OtherGround Forums "No Knock" Wrong House. Dead EMT.

21 days ago
3/14/04
Soup and Beer - 

The death penalty should be given to every officer that fired their weapon in that raid.

Can't say I disagree.

21 days ago
5/13/11
White347LX -

"Walker, 27, has been charged with attempted murder of a police officer and first-degree assault,"

Id fucking LOVE to be on that jury.

No shit! I hope he is preparing his own lawsuit for when this is over. 

Sadly since no bodycams, I fear this will come down to a LE said, she said (TM LnPninja 2020) if the officers stick to their claims that they knocked and announced. We know how jurys lean when its a cops word vs a witness. Sadly. 

21 days ago
5/13/11
angryinch -
Soup and Beer - 

The death penalty should be given to every officer that fired their weapon in that raid.

Can't say I disagree.

If there was one thing everyone on this forum already knew...

21 days ago
11/16/17
White347LX -

"Walker, 27, has been charged with attempted murder of a police officer and first-degree assault,"

Id fucking LOVE to be on that jury.

Yup.

He walks 

21 days ago
1/1/01
You'd think this would be the big story instead of the "jogger".
21 days ago
5/13/11

https://www.courier-journal.com/picture-gallery/news/local/2020/05/14/breonna-taylor-shooting-photos-louisville-apartment/5191873002/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=amp&utm_campaign=gallery

That link has crime scene photos (no gore or even blood). 

The neighboring residence (with a 5yo inside) got hit with at least 5 shots. 

21 days ago
6/30/07
Altofsky -

I'll say the same thing I did on the other thread...

No knocks are fucking ridiculous. Every American has a right to defend their home.

Its scary, because it's possible.

21 days ago
1/1/01

Body camera footage was not available because the officers involved, all of whom are part of the department’s Criminal Interdiction Division, do not wear cameras, Conrad said.

Of course not. Why would they? Its not like a cop has ever planted evidence, or killed anyone asleep in their beds or nothing

21 days ago
1/1/01

“The officers knocked on the door several times and announced their presence as police who were there with a search warrant,”

I guess we'll have to take their word for it

21 days ago
5/13/11
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

“The officers knocked on the door several times and announced their presence as police who were there with a search warrant,”

What really happened:

"POLICE WE HAVE A WARRANT!!!" as they simultaniously smashed the door in with a ram. 

Then, asleep of course, they are both woken up to a loud crash of the front door, and the legal firearm owner understandably grabs his gun and defends his woman and home. 

21 days ago
1/1/01

I think the fact that the police broke into the wrong home and killed someone is the only thing that matters here.

21 days ago
5/13/11
Charles Barkley -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. -

What really happened:

"POLICE WE HAVE A WARRANT!!!" as they simultaniously smashed the door in with a ram. 

Then, asleep of course, they are both woken up to a loud crash of the front door, and the legal firearm owner understandably grabs his gun and defends his woman and home. 

Yep. And I can guarantee if someone comes crashing through my family’s door at night I’m going to do the same thing this guy did. And then they charge me with attempted murder? Get fucked. 

That’s why I think there is more to this story. 

I'm still going witb wrong address. I don't think their lawyers would make that claim in the lawsuit, if they didn't have proof. 

Also, it has been confirmed that the actual suspect they were after was already taken into custody earlier that day. I dont know exactly what that means, as in was that the suspect on the warrant? Either way that doesn't bode well for the cops. 

21 days ago
6/22/09

Possible they had a no knock for multiple locations but before serving, picked the suspect off.  Reasonable to assume they downgraded to a knock/notice at the EMT's residence.  

Speaking of no knocks, they are rarely used, and when they are - not always followed by running through a structure.  They work well for a breach, hold, then call people out.  Occupants less likely to barricade when ordered out.

21 days ago
11/18/15

this shit is infuriating and shouldn't exist for non violent crimes.

20 days ago
5/13/11
IP -

Possible they had a no knock for multiple locations but before serving, picked the suspect off.  Reasonable to assume they downgraded to a knock/notice at the EMT's residence.  

