OtherGround Forums OG doc. AMA on COVID-19

9/24/20 12:47 PM
2/4/09

Mataleo do you ever get any inside looks at clinical trials. 

The APN01 hACE2 trials were slated to end this month and the entire phase 2 should be done by Nov. 

Any chance you've had a sneak peak?

9/24/20 12:47 PM
1/11/17

Regarding waves I think the size of the US makes it all look a little more complicated than somewhere like the UK.

Some parts of the US got hit early (and with an apparently more contagious strain) others got it later.

The UK seemed to be inline with NY in regard to the strain and timeframes. Both places are doing a lot better than some parts of the US now (I beleive).

9/24/20 1:54 PM
7/28/08
mataleo1 -
arc123 - 
mataleo1 -
SpunQ - 

things are getting interesting, where do you currently stand Mat?

Not my field of expertise, but I've always contended that T-cell immunity was likely in COVID, and could perhaps help explain why we're seeing less severe infections on the second wave.

If there are microbiologists/immunologists on the board, i'd love to have their opinion.

You definitely see this as a second wave Doc?

What does a second wave mean? It just means an identifiable second bump in infections. And that bump isn't solely explained by variable definitions of positivity or by increased testing.

However, I again stand by my prior assertion that this bump has been very benign so far. The increase in hospitalization, deaths and sequelae is very minor. Which is why I don't really understand the measures being implemented right now.

Hey doc - I definitely agree that the ‘bump’ is negligible currently. I’d also agree that it is not fathomable why this would warrant such extreme measures. So good to see us agreeing.

whst has been clear for months however, is that we’d end up in lockdown / further draconian measures, irrespective of deaths / hospitalisation. I and many others have been vocal on this, and shot down on this thread and others as beind CTards. 

no deaths, inflated cases (by as much as 90%), high existing immunity, absolute corruption and deceit, Pre-planned outcome. 

9/25/20 2:49 AM
10/23/05
NoNeed4aScreenName - 

Mataleo do you ever get any inside looks at clinical trials. 

The APN01 hACE2 trials were slated to end this month and the entire phase 2 should be done by Nov. 

Any chance you've had a sneak peak?

I'm on a couple of trials, but not this one. And no inside info unfortunately.

23 days ago
2/4/09

Human recombinant soluble ACE2 in severe COVID-19

Published:September 24, 2020DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-2600(20)30418-5

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30418-5/fulltext

Used as compassionate use after a plethora of other treatments. 

23 days ago
2/4/09
NoNeed4aScreenName -

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30418-5/fulltext

Pretty fucking shitty study. 

Would like to see some other data

21 days ago
7/28/08

21 days ago
7/28/08

Lol at this. Whet do you guys think to this (especially the Doc). 

21 days ago
1/1/12
arc123 -

Lol at this. Whet do you guys think to this (especially the Doc). 

Fuck Gavin Newsom. He's a huge piece of shit. 

21 days ago
2/4/09
NoNeed4aScreenName -

Mataleo not sure if you have looked at this. There's some interesting data and shows promise in even other treatments.....

shitty part is it was one patient in compassionate use that already had a bunch of other treatments and it could have simply been that she was recovering at the same time as they started treatment.

if I had to guess I would think apeirion is a public company and that was an attempt to talk to investors. 

would love to see when they actually provide data from the entire study

16 days ago
12/2/05

Not sure if Matleo still posts here or if we chased off.

I suspect I have Covid.  Have the majority of symptoms.  Got tested this morning.

1st.  Is there anything I can do at home to help/improve my outcome?

2nd. Typically how long until someone takes “a turn for the worst”??  In other words, how long until I’m out of the woods?

16 days ago
2/4/09
EasyTapper -

I suspect I have Covid.  Have the majority of symptoms.  Got tested this morning.

2nd. Typically how long until someone takes “a turn for the worst”??  In other words, how long until I’m out of the woods?

He made a couple appearance on the navalny poisoned thread. He's stil around just busy

16 days ago
7/31/09
EasyTapper -

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/internal_medicine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf

scroll down a couple pages to prophylaxis. You will notice that Trump was taking basically all those prior to his diagnosis.

Are you under 60? Are you overweight? If you haven't already been taking vitamin D, C, and zinc then you can still start but it might not have a strong effect. Mainly just monitor your oxygen levels and if they start dropping below 94 then it might be wise to go to the hospital early to be monitored. 

Edited: 8 days ago
2/27/11

So my nephew got the 'Rona, 24yo, after a week of going back to University, catching trains etc.etc. (In northern Italy, when the contagions are coming back in big numbers, not many hospitalisations in  regular or intensive care so far, number of deaths for corona still very small but increasing...).

So far just mild fever... when he realized he had a fever he kinda got scared (being a bit hypocondriac), he said he "felt" pain in the lungs, his doctor sent him to ER, blood work was ok and xray showed no issues with lungs, but the covid test turned out to be "weakly positive" literally translated.

They gave him some drugs (will tell me later what exactly) amongst them some injections he has to do himself in the stomach? That sounds weird.

