GSpenn fan -

Who do you predict for 2020 team? 

Trae

Beal

Luka

Giannis

Embiid

I could see all those guys making it

Tough thing is, we have no idea what superstar is gonna come in the next couple years, or develop from the decent young guys now. On this list, who am i 100% sure will make multiple All-NBA teams, which seems to be the bar, basically, for the all-decade team? Giannis. That's it. Don't know how Trae develops. Don't know if Beal/Donovan Mitchell (my second SG pick) stay relevent enough for long enough. Luka is my flyer. Embiid is a HUGE injury concern, and I'd be shocked if he's playing at an elite level by 2025, but he's capable.

9 days ago
6/23/12
Steve4192 -
GSpenn fan - 
Steve4192 - 
GSpenn fan - 
RockTheVote - 
GSpenn fan -

Trae

Beal

Luka

Giannis

Embiid

I can't.

Trae, Beal, and Luka are all likely to be playing on BAD teams. When was the last time a guy who didn't make the playoffs made first-team All-NBA? Much less three of them?

These players will not be playing on bad teams for the next 10 years...maybe the next 2 or 3...but not the next 10 

Shit.

My bad.

I read that post as 'who will be first team for the 2020 season', not 'who will be on the first team for the decade of the 2020s'. RockTheVote's and your responses make much more sense in that context.

Thought we were gonna have to fight... Next year all-NBA might be...

Curry (confident with KD gone and Klay out he goes off and makes a run at another MVP)

Harden (less confident, Russ will steal touches)

Kawhi (not confident. might not play enough games, but he'll benefit from everyone loving his finals MVP run)

Giannis (confident, AD and Lebron will steal touches from each other... like Kawhi and PG. He's #1 vote getter IMO)

Embiid (not confident, injury concerns and The Joker keeps impressing me more and more).

9 days ago
4/2/08
RockTheVote - 
GSpenn fan -
RockTheVote - 
GSpenn fan -

Trae

Beal

Luka

Giannis

Embiid

Tough thing is, we have no idea what superstar is gonna come in the next couple years, or develop from the decent young guys now. On this list, who am i 100% sure will make multiple All-NBA teams, which seems to be the bar, basically, for the all-decade team? Giannis. That's it. Don't know how Trae develops. Don't know if Beal/Donovan Mitchell (my second SG pick) stay relevent enough for long enough. Luka is my flyer. Embiid is a HUGE injury concern, and I'd be shocked if he's playing at an elite level by 2025, but he's capable.

My list for the all 2020-2029 team

Curry

Luka

Kawhi

Giannis

AD 

Curry and Kawhi will accomplish enough in the next 5 years to put them on the list even if they dont play the last 5 years of the decade. They are both set up in great positions. 

9 days ago
6/9/09
RockTheVote -
GSpenn fan -
RockTheVote - 
GSpenn fan -

Trae

Beal

Luka

Giannis

Embiid

thoughts on Siakam? going into this decade as the MIP.

could be a dark horse the way his playing tragectory has panned out since Mexico State.

9 days ago
6/9/09
GSpenn fan -
RockTheVote - 
GSpenn fan -
RockTheVote - 
GSpenn fan -

Trae

Beal

Luka

Giannis

Embiid

Curry

Luka

Kawhi

Giannis

AD 

Curry and Kawhi will accomplish enough in the next 5 years to put them on the list even if they dont play the last 5 years of the decade. They are both set up in great positions. 

I like this list, I dont know if Curry's knees or AD's _____ can hold up for that long though.

9 days ago
1/14/07
Pffft... the real 20's team will be:

Lonzo Ball
Lamelo Ball
Lebron James Jr
Bol Bol
Tacko Fall

Hells yeah!
9 days ago
6/1/07
GSpenn fan - 

Luka and Porzingas look like they are getting in shape....

What is the over/under on how many games they play together this season?

