OtherGround Forums OG Cigar smokers

Edited: 18 days ago
7/13/09
rmenergy -

Well  I’m finished ordering cigars for a while. Just placed an order for a box of Oliva Serie V Lancero’s & a bundle of Leaf by Oscar Maduro Lancero’s. Really don’t have the room for another box but the sale going on right now was too good to pass up on. 

This thread has been quiet lately. Let’s give a bump up. 

I played musical humidor Sunday trying to get all my cigars to fit between my newair and my coolidor.  I may have to rehome a couple boxes of cigars with a loving family.  

18 days ago
6/18/10
sewich -
rmenergy -

Well  I’m finished ordering cigars for a while. Just placed an order for a box of Oliva Serie V Lancero’s & a bundle of Leaf by Oscar Maduro Lancero’s. Really don’t have the room for another box but the sale going on right now was too good to pass up on. 

This thread has been quiet lately. Let’s give a bump up. 

I played musical humidor Sunday trying to get all my cigars to fit between my newair and my coolidor.  I may have to rehome a couple boxes of cigars with a loving family.  

I just did the same recently. Gave a box to a neighbor & another to a forum member here. Still short on space. Guess I need to pick up the pace a bit on smoking them haha

17 days ago
6/18/10
WillyMaunawili -
rmenergy -
Submissable -
rmenergy -
Submissable -
rmenergy -

Good smoke but man is it overpriced. 

I really haven’t jumped into Padron as much as I should.  But besides their ‘0000 series not much is affordable. I love the 1964 series but beyond that I’m not sure if I have ever felt good about what I’ve paid for a Padron. I’ve had quite a few Damaso’s and they are good but I can find that flavor profile in other cigars. I’ve only had maybe 2-3 1926’s and never had any of the specials like hammers or family reserve. But they aren’t cheap at all which makes it hard to give them a try. 

That 45yr was over $30 as I just picked up a single. It was good, don’t get me wrong, but there are plenty of $10-$12 smokes out there that are better. I actually prefer the regular 26 & 64 lines to this special 45yr & by a wide margin. 

Yeah $30 is crazy. And if it doesnt blow your socks off its hard to convince yourself to try another to make sure you didnt miss something.

Agreed.  

Time for a trusted ol’ reliable 

Have you tried the La Promesa yet?

Band came off removing the celo so it’s a “naked” photo of the La Promesa. 

Edited: 16 days ago
2/6/12

God fuck this ap...

anyways I ordered the newair humidor you discussed sewich. Had overall great reviews minus some horror stories. I’ll just keep an eye on it. Looking forward to stocking it up.

16 days ago
7/13/09

Judt make sure to clean the inside with a baking soda/water mixture and let run for a couple days with some baking soda in the unit to remove the plastic smell.  

16 days ago
2/6/12
sewich -

Judt make sure to clean the inside with a baking soda/water mixture and let run for a couple days with some baking soda in the unit to remove the plastic smell.  

Will do, it comes next week so I’ll do it then. I go out of town next weekend so I’ll have it run while I’m away. Then I’ll have to pick which cigars I want to fill it with. The wife isn’t going to be thrilled with the money I put towards this lol.

16 days ago
6/29/05
rmenergy -
WillyMaunawili -
rmenergy -
Submissable -
rmenergy -
Submissable -
rmenergy -

I really haven’t jumped into Padron as much as I should.  But besides their ‘0000 series not much is affordable. I love the 1964 series but beyond that I’m not sure if I have ever felt good about what I’ve paid for a Padron. I’ve had quite a few Damaso’s and they are good but I can find that flavor profile in other cigars. I’ve only had maybe 2-3 1926’s and never had any of the specials like hammers or family reserve. But they aren’t cheap at all which makes it hard to give them a try. 

That 45yr was over $30 as I just picked up a single. It was good, don’t get me wrong, but there are plenty of $10-$12 smokes out there that are better. I actually prefer the regular 26 & 64 lines to this special 45yr & by a wide margin. 

Yeah $30 is crazy. And if it doesnt blow your socks off its hard to convince yourself to try another to make sure you didnt miss something.

Agreed.  

Nice! Let me know what think, and if it stacks up to the OG DPG Blue

16 days ago
6/18/10
WillyMaunawili -
rmenergy -
WillyMaunawili -
rmenergy -
Submissable -
rmenergy -
Submissable -
rmenergy -

Agreed.  

Thought it was meh. I’m not sure how well it was stored before I received it but the first inch to inch & a half was pretty bad. Super bitter & wavy on the burn. It settled into a nice smoke by the halfway point where it was a different combination of leather & butter. Strength was overpowering at the beginning & settled into a solid medium by the midway point as well. Flavor wise it seems closer to the MF blends than the DPG Blue blends with the heavy leather but trades the spice for a buttery aspect.

