OtherGround Forums One change/activity that boosted your health

10 days ago
6/26/06

The most?  

I used to be a gym rat and indoors guy in general.  I would also always catch a cold numerous times a year.  In last few years I've incorporated walking and especially walks in cold weather.  Blizzards type of weather too.  My immune system has never been better.  You are not meant to be in same comfy temp all the time.  Same goes for heat exposure 

10 days ago
1/1/01

Stopping drinking

10 days ago
1/18/06
As a Crohns-having-little-bitch, switching to Soylent for over 75% of my calories has all but cured my condition altogether. Or at least prevented ANY of the symptoms I struggled with.
10 days ago
10/4/18
Stopped smoking
10 days ago
2/3/16

Continuing to smoke da ganja 

10 days ago
2/3/16

^ laughing.. laughing in general can help heal a number of things.. 

10 days ago
1/30/05

Stopped drinking/smoking had four months off, drank for about a week recently (not heavy) and felt like trash, especially my mood.

Win Hof breathing everyday, turns down the background noise in my head, and I swear it helps recovery too. Held my breathe for 4min 20sec yesterday.

10 days ago
2/2/08
Eliminated sugar/carbs and vegetable oil from my diet.

Changed my life.
10 days ago
3/17/03
forumnewb - Eliminated sugar/carbs and vegetable oil from my diet.

Changed my life.

Same. Haven't been sick at all in two years.

Edited: 10 days ago
4/27/15

Cutting carbs.  Hands down

10 days ago
9/4/17

Leaving an ex girlfriend. She hit with her car once. Wasn't risking a second time. 

10 days ago
2/24/19

Open heart surgery to repair two leaky valves. 

10 days ago
2/19/12
Black Dougie - 

Cutting carbs.  Hands down

This

10 days ago
1/30/05

Also having a morning and night routine.

Morning wake up, hang with gravity boots at the park, chin ups to failure 3x, cold shower, Wim hof breathing, feel like a million bucks for the day, mental clarity through the roof, good energy all day. Take about 45min total.

Night time. Turn off screens half an hour before bed, sleepy time tea, read a book, then bed. This has cut down the time it takes me to fall asleep greatly which was hours before. I think sleep quality is hugely underappreciated when it comes to overall health.

10 days ago
11/18/14

carbs carbs carbs I am going to eat a large pizza tomorrow as a result of this. carbs are the root of much happiness. so go and eat a low-carb snack like Michael Jackson used to.

10 days ago
7/13/09
Quitting drinking.
10 days ago
1/1/01
sucking less cock
10 days ago
9/30/16

Eliminated cooking oils that are hydrogenated, i.e. vegetable oil, canola oil, soybean oil, etc.  I only cook with virgin olive oil or virgin avocado oil. Eliminated fast food and lowered carbs.  Testosterone levels actually went up slightly after doing this, nothing huge, but I feel a lot better.  Haven't been sick in ages. 

10 days ago
1/1/01
I stopped plugging in my hot fudge dispenser during the week.

Now I only allow myself unlimited Hot Fudge Friday-Sunday.

It's all about tha lyfestyle, bro.
10 days ago
6/22/03
Chemo. Worked wonders.
10 days ago
4/1/15

Quit drinking.

10 days ago
10/27/19
luffy -

Also having a morning and night routine.

Morning wake up, hang with gravity boots at the park, chin ups to failure 3x, cold shower, Wim hof breathing, feel like a million bucks for the day, mental clarity through the roof, good energy all day. Take about 45min total.

Night time. Turn off screens half an hour before bed, sleepy time tea, read a book, then bed. This has cut down the time it takes me to fall asleep greatly which was hours before. I think sleep quality is hugely underappreciated when it comes to overall health.

I agree that sleep is one of the most important factors but I don’t think people take it seriously. Even before reading about that sleep expert on JRE, I’ve been in lectures on the power of sleep. I recently transitioned from a midnight shift to a day shift and while I still don’t sleep very much the quality of sleep is far better. I no longer take melatonin or zquill and do as you have mentioned in the your post. Turn screens off, face down or cover them and have two routines. Sleep is free and many people find themselves in difficult situations that doesn’t let them get the real recharge they need. 

10 days ago
6/26/06

My night routine is pretty on point mostly.  Takes awhile 

10 days ago
1/1/01
becoming a mailman
10 days ago
7/10/02
Adding green shakes back in the day, thanks to Couture, and then juicing veggies (much better). Stamina, health, endurance, skin tone, you name it, all better because of this.