OtherGround Forums Officers shot in phillidelphia - active shooter?

6 days ago
7/12/05

This was one of my biggest fears when I worked undercover narcotics. Praying for all involved. 

6 days ago
11/7/07
kevsh - 

6 officers shot, apparently 2 still inside the home.

They're trying to convince the suspect to turn himself (themselves?) over peacefully. After shooting cops? Yeah, he turns himself in he's going to get the beatdown of a lifetime before he even gets to the precinct for processing. Then after processing. And pretty much every day he's in custody after that. He may was well shoot himself now.

and so whats the problem with that?

cocksucker deserves to be tortured
6 days ago
11/18/09

Jesus fuck. This is one block away from the very heart of North Philly at Broad and Erie and Germantown. Black and noble is there (we ship to prisons).. Max’s cheesesteaks, which are criminally underrated because not a lotta people wanna go there. But it’s a big public trans hub. Wasted so many hours of my life there. 

But this shooter better end himself. Cause the life he would have after this would be misery. Like nowhere else I’ve seen, when a cop gets shot in Philly ALL the cops drop everything to go hunting. The city stops. Especially when suspect at large. Great time to rob a bank. Terrible time to be the shooter. They may have no intention of taking this guy alive

6 days ago
3/20/15

Why does the Fresh Prince song keep rambling through my mind now ?

6 days ago
11/18/09
nevertap -

This was one of my biggest fears when I worked undercover narcotics. Praying for all involved. 

Which part? Being trapped on 2nd floor? Is it two narcotics cops up there or 2 undercover narcotics cops? Must be an awkward convo if they were UC and now have to be like “we now have a bigger problem to deal with.  I heard they are hiding in the bathroom together. Guy shooting thru the floor from downstairs. 

6 days ago
1/1/01

Sounds like they got both officers out.   

Edited: 6 days ago
8/13/19
Live link?
6 days ago
10/16/10
Zonion - 

Sounds like they got both officers out.   

Excellent
6 days ago
4/17/15

Drop incendiary device and burn down the whole block just to be safe 

6 days ago
4/20/17
NomoRomophobia -

Philadelphia cops don’t play.

Remember MOVE?

I hope those cops are ok.

I watched that whole thing unfold on TV all day while sitting in county court outside Philly. It was insane. Frank Rizzo wasn't about to fuck around with MOVE another day. BOOM!

6 days ago
6/30/07
densefog -
NomoRomophobia -

Remember MOVE?

I watched that whole thing unfold on TV all day while sitting in county court outside Philly. It was insane. Frank Rizzo wasn't about to fuck around with MOVE another day. BOOM!

I remember watching it on the news and my mind kind of being blown. I couldn't believe they took the whole building.

6 days ago
11/18/09
Mountain Medic -
densefog -
NomoRomophobia -

Remember MOVE?

I remember watching it on the news and my mind kind of being blown. I couldn't believe they took the whole building.

Whole building? How an entire city block on one side of the street.  Shit load of neighbors house burned. All but one think. Osage Ave

6 days ago
4/20/17
PhillyFights -
Mountain Medic -
densefog -
NomoRomophobia -

Remember MOVE?

Whole building? How an entire city block on one side of the street.  Shit load of neighbors house burned. All but one think. Osage Ave

It was a rough few days after as they started pulling kid's bodies out of the rubble.

6 days ago
11/21/05
Kings21 - 
dhughes -

^^^Where is this?  Sudan?  Hong Kong? Syria?  Nah...Philly.

Never seen a police standoff before?

Nope.  I live in a first world country.  Florida, motherfucker!!!

6 days ago
6/13/03

Did they shoot some burners in there yet?

11/11/11
Ramon Maroni -
kevsh - 

6 officers shot, apparently 2 still inside the home.

They're trying to convince the suspect to turn himself (themselves?) over peacefully. After shooting cops? Yeah, he turns himself in he's going to get the beatdown of a lifetime before he even gets to the precinct for processing. Then after processing. And pretty much every day he's in custody after that. He may was well shoot himself now.

and so whats the problem with that?

cocksucker deserves to be tortured

Easy there, I agree. Just hope they take him alive.

Only problem is with this live press coverage: No chance they'll take the fucker to an abandoned warehouse for a little recreation before he's taken to the precinct.

6 days ago
7/4/10

No longer a hostage situation

6 days ago
7/12/05
PhillyFights -
nevertap -

Which part? Being trapped on 2nd floor? Is it two narcotics cops up there or 2 undercover narcotics cops? Must be an awkward convo if they were UC and now have to be like “we now have a bigger problem to deal with.  I heard they are hiding in the bathroom together. Guy shooting thru the floor from downstairs. 

If they were UC their cover is blown now by them saying there's 2 officers inside. It's a given ( at least for the task force I worked for ) that if a deal goes south and you are taken hostage there won't be much negotiating. If that is the case and they are trapped on the second floor with limited ammo I can't imagine what they are going through. It's a bad deal all around. 

6 days ago
7/12/05
ShotgunSurgeon -

No longer a hostage situation

Good deal. 

6 days ago
1/1/01
Co3 - 

Drop incendiary device and burn down the whole block just to be safe 

It's the only way to be sure.
6 days ago
1/1/01
Admiral AckFurious - 
Live link?

I’m listening to the scanner link on the first page of the thread.  

6 days ago
11/18/09
nevertap -
PhillyFights -
nevertap -

If they were UC their cover is blown now by them saying there's 2 officers inside. It's a given ( at least for the task force I worked for ) that if a deal goes south and you are taken hostage there won't be much negotiating. If that is the case and they are trapped on the second floor with limited ammo I can't imagine what they are going through. It's a bad deal all around. 

Yeah I’m real interested to hear that story when its over. The two suspects upstairs may have nothing to do with the shooter on the first floor. Sounds like he was indiscriminately shooting up at them too. 

6 days ago
12/10/11

It's crazy how this event has rumbled throughout the whole nation but I'm 5 minutes away from the location and it's just feels like another night since all officers who have been shot were released from the hospital. Our mayor is already talking about gun reform. Ugh

6 days ago
5/30/03

Someone have cliffs? 

9/17/14
densefog -
NomoRomophobia -

Remember MOVE?

Rizzo was the first MOVE situation in 77 or 78.  Wilson Goode was mayor in 85.  That was in Fresh Prince Territory in West Philly.  This current one is North Philly.