Speaking of no knocks, they are rarely used, and when they are - not always followed by running through a structure.  They work well for a breach, hold, then call people out.  Occupants less likely to barricade when ordered out.

In this case the evidence obtained by local media shows they blasted the front door with a ram. 

20 days ago
6/22/09
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
IP -

In this case the evidence obtained by local media shows they blasted the front door with a ram. 

Common to knock and announce several times, wait for a response (no response, furtive movement inside), and then use a ram to breech.  Obviously, no need for ram if someone answers.

19 days ago
5/13/11
IP -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
IP -

Common to knock and announce several times, wait for a response (no response, furtive movement inside), and then use a ram to breech.  Obviously, no need for ram if someone answers.

I get that. The lawsuit claims to have a witness that says there was no knocking nor an announcement. 

I wonder what type of warrant it was. 

19 days ago
5/13/11

[

According to the warrant, police had reason to believe drug activity had taken place there months earlier.

Officers requested a "no-knock entry" on the warrant, meaning they would not have to identify themselves as police before entering the residence. But at a press conference the day Taylor died, LMPD said officers had knocked and identified themselves before entering.]

https://www-wlky-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.wlky.com/amp/article/attorney-for-breonna-taylor-releases-statement-about-no-knock-warrant-used-to-access-home/32514685?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15896328086722&amp_ct=1589632813328&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wlky.com%2Farticle%2Fattorney-for-breonna-taylor-releases-statement-about-no-knock-warrant-used-to-access-home%2F32514685

19 days ago
5/13/11

["Today, Louisville postal inspector Tony Gooden asserted that the LMPD did not use his office to verify that a drug suspect delivered packages to Breonna Taylor’s address, which directly contradicts what the police stated in the affidavit to secure a no-knock warrant for the home.

“This revelation validates what we already knew: This young woman was brutally and unjustifiably killed by Louisville police, who supplied false information on the warrant they used to enter her home unannounced. Gooden further stated that ‘no packages of interest were going there.’ We will continue to demand transparency from the Louisville police on behalf of Breonna’s family.”

Mayor Greg Fischer refused to answer questions Friday about whether he has lost confidence in Louisville Metro Police Chief Steve Conrad as tensions rise over the death of Taylor.

The department's Public Integrity Unit has been investigating the incident for the past two months and is expected to complete its report in the next few weeks.

Fischer has asked the FBI, the U.S. Attorney and Kentucky's attorney general to review the investigation.]

18 days ago
6/22/09

In todays day and age, I can't understand why an agency would not make attempts to record all police contacts with potential suspects, especially any type of high risk warrant service.  The tech is certainly available.

14 days ago
5/13/11

FBI now investigating:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-investigating-death-breonna-taylor-killed-police-her-louisville-home-n1212381?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma

14 days ago
1/25/07
Charles Barkley -

FP had a thread on this yesterday. 

This wasn’t a “wrong address” situation. There was a warrant for the house with a no-knock addendum. 

That means a judge read it and agreed the officers had PC to make entry into the home and there were mitigating factors to necessitate the absence of a knock and announce. 

That tells me either the warrant was bullshit, the magistrate was negligent, or there is more to the story. Or some combination thereof. 

The warrant was bullshit imo.

This chick dated someone who was in the drug trade and he had mailed a "package" to her house and left with it while under surveillance...... years ago

She was no longer in a relationship with this person, not even recently. Guilt by association imo.

The bigger issue for me is that multiple witnesses have said the police never identified themselves. The new boyfriend thought they were being robbed, which is what every person would think if someone not wearing a police uniform busted in your house in the middle of the night.

Edited: 14 days ago
6/28/09

I don't think I was ever on a narcotics warrant that wasn't no-knock.  There was always something that can perceived as a threat.  Judges passed them out like Halloween candy. 

12 days ago
5/13/11

Just read that all charged against the BF have been dropped! Great news if accurate 

12 days ago
5/13/11

https://www-nbcnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1213501?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15902399472721&amp_ct=1590239953707&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcnews.com%2Fnews%2Fus-news%2Fcharges-against-breonna-taylor-s-boyfriend-dropped-now-n1213501