I’m actually glad I didn’t put it down at the beginning because it ended up good enough to try again. Think the one I had could have been mistreated along the way making the start pretty rough to get through. 

Ill reserve an opinion until I’m able to try a couple more. 

15 days ago
5/14/08

Monte #4 on the way to work today.
15 days ago
9/30/09

Just ordered an Opus X Purple Rain and an Opus X Lost City. 

Just finished DE KFC Swamp Thing. Pretty good. Had an Ambrosia before that. 

14 days ago
6/29/05
rmenergy -
WillyMaunawili -
rmenergy -
WillyMaunawili -
rmenergy -
Submissable -
rmenergy -
Submissable -
rmenergy -

Agreed.  

Thought it was meh. I’m not sure how well it was stored before I received it but the first inch to inch & a half was pretty bad. Super bitter & wavy on the burn. It settled into a nice smoke by the halfway point where it was a different combination of leather & butter. Strength was overpowering at the beginning & settled into a solid medium by the midway point as well. Flavor wise it seems closer to the MF blends than the DPG Blue blends with the heavy leather but trades the spice for a buttery aspect.

I’m actually glad I didn’t put it down at the beginning because it ended up good enough to try again. Think the one I had could have been mistreated along the way making the start pretty rough to get through. 

Bummers man

I enjoyed the Lancero I tried, but honestly it wasn’t mind blowing. I need to try at least 2 more before I can determine if it’s box worthy or not

14 days ago
6/29/05
Submissable -

Monte #4 on the way to work today.

That’s some good commuting!! 

14 days ago
6/18/10
WillyMaunawili -
rmenergy -
WillyMaunawili -
rmenergy -
WillyMaunawili -
rmenergy -
Submissable -
rmenergy -
Submissable -
rmenergy -

Agreed.  

Bummers man

I enjoyed the Lancero I tried, but honestly it wasn’t mind blowing. I need to try at least 2 more before I can determine if it’s box worthy or not

Agreed. That's the thing with these hand made sticks, every once in a while there's a bumpkin in the group that slipped by. I do try to hold off final judgement on things until I've had a few but it doesn't always happen. The fact that this one did get better as it went along keeps me open to trying more though.  

13 days ago
7/13/09

Smoked 2 of a 5 pack of standard padrons.  I don't get the hype, bland as fuck. 

12 days ago
6/18/10

It’s 75 this evening, the wife is watching orange is the new black & I’m on the deck with ‘ol faithful:

10 days ago
5/14/08

Tatuaje TAA 51th
10 days ago
11/17/10

Cigars are for dadbods who wear tommy bahama/thread

10 days ago
5/14/08
In Limbo -

Cigars are for dadbods who wear tommy bahama/thread

I like you so I’m gonna let that slide. 

...as I quickly ditch my Tommy Bahama shirt and put on my Tap Out shirt with cut off sleeves. 

10 days ago
6/18/10

Leaf Maduro tonight. This one seems to be a bit bent haha. 

Ok, I’m having to call it & say that I can’t hold any more boxes. This is getting kind of out of hand considering I only avg 1-2/week. 

10 days ago
5/14/08

^^Short, shriveled and always to the left. 

Lol I’ve been procrastinating on another humi or a coolidor and a friend of mine is pushing it. Like I told you I’m on a self imposed buying freeze and I think it’s best I don’t buy more space. Your winedor (I’m guessing) is awesome but I know how you’re feeling. 

10 days ago
6/18/10
Submissable -

^^Short, shriveled and always to the left. 

Lol I’ve been procrastinating on another humi or a coolidor and a friend of mine is pushing it. Like I told you I’m on a self imposed buying freeze and I think it’s best I don’t buy more space. Your winedor (I’m guessing) is awesome but I know how you’re feeling. 

Lol, thanks. I thought about a 2nd as well but also think I’d end up going off the deep end with a walk-in. After my son is off to college/military, that’s a legit proposition but right now, not so much. 

9 days ago
5/14/08

My last Dirty Rat
8 days ago
1/1/01
I love pictures of humidors. I can go to botl.org or whatever and scroll through cigar picture threads for hours. It's weird.
8 days ago
2/6/12

Sewich how often to you clean your newair? Got mine, used the baking soda method, and currently seasoning it. 

8 days ago
7/13/09
mje364 -

Sewich how often to you clean your newair? Got mine, used the baking soda method, and currently seasoning it. 

Just that initial cleaning.