Considering Porzingas has averaged 41.5 games/season over his career, I'm betting the under on anything over 50. I might even take the under on 40. The Mavs are going to treat him with kid gloves and shut him down anytime he so much as gets a scratch.
9 days ago
6/1/07
GSpenn fan - 
RockTheVote - 
GSpenn fan -
RockTheVote - 
GSpenn fan -

Trae

Beal

Luka

Giannis

Embiid

Curry

Luka

Kawhi

Giannis

AD 

I'm not going to argue with any of your picks since those are as good a guess as any based on what we know right now, but I will say that I think at least one guy on the 2020s team has yet to set foot on an NBA court. I have no idea who that guy will be, but it seems each of these all-decade teams has a guy or two who didn't play the first few years of the decade.
9 days ago
4/2/08
Steve4192 - 
GSpenn fan - 

Considering Porzingas has averaged 41.5 games/season over his career, I'm betting the under on anything over 50. I might even take the under on 40. The Mavs are going to treat him with kid gloves and shut him down anytime he so much as gets a scratch.

I'm sure how successful they are in the beginning of the season will have a big impact on his toal games played. If they are still in the playoff race after the all star break, I bet he plays more than 50. His minutes will be reduced in the beginning, but I doubt he misses that many games. 

Some guys bodies are just not ready in their early 20's. He's 24 now and has had a really long time to heal. Hes not just now getting well enough to come back from injury, he was physically ready at the end of last season, so that means he has had many months.

Dallas has done really well with injury prone players in the past and their medical staff is very used to keeping 7 foot guys healthy. 

an average of games played is not really a fair way to look at at it anyway...his only two seasons before major injury he played 72 and 66 games.....throwing in a season where he was traded and then held out to help a team tank is kind of misleading. 

9 days ago
6/1/07
GSpenn fan - 
Steve4192 - 
GSpenn fan - 

I'm sure how successful they are in the beginning of the season will have a big impact on his toal games played. If they are still in the playoff race after the all star break, I bet he plays more than 50. His minutes will be reduced in the beginning, but I doubt he misses that many games. 

Some guys bodies are just not ready in their early 20's. He's 24 now and has had a really long time to heal. Hes not just now getting well enough to come back from injury, he was physically ready at the end of last season, so that means he has had many months.

Dallas has done really well with injury prone players in the past and their medical staff is very used to keeping 7 foot guys healthy. 

an average of games played is not really a fair way to look at at it anyway...his only two seasons before major injury he played 72 and 66 games.....throwing in a season where he was traded and then held out to help a team tank is kind of misleading. 

72 ... 66 ... 48 ... 0

That is pretty clearly a trend. Obviously, it's not one that can continue unless Porzingas finds a way to play negative games, but it establishes that he has been getting less and less durable every year. I don't like his chances of returning to the 70/60 range, particularly not in the upcoming season after having sat out for a year-and-a-half. They'll be sitting him out on every back-to-back game, making him take a few days off after every bump and bruise, and then there is also the strong possibility that he'll get a completely new injury that forces him to miss an extended amount of time.

People with abnormally long skeletons (even by NBA standards) are not generally known for their durability. Once you get much past 7'0" or 7'1", there aren't a whole lot of guys whose bodies can hold up. When a guy has that working against him AND a checkered injury history, I don't have much faith in his ability to stay on the court.
9 days ago
6/23/12
RJJH -
RockTheVote -
GSpenn fan -
RockTheVote - 
GSpenn fan -

Trae

Beal

Luka

Giannis

Embiid

thoughts on Siakam? going into this decade as the MIP.

could be a dark horse the way his playing tragectory has panned out since Mexico State.

I think he's a nice player, but I think there are five more in the league similar to him. Young, athletic 4's who can score at a decent clip. He's good and should make an all-star team or two in the East, but I doubt he ever makes all-NBA. Could be wrong though.

9 days ago
6/23/12
Steve4192 -
GSpenn fan - 
RockTheVote - 
GSpenn fan -
RockTheVote - 
GSpenn fan -

Trae

Beal

Luka

Giannis

Embiid

Curry

Luka

Kawhi

Giannis

AD 

I'm not going to argue with any of your picks since those are as good a guess as any based on what we know right now, but I will say that I think at least one guy on the 2020s team has yet to set foot on an NBA court. I have no idea who that guy will be, but it seems each of these all-decade teams has a guy or two who didn't play the first few years of the decade.

Giannis was picked in 2013, so you're likely correct. Zion could be a top guy. One of these guys might settle into a different position at some point. Lot of factors at play.

