OtherGround Forums Official 49er fan thread

11 days ago
1/13/10
MyUnclesCreepy -
Barry_BondsMVP -

When there’s 20 penalties in the game on both ends things will look sloppy, can’t put a drive together when penalties kill them. 

Also the run game wasn’t there either which hurts the throwing game. JG isn’t Favre or Brady where they can rely on them throwing 35+ balls a game. JG works off the play action, quick passing etc. 

Exactly Shanahan's offense is predicated on the run game. If that doesnt get going the offense struggles and what do ya know they couldnt run for shit yesterday. Everyone wants jimmy to roll out get 5tds and 500 yards to prove something.  Hes still an inexperienced  qb coming off a torn acl. Let's chill and have this convo come mid season. 

Couldn’t agree more, good post. 

11 days ago
12/5/02
PFF SF 49ers
?

@PFF_49ers
Follow Follow @PFF_49ers
More
Ahkello Witherspoon earned the #49ers highest grade in coverage this weekend with an 81.7 grade. His passer rating when targeted was a whopping 4.9!

PFF SF 49ers Retweeted

Matt Maiocco
?
Verified account

@MaioccoNBCS
2h2 hours ago
More
From @PFF:
--Nick Bosa: 6 QB pressures in 25 pass rushes (24% pressure rate)
--Mike Person - Highest grade of any guard this week. No QB pressures.
--George Kittle - 2nd highest grade among TEs in Week 1.
--Ahkello Witherspoon: Allowed 2 catches for 21 yards, Passer rating: 4.9.

15 replies 88 retweets 565 likes
Reply 15 Retweet 88 Like 565
11 days ago
5/10/04
Barry_BondsMVP - 
MyUnclesCreepy -
Barry_BondsMVP -

When there’s 20 penalties in the game on both ends things will look sloppy, can’t put a drive together when penalties kill them. 

Also the run game wasn’t there either which hurts the throwing game. JG isn’t Favre or Brady where they can rely on them throwing 35+ balls a game. JG works off the play action, quick passing etc. 

Exactly Shanahan's offense is predicated on the run game. If that doesnt get going the offense struggles and what do ya know they couldnt run for shit yesterday. Everyone wants jimmy to roll out get 5tds and 500 yards to prove something.  Hes still an inexperienced  qb coming off a torn acl. Let's chill and have this convo come mid season. 

Couldn’t agree more, good post. 

Yeah i know...

Optimism.

Week 1 over reaction.

Etc, etc.

I know :)

Just talking.

11 days ago
5/10/04

So who else had Sunday Ticket on Direct TV??

The viewing experience has become amazing!
I feel like Bruce Wayne in my own NFL Batcave!
It's like I have NFL super powers!

I can watch Red Zone, Fantasy Zone, 4 games on 1 screen, or 8 games on one screen.
I can toggle between game windows to decide which prodcast audio I want to listen to.
I can click on any game window to go to that game full screen.
I can select up to 20 players to follow and will be updated on the screen when they do something.
And of course, just watch any game the old-fashioned way (which I do with the Niners).

They have really made football Sundays a user friendly experience that is worth every penny -- and this coming from a guy who stopped ordering UFCS because the price became rediculious.
11 days ago
5/4/12
onepunchJD -

I can watch Red Zone, Fantasy Zone, 4 games on 1 screen, or 8 games on one screen.
I can toggle between game windows to decide which prodcast audio I want to listen to.
I can select up to 20 players to follow and will be updated on the screen when they do something.
And of course, just watch any game the old-fashioned way (which I do with the Niners).

They have really made football Sundays a user friendly experience that is worth every penny -- and this coming from a guy who stopped ordering UFCS because the price became rediculious.

Man I tried getting the college discount for 100 dollars and fucked it up somehow so I'm streaming for another year. Thank God they haven't shut down r/nfl streams yet but I know it's coming 

11 days ago
11/12/07

^they set up nflbite as a contingency. that's worked for me so far as well.

11 days ago
11/13/14
onepunchJD -

I got it. Had it for the last 5 years. I love it.

11 days ago
5/4/12
alewaboy52 -

^they set up nflbite as a contingency. that's worked for me so far as well.

