG extensively reviewed conduct involving Comey, Strzok, Orr, and Baker and made no such criminal referrals. 

I doubt you could even speculate on what charges they might be guilty of. Trump's twitter feed will not properly prepare you for understanding how the U.S. justice syste works.

6 days ago
3/1/10
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

Comey

Strzok

Orr(both)

Baker

Should I go on???

Tony Podesta objectively and unequivocally broke the law, and he had to step away from his own foreign lobbying firm because of it.

There is no reason why he should not have been prosecuted.

It's interesting that the same autistis who screech about FARA violations for Rudy, Manafort, etc. are silent about Podesta.

For McCabe, he lied 4 separate times, and at least 2 of them were pretty rock solid. His lies warranted a firing recommendation, which he then claimed was political retaliation.

Avenatti and Swetnick (along with two other people for separate false allegations) were all referred to the DOJ by the Senate Judiciary Committee for their role in the Kavanaugh hoax, and Swetnick's public comments directly contradict her sworn statement.

That was over a year ago. DOJ hasn't moved on that case at all to the point where Chairman Grassley had to ask what was up.

So yeah, it's fair game for people to think the Stone sentencing is bullshit when you have people like Julie Swetnick not even being indicted.

6 days ago
12/5/17
VTCO -
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

Comey

Strzok

Orr(both)

Baker

Should I go on???

Tony Podesta objectively and unequivocally broke the law, and he had to step away from his own foreign lobbying firm because of it.

There is no reason why he should not have been prosecuted.

It's interesting that the same autistis who screech about FARA violations for Rudy, Manafort, etc. are silent about Podesta.

For McCabe, he lied 4 separate times, and at least 2 of them were pretty rock solid. His lies warranted a firing recommendation, which he then claimed was political retaliation.

Avenatti and Swetnick (along with two other people for separate false allegations) were all referred to the DOJ by the Senate Judiciary Committee for their role in the Kavanaugh hoax, and Swetnick's public comments directly contradict her sworn statement.

That was over a year ago. DOJ hasn't moved on that case at all to the point where Chairman Grassley had to ask what was up.

So yeah, it's fair game for people to think the Stone sentencing is bullshit when you have people like Julie Swetnick not even being indicted.

There were three foreign lobbyists caught up with Manafort's Ukraine scheme: Tony Podesta, Greg Craig, and Vin Weber.

Greg Craig, from the Obama admin., was charged and took it to trial, where he beat the case. Vin Weber, a high-level Republican, was not charged. Tony Podesta, a high-level Democrat, was also not charged. Unsuprisingly, both Weber and Podesta co-operated and they nabbed the big fish (Manafort).

6 days ago
12/5/17
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

Comey

Strzok

Orr(both)

Baker

Should I go on???

Stone was charged with falsifying information, obstructing an investigstion, and tampering with a witness. 

Trump's own DOJ, under Bill Barr, declined to charge McCabe. 

Do you guys have any serious arguments to make here? Maybe try Andrew McCarthy instead of the known propagandist Jack Pro...

6 days ago
9/13/08
Jack Carter - 

They're all protected. They'll give a slap on the wrist to some underlings, but the deep state top brass are untouchable. Always have been, always will be. 

Well, I agree to an extent. He was fired, so at least he's no longer part of the apparatus.....

Still, he admitted to lying under questioning. Isn't that what they charged and convicted Micheal Flynn and Roger Stone of doing?
6 days ago
3/1/10
Billco -
Jack Carter - 

Well, I agree to an extent. He was fired, so at least he's no longer part of the apparatus.....

Still, he admitted to lying under questioning. Isn't that what they charged and convicted Micheal Flynn and Roger Stone of doing?

He's already suing to get his job back so he can ride out the clock and collect his full pension.

While his firing recommendation is unrelated to the DOJ investigation, he will claim that being shitcanned was political retaliation.

6 days ago
8/22/08

Who gives a fuck. Trump is still his President.

6 days ago
1/12/07

6 days ago
12/17/06

I'm part of Trump's 30 million + base in the small business sector.

This bothers me exactly none.

My taxes are still the lowest they've ever been. The market is kicking ass despite the corona fears. And we've still got over 180 federal judges to ensure that leftists cannot enact unconstitutional laws. And my brother hasn't been deployed to combat once since Trump was elected.

I'm good until any of the above changes.

6 days ago
1/1/01

Lol @  no MAGA party today!

Haven't you been paying attention?  It's a MAGA party every day, son.

Every. Day.

6 days ago
2/4/09

If anyone has time to dig

6 days ago
2/4/09

Any chance jessie liu is found in those documents?....

6 days ago
12/5/17
camicom -
Pumpkin Spice Lazarus -

Judge Reggie Walton told the McCabe prosecutors: "The public is listening... I don't think people like the fact that you got somebody at the top basically trying to dictate whether somebody should be prosecuted ... I just think it's a banana republic when we go down that road."

----------

Yeah. Trump taints these cases. & he's tainting the Durham work too. It's going to be hard to convict people if any charges come out of it and they get to court.

6 days ago
12/5/17

Which, you know, is typically why presidents *shut the fuck up about criminal cases*. His Twitter propaganda works for his base. Lots of political reasons to do what he does... but it makes real work outside of politics and in the realm of law difficult.

6 days ago
2/4/09

^good point. I wonder if that's why trump has been not as vocal against clapper and brennan. 

I might have missed them but I dont feel like he targets them much. 

Kinda why I feel him tweeting about Comey is a smokescreen. 

Comey has been a target of many many tweets

6 days ago
12/17/06
NoNeed4aScreenName - 

Any chance jessie liu is found in those documents?....

Ahem...

It's spelled JUSSIE.

:)

6 days ago
2/25/06

It is unfortunate, but I am getting the feeling the Durham probe is going to be a dud...

My partisanship may be affecting my perception, but in DC, it doesn't seem like there is any inclination to prosecute anyone on the Democrat side of the political divide. 

And LOL at the MSM claiming Barr is a Trump stooge. Clearly that is not true.