9 days ago
6/23/12
Steve4192 -
GSpenn fan - 
Steve4192 - 
GSpenn fan - 

72 ... 66 ... 48 ... 0

That is pretty clearly a trend. Obviously, it's not one that can continue unless Porzingas finds a way to play negative games, but it establishes that he has been getting less and less durable every year. I don't like his chances of returning to the 70/60 range, particularly not in the upcoming season after having sat out for a year-and-a-half. They'll be sitting him out on every back-to-back game, making him take a few days off after every bump and bruise, and then there is also the strong possibility that he'll get a completely new injury that forces him to miss an extended amount of time.

People with abnormally long skeletons (even by NBA standards) are not generally known for their durability. Once you get much past 7'0" or 7'1", there aren't a whole lot of guys whose bodies can hold up. When a guy has that working against him AND a checkered injury history, I don't have much faith in his ability to stay on the court.

What works in his favor is his style of play. He isn't a laterally explosive guard trying to beat guys off the dribble. He shoots and blocks shots.

9 days ago
4/2/08
Steve4192 - 
GSpenn fan - 
Steve4192 - 
GSpenn fan - 

72 ... 66 ... 48 ... 0

your "downward trend" theory is still very misleading

his 48 game season ended after a major injury in February ...torn ACL..and he has not played since.

He hasnt been getting injured, coming back, getting injured coming back...over and over again....1 major injury following two seasons where he played over 65 games on a bad team. He was also shut down early on his first two seasons because Knicks were tanking....so his 72 game season would have really been a 79 game season and his 66 game season was really a a 71 game season......so when you look at it from that perspective, the injury prone narrative is far overblown.....it actually looks pretty normal for a potential star player/ young asset on a dead end team....

He didnt play last year because he was still recovering when he got traded to a team that was not going to make the playoffs. 

9 days ago
9/24/18

9 days ago
10/27/03
Jones right nostril - 

Really?
Lue turns down a head coach role with the Lakers because they were tying his contract length to Lebron, just to take an assistant role at the Clippers? WTF?
9 days ago
9/22/16
FingerorMoon - 
Jones right nostril - 

Really?
Lue turns down a head coach role with the Lakers because they were tying his contract length to Lebron, just to take an assistant role at the Clippers? WTF?

If Lue took the Lakers job, he was unemployed as soon as LBJ opted out. More than that, he likely would have never been a head coach again. We all see him as LeBron's boy, after all.

Lue appears to want to be his own man. I respect that.
9 days ago
7/1/15

9 days ago
7/1/15

9 days ago
10/27/03
AnthonyWeiner - 
FingerorMoon - 
Jones right nostril - 

Really?

If Lue took the Lakers job, he was unemployed as soon as LBJ opted out. More than that, he likely would have never been a head coach again. We all see him as LeBron's boy, after all.

Lue appears to want to be his own man. I respect that.

I would think the head coach role would be more important. Winning is all that matters.
If he did well, he would have been kept on at the Lakers, just like he was initally kept on in Cleveland. Losing is what gets a coach fired ...which is generally going to happen after any franchise player departs and isn't immediately replaced.

Its an important skill set itself to be able to deal with and placate the huge egos of the franchise players. Especially Lebron who operates as coach and GM at the same time to an extent no other player ever has.

Maybe Lue wants to keep in the game before taking on the higher stress role again. Who knows...
9 days ago
7/27/04
Vegito Blue -

Crazy but not new.Michael Jordan's as an amateur kicked the asses of a NBA all star team with Bird and Magic. And the dream team(first ever pro Olympic team) had a 1-2 losing record vs college kids.

9 days ago
8/11/12
Vegito Blue -

I don't know who any of these people are. These names sound like computer generated names from NBA live 98.

9 days ago
9/4/17
Balls Mahoney -
Vegito Blue -

I don't know who any of these people are. These names sound like computer generated names from NBA live 98.

It's the LA select team. Most of which is from the FIBA world qualifying team. Having trouble copying the Twitter link that has basic info on the players. 

8 days ago
7/1/15
Balls Mahoney -
Vegito Blue -

Lmfao I said the same thing to some friends earlier 

8 days ago
9/4/17