OtherGround Forums Omg! NBA is OD'ing on the BLM, not watchable.

2 days ago
12/20/08
supersonic - "I’m surprised they can act so socially forward when they have such a severe lack of diversity in the NBA"

Many think this a disingenuous or non serious type of comment but I think it is totally valid and should be asked to any and every player who is on board with all things BLM/Woke.

If you're going to take this stance, you also need to address the disproportionate ratio of White Execs/Coaches to Black Execs/Coaches in the NBA.
2 days ago
12/4/09
gregbrady -
WALES -
gregbrady -
WALES -

The NBA is a global league. It doesn’t care or need you lot to watch to continue to make billions. You have zero buying power.

I know

BLM is hugely popular in China and eastern Europe

good point lol

this is absurd to every group of ppl in the world except western white liberals and the weird guilt-ridden reltaionship they have with minoriies, particularlt black ppl.

China loves the NBA and is consuming tons of NBA merchandise.

and also demand they remove black ppl from movie posters and ban them from restaurants becase they consider them dirty.

Both those motherfuckers love the NBA and buy the latest releases from Nike.

Both the NBA and NFL are global leagues. Every season they add another regular season game to be played abroad.

2 days ago
10/11/18
kingofpancakes -
godstriker - 

harden up you sensitive pussies.

No. we lost the sport to sensitive pussies. They're pandering to minority of dumbfucks that sitll belive BLM is a good cause.

THIS 

2 days ago
9/8/02

Lebron's face while kneeling was the most over the top abrasive shit I have ever seen. Pure theater.

2 days ago
7/14/10
psychosphere -

Barkley said something to the effect that if someone doesn’t kneel during the anthem that doesn’t make them a bad person. Wish more people held his sentiment.

People were ripping him apart for this, least the mouth breathing racist fucks on twitter were, calling him a coon, sell out, uncle tom, etc

2 days ago
12/11/14

As a person who does not watch basketball, why does this matter to anyone? There's a million things better to do. 

2 days ago
9/26/10

Lebron is so incredibly self righteous. it is comical

2 days ago
11/5/19
stillmatic - 
supersonic - "I’m surprised they can act so socially forward when they have such a severe lack of diversity in the NBA"

Many think this a disingenuous or non serious type of comment but I think it is totally valid and should be asked to any and every player who is on board with all things BLM/Woke.

If you're going to take this stance, you also need to address the disproportionate ratio of White Execs/Coaches to Black Execs/Coaches in the NBA.

I just saw a racism speech before an nhl game citing racism as the reason for lack of diversity.

If they think they need to put more blacks, Asians, and natives on the ice logic would state we need way less blacks in the nfl and nhl.
2 days ago
1/1/01
jcblass - 

Lebron's face while kneeling was the most over the top abrasive shit I have ever seen. Pure theater.

OMG so brave !

They could be hero’s !

Pay them more money !

BLM Dont you dare say all lives matter or you may die or for sure get canceled !

2 days ago
12/4/09

China loves LeBron - you guys don't have the buying power you once had.
2 days ago
12/4/09

2 days ago
7/16/17
CavemanDave -

Seriously guys, make the very simple decision to never watch basketball again.

The number of entertainment options currently available in the world are virtually endless.  I promise you, you will not miss it even for a moment.  Skip a season and you will quickly realize what a garbage product it actually is...the broadcasts, the management, the commentary...

It's all trash.  Turn it off.

I promise you will not miss it after a few weeks...and never miss it again.

I did this years ago.  I never get to watch the Pistons where I live and they are the only team I care for.   I still tune in for the dunk contest.  Other than that it's like watching paint dry.  Fuck watching the fourth quarter too.  Takes as long as the prior three with all the intentional fouls and time outs.

2 days ago
12/20/08
Corn Pop - 
stillmatic - 

I just saw a racism speech before an nhl game citing racism as the reason for lack of diversity.

If they think they need to put more blacks, Asians, and natives on the ice logic would state we need way less blacks in the nfl and nhl.

Diversity has happened in the NBA.

In the Early 90's there were about 20 International Players in the NBA and now there are over 100.
Edited: 2 days ago
1/9/02
WALES -

no one in the middle c.lass in the west had the buying power we once had

oh well, at least nobody calls us racist at least ........

2 days ago
10/25/07
stillmatic - 

A quick Googling tells me 23% of the coaches are black vs. 13% of the US. 75% of the players ar black. No idea the %/total execs/office are, but if we're going to attempt proportionate representation in corporate America vs. most qualified individual why shouldn't we require it in pro sports as well?
2 days ago
8/19/19
stillmatic -
Corn Pop - 
stillmatic - 

Diversity has happened in the NBA.

In the Early 90's there were about 20 International Players in the NBA and now there are over 100.

Weird how that same statement doesn't work for mlb.    Wonder why?  

2 days ago
3/16/15
WALES - 

Christ, you can't be this stupid?

Got any statistics that show the NBA revenue from the US vs China?

You are a serious simpleton.

And China is the single most racist country on earth.

2 days ago
1/1/01

Turned it on for the first time today and just turned it off.

Started watching MLS...then saw an BLM arm band and turned that off too.

BLM if fine, but for fuck's sake can I at least watch sports without having politics or some social message sent out there...sports was one of the few places left to ESCAPE from EVERY fucking thing being political.

2 days ago
1/1/01
stillmatic - 

They are already addressing this issue, especially in the NFL. In that case, bring up the player ratio then. I'm all for it. Let's go all-in with the diversity!

Ever team must have a white starter who plays at least 25 minutes!
2 days ago
8/9/16
jcblass -

I can't stand that motherfucker...

What a fucking phony... Damn charlaton...

2 days ago
1/1/01
jcblass - 

He knows this is his last big chance to usurp Michael Jordan as the greatest. A lot of sports pundits are now bringing into account his "advocacy" as what makes him greater than MJ.

And LOL at these pussies having to kneel on a folded towel. Pure theater, indeed.
2 days ago
1/1/01
WALES - 

Of course they love him. He's a CCP stooge at best.
2 days ago
12/4/09
UltimateKeyboardWarrior -
WALES - 

Christ, you can't be this stupid?

Got any statistics that show the NBA revenue from the US vs China?

You are a serious simpleton.

And China is the single most racist country on earth.

Did I say just China? I said it was a global league and if the handful of fans on here don’t watch it means fuck all, retard.

1 day ago
1/13/20
WALES -

I hear China is a big supporter of blm....

1 day ago
3/17/14

Unwatchable imo. Haven't watched a game since