OtherGround Forums Official 2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

6/17/19 10:20 AM
7/1/15

Let’s get this started fellas. Starting with the offseason. 

6/17/19 10:21 AM
7/1/15

What I’m looking forward to most. Seeing Zion finally play with grown men. My prediction for him in his rookie season is something like a 20-6-4 stat line
6/17/19 10:22 AM
12/23/08

Really looking forward to the same handful of dudes from your other thread arguing back and forth with walls of quotes for the next year.

6/17/19 10:22 AM
7/1/15

What I’m looking forward to second most. How will Giannis evolve and grow from his ECF loss. If his FT and overall FG shooting gets better he’s probably the best player in the league
6/17/19 10:23 AM
7/1/15
Hocky -

Really looking forward to the same handful of dudes from your other thread arguing back and forth with walls of quotes for the next year.

It’s inevitable 

6/17/19 10:24 AM
7/1/15

What will Kawhi do? Personally I hope he signs a short term deal with Toronto and tries to win again before leaving for a bigger market. The last thing I want him doing is going to the Lakers lol I don’t think he will though. I could see him going to the Clippers Knicks or Nets before the Lakers
6/17/19 10:27 AM
7/1/15

Doesn’t take a brain surgeon to know these 2 will be a force to be reckoned with. Question is can they both stay healthy for the long haul? LeBron had his first real injury last year and he’s only getting older. AD is very injury prone and as far as I know without looking it up he’s never come close to playing a full season. Another question is what does LA do next, sign another big FA or try to add depth now. If I ran that shit show I’d try to get depth rather than another big name
6/17/19 10:27 AM
9/22/16
Page One:

Kevin Durant is a bitch.
6/17/19 10:28 AM
9/4/17
Hocky -

Lol 

6/17/19 10:29 AM
7/1/15

Perhaps the biggest question this offseason... Wtf does KD do. Before his injury i was 110% sure he was leaving GS either the Knicks Nets or Clippers. Now with his injury thats a major wild card. The GSW GM has made it clear he has no problem at all paying a big luxury tax and has said he wants both KD and Klay back...
6/17/19 10:33 AM
11/11/13
Vegito Blue -

What will Kawhi do? Personally I hope he signs a short term deal with Toronto and tries to win again before leaving for a bigger market. The last thing I want him doing is going to the Lakers lol I don’t think he will though. I could see him going to the Clippers Knicks or Nets before the Lakers

He'll re-sign in Toronto for 2-3 years, with an opt out. Let's him see how things settle in the West with the new Lebron/Davis duo. Then make your move.

6/17/19 10:33 AM
7/1/15

Then there’s the littler guys.

Jimmy Butler apparently a couple weeks ago bought a new house in Philly? Could that mean he’s staying? 

Klay is staying in GS. His father has been saying it for years and said it again last week after the finals game 6 loss. 

Kemba Walker said he wants to stay in Charlotte. God bless his soul lol. He even supposedly said he’d take less than the max contract to get other FA’s. I’d love to see it. Again anything other than going to the Lakers lol

6/17/19 10:39 AM
7/1/15

Can’t fail to mention Luka. Can’t wait to see how he follows up his historic rookie season. He was fun as hell to watch last year
6/17/19 10:39 AM
7/1/15
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -
Vegito Blue -

He'll re-sign in Toronto for 2-3 years, with an opt out. Let's him see how things settle in the West with the new Lebron/Davis duo. Then make your move.

That’s what I’m thinking he’ll do. Especially considering he just won it all in Toronto... why rush to a new team when you have the chance to win it all again 

6/17/19 10:42 AM
10/30/05
William H Muncy -
Hocky -

Lol 

This year should be better than last. Have a feeling the hate will be coming out strong this year. 

6/17/19 10:45 AM
1/14/07
I have concerns that Zion will hit a wall. I think he could develop into a very solid player but I see it being a giant step year one.

He's a tweener and his game has been too reliant on being the best athlete on the court by a large margin. He's going to flash huge in a few games towards the beginning of the year but teams will figure him out.

The biggest question is how he responds by refining the skill areas of his game.

I think he ends up around 16/8 next season (which is still very good for a rookie... just not instant superstar greatness).
6/17/19 10:51 AM
9/22/16
RdotC - I have concerns that Zion will hit a wall. I think he could develop into a very solid player but I see it being a giant step year one.

He's a tweener and his game has been too reliant on being the best athlete on the court by a large margin. He's going to flash huge in a few games towards the beginning of the year but teams will figure him out.

The biggest question is how he responds by refining the skill areas of his game.

I think he ends up around 16/8 next season (which is still very good for a rookie... just not instant superstar greatness).

Without AD Zion will average at least 20. But he'll put up a ton of shots to do it. I think the best conversation is how many games he'll play.

I put it at 65.
6/17/19 11:10 AM
7/1/15

Assuming this is the case, predict this team’s record next season?
Edited: 6/17/19 11:11 AM
7/1/15
Curry shoots in my mouth -
William H Muncy -
Hocky -

Lol 

This year should be better than last. Have a feeling the hate will be coming out strong this year. 

The Warriors May be irrelevant next season lol all depends on what they do about their bench and if they can do anything to fill the gap left by Klay and KD until they can return if they can even return next year at all

6/17/19 11:12 AM
9/22/16
Vegito Blue - 

28-54
6/17/19 11:19 AM
1/14/07
Vegito Blue - 

Randle is opting out so not sure he'll be there.

They could certainly steal the 8th spot in the West... but thats about their ceiling. It will be interesting if they keep the 4th pick or they package some pieces to bring in an established starter.

Honestly, Ball should thrive in NO where they can play to his strengths.
6/17/19 11:31 AM
9/4/17
Vegito Blue -

Isn't Randle a fa? 

6/17/19 11:36 AM
7/1/15

Hold up I just realized the NBA draft is this week but they still haven’t done the MVP and other awards for this last season? When the fuck is that? 

6/17/19 11:36 AM
7/1/15
William H Muncy -
Vegito Blue -

Isn't Randle a fa? 

Indeed 

6/17/19 11:37 AM
10/30/05
Vegito Blue -
Curry shoots in my mouth -
William H Muncy -
Hocky -

Lol 

The Warriors May be irrelevant next season lol all depends on what they do about their bench and if they can do anything to fill the gap left by Klay and KD until they can return if they can even return next year at all

I’m talking about the hate towards you know who in LA. GS hate is over...along with that dynasty.