8 days ago
6/22/03
pidgey - 

So my nephew got the 'Rona, 24yo, after a week of going back to University, catching trains etc.etc. (In northern Italy, when the contagions are coming back in big numbers, not many hospitalisations in  regular or intensive care so far, number of deaths for corona still very small but increasing...).

So far just mild fever... when he realized he had a fever he kinda got scared (being a bit hypocondriac), he said he "felt" pain in the lungs, his doctor sent him to ER, blood work was ok and xray showed no issues with lungs, but the covid test turned out to be "weakly positive" literally translated.

They gave him some drugs (will tell me later what exactly) amongst them some injections he has to do himself in the stomach? That sounds weird.

The stomach injections might be Neupogen or Neulasta. They stimulate white blood cell production, to boost the immune system. I got them before.

8 days ago
10/23/05

Will answer in a few hours 

8 days ago
1/1/01

Yo mataleo1

QUESTION:

There are so many news articles explaining that there will likely be a variety of vaccines, using different approaches, with different levels of efficacy.

But NOT ONE has addressed what seems to be an obvious question:

CAN YOU TAKE MORE THAN ONE VACCINE?

Say you get the first vaccine that comes out, and it's only moderately efficacious. Then not too long after a new one arrives, different type, but significantly more efficacious.

Can you get the new one? Or are there worries about cross-reactivity among vaccines, so you might be "stuck" (at least for a while) unlucky to have taken the first one.

So it's a general question about the dangers, or lack of, in taking more than one vaccine, how long between taking one that you could take a different one, etc.

Any knowledge to pass on regarding this question?

Thanks!
8 days ago
10/23/05
NoNeed4aScreenName - 
NoNeed4aScreenName -

Pretty crappy indeed :)

I have buddies who submitted their manuscript in a big journal regarding this

8 days ago
2/4/09
mataleo1 -
NoNeed4aScreenName - 
NoNeed4aScreenName -

You have my ear. Any details you can release?

8 days ago
10/23/05
EasyTapper - 

Agree with what Robbie said.

At this point, if you're young, you'll be ok. You may have lingering effect (like loss of smell which can last a long while). The majority are back to normal after 5-7 days. Some chronic cough and lingering fatigue are reported. And some who have more serious problems but it's RARE.

You can try zinc, vit D, vit C. They won't do much now, but they won't hurt.

Usually we see 2 phases. The infectious phase where you have fever, cough, felling crappy. Then you feel better. Rarely, patients go through a inflammatory phase.

Essentially: stay home and rest. Consult if you have trouble breathing or if you have chest pain (breathing in). Good luck man. PM me if more specific questions.

8 days ago
10/23/05
pidgey - 

I have a feeling the story may be a little different perhaps?

There are many drugs that are given sc (in the stomach). I don't think it's what Lazarus mentioned, which is a drug that boosts neutrophils which aren't the ones we need for viruses.

I'm wondering if he didn't get a mild pulmonary emboli ("weakly positive" is typical jargon for that kind of thing) and they gave him a blood thinner which is typically given subcutaneously.

8 days ago
10/23/05
prof - 
Yo mataleo1

QUESTION:

There are so many news articles explaining that there will likely be a variety of vaccines, using different approaches, with different levels of efficacy.

But NOT ONE has addressed what seems to be an obvious question:

CAN YOU TAKE MORE THAN ONE VACCINE?

Say you get the first vaccine that comes out, and it's only moderately efficacious. Then not too long after a new one arrives, different type, but significantly more efficacious.

Can you get the new one? Or are there worries about cross-reactivity among vaccines, so you might be "stuck" (at least for a while) unlucky to have taken the first one.

So it's a general question about the dangers, or lack of, in taking more than one vaccine, how long between taking one that you could take a different one, etc.

Any knowledge to pass on regarding this question?

Thanks!

It's a good question, but one that I cannot answer right now.

It depends on the vaccine (and its components). Some may illicit a stronger immune reaction or may cause cross-reactivity (or allergies). It's rarely a concern but won't jump the ship here until we know what vaccines get through the different phases of testing.

8 days ago
5/5/07
Lazarus -
pidgey - 

The stomach injections might be Neupogen or Neulasta. They stimulate white blood cell production, to boost the immune system. I got them before.

There is a zero percent chance it's neupogen! 

8 days ago
10/23/05
NoNeed4aScreenName - 
mataleo1 -
NoNeed4aScreenName - 
NoNeed4aScreenName -

You have my ear. Any details you can release?

All i know: it's a retrospective uncontrolled study, 10 patients, and they looked at non-clinical surrogates. I didn't get my hands on a copy.

Good call on hrsACE2, I definitely have been more curious of late.

I'm not aware of trials at present aside from phase 1 studies, are you?

Edited: 8 days ago
10/23/05
Rahjai MD - 
Lazarus -
pidgey - 

There is a zero percent chance it's neupogen! 

Good to see you Rahjai.

I try to be more diplomatic, who knows what he got!

How are you guys doing?