I saw that it went thru nfl bite. They need to do it for NBA and CFB and mma lol

11 days ago
5/4/12

And sergio good night sweet prince. 1-0 In fantasy lololol

11 days ago
12/1/11

Not so quick Bubba, Still got Jacobs going.
10 days ago
5/4/12
Sergio -

Not so quick Bubba, Still got Jacobs going.

Mother fucker that'll be Jacob's best game all season fuck him and mccaffery 

10 days ago
11/11/12

Got an idea for an animated gif.  From 'the boys' when the deep is busting that dolphin out of ocean world.  Have Tom Flores head on the deep saying 'dont worry dolphins, I'll take your franchise to the same excellence I helped take NE to'.  Then of course, hard brake and dolphin goes flying and gets run over by a semi called the Baltimore ravens

10 days ago
12/1/11

Great match up Creepy CMC & Jacobs came thru in the clutch, good week 5-0 in fantasy and both the 49ers & Raiders are 1-0 

Boarding my flight now for Los Cabos see you fuckers in a week.

10 days ago
5/10/04

I left Desean Jackson on the bench and lost by less than a point, lol
8 days ago
8/12/10

Dee Ford and Nick Bosa are so fuckin good together

8 days ago
11/11/12

Tank carradine picked up by the dolphins

8 days ago
1/13/10

It was scary seeing Bosa and Buckner side by side on the line, while Ford was on the other end 

8 days ago
5/4/12
Barry_BondsMVP -

It was scary seeing Bosa and Buckner side by side on the line, while Ford was on the other end 

And honestly arik Armstead is a solid 4th. That line is fucking insane. The depth is nuts a few bench guys would be a starter on other teams 

8 days ago
12/18/15
dizz -

Dee Ford and Nick Bosa are so fuckin good together

The pressure they bring is crazy. I fucking love it. 

8 days ago
1/13/10
MyUnclesCreepy -
Barry_BondsMVP -

And honestly arik Armstead is a solid 4th. That line is fucking insane. The depth is nuts a few bench guys would be a starter on other teams 

We discussed Arik last year, his PFF numbers for pressure and stopping the run game was solid. He’s not there to give you the sexy stats like Ford and Buckner. 

8 days ago
5/10/04

Oh yeah, loving the D line.

One of the best in football.
8 days ago
5/10/04

I want to see some sacks on Wilson this season!!!!!
8 days ago
8/31/10
onepunchJD -

Dude, I posted earlier that I removed DeSean from my starting lineup at the last minute and replaced him with none other than Dante fucking Pettis. Instead of 44 points I received 1 point, and clearly lost my head to head as a result, as well as the weekly prize I would have received for most points in the pool had I started DeSean. Now that fucking stings!

I am going to have a very, very difficult time having my trust in Dante restored at any point this season. Making matters worse yet, I traded Courtland Sutton for Pettis during the offseason as one rookie keeper for another with my nemesis in the pool. Shit show all around.

8 days ago
5/10/04
sgotwalks - 
onepunchJD -

Dude, I posted earlier that I removed DeSean from my starting lineup at the last minute and replaced him with none other than Dante fucking Pettis. Instead of 44 points I received 1 point, and clearly lost my head to head as a result, as well as the weekly prize I would have received for most points in the pool had I started DeSean. Now that fucking stings!

I am going to have a very, very difficult time having my trust in Dante restored at any point this season. Making matters worse yet, I traded Courtland Sutton for Pettis during the offseason as one rookie keeper for another with my nemesis in the pool. Shit show all around.

I have Pettis in my other league but he's on the bench for now.
Unless the Niners offense blows up, I see him as more of a flex option for bye weeks.

Maybe a WR2 in deeper leagues, but I want to see Jimmy G. get going before I play Pettis.

I almost had Kittle, but he was snaked from me right before the turn I was going to pick him!

I have JUJU Smith and Julio Jones as my 2 WRs, with Jackson, Godwin, and Pettis to rotate off the bench.

I'm hoping Smith has a good game if Pittsburgh bounces back.
Same with Jones.

Gonna start Jackson at flex this week.
I don't have a lot of faith in Winston.
8 days ago
5/4/12

Should I trade Julio jones for Marlon mack and robert woods?

RB is weak for me so mack would help but woods is streaky I know he will blow up some games and disappear others