OtherGround Forums Oops, imperial college fucked up. Virus is not as

14 days ago
4/2/08

Ireland is below 50 deaths and they average anywhere from 300 to 500 deaths per year from the seasonal flu...

Lets see if it matches that number. 

Lets see if COVID deaths match the deaths of any countries or states own seasonal flu death number. 

so far I dont think its even close anywhere. 

14 days ago
5/14/10
Glad this who virus is turning out to be bullshit. Congrats to congress on their $50K raises.
14 days ago
5/13/11

freaky hillbilly. this is "bullshit" to you?
14 days ago
1/1/01
ttt
14 days ago
4/3/08

Berenson continued: “Essentially, what has happened is that estimates of the viruses transmissibility have increased — which implies that many more people have already gotten it than we realize — which in turn implies it is less dangerous.”

14 days ago
5/14/10
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Is that a recent graph? Has it been corrected yet? Time will tell if it's bullshit. The other totally accurate graph was, so I won't be surprised.

14 days ago
7/26/15
GSpenn fan -

Ireland is below 50 deaths and they average anywhere from 300 to 500 deaths per year from the seasonal flu...

Lets see if COVID deaths match the deaths of any countries or states own seasonal flu death number. 

A few weeks ago we had 44 deaths from flu all season we had a quarter of that from coronavirus in 1 day and we are only at the start. I'd love if this thing was overblown but I fear it's only the beginning of a hard and emotional 2/3 months 

14 days ago
4/2/08
Brother rabbitte - 
GSpenn fan -

A few weeks ago we had 44 deaths from flu all season we had a quarter of that from coronavirus in 1 day and we are only at the start. I'd love if this thing was overblown but I fear it's only the beginning of a hard and emotional 2/3 months 

I call bullshit on only 44 deaths from the Flu

We have 700 every year in Arkansas alone

14 days ago
7/26/15

https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2020/0116/1107907-flu-hse-winter-season/

14 days ago
5/13/11
Freaky_Hibiki -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

Is that a recent graph? Has it been corrected yet? Time will tell if it's bullshit. The other totally accurate graph was, so I won't be surprised.

The dates are at the bottom. Seems current to the 25th. 

14 days ago
5/13/11
GSpenn fan -
Brother rabbitte - 
GSpenn fan -

He is talking about Ireland. Just in case you missed that part. 

Hard to compare that to the USA. 

14 days ago
7/26/15
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
GSpenn fan -
Brother rabbitte - 
GSpenn fan -

Population of Ireland is about 5.8 million I've no idea about Arkansas

14 days ago
9/18/12
GSpenn fan -
Brother rabbitte - 
GSpenn fan -

Arkansas is one of the dumbest, fatest states in the country, of course it's going to be higher there.

Edited: 14 days ago
10/24/10
Lazarus -
The Last Emperor - 
Lazarus - The mortality rate will very dramatically depending on whether people can get medical assistance. The virus is highly contagious so it can spread quickly. If hospitals are overwhelmed, then there aren't enough repirators and ICU beds for those who need it. In Italy, they are turning away people over age 60 and basically leaving them to survive or die on their own.

If hospitals are overwhelmed, they aren't able to treat everyone and the mortality rate is much higher.

If hospitals aren't overwhelmed, they can save a lot of people. The mortality rate would be much lower.

This is the whole logic behind flattening the curve, and hence the lockdown.

Perfect "flood the zone" victim right here ^

The ol' "hospitals are overwhelmed!" "not enough ventilators and beds!" propaganda. Consider your brain zone flooded.

Are you sure it's propaganda? The projections are claiming that NY State won't have enough ICU beds and respirators within a couple of days.

But if you don't believe government projections, here's an interview from a NYC ER doctor who is saying that the hospitals are quickly becoming "overwhelmed":

"Dr. Craig Spencer, who works as an emergency room doctor at Columbia University Medical Center, warned that patient “case numbers are increasing on a daily basis and soon our hospitals are going to be overwhelmed.”

“At the rate that we’re putting people on ventilators, at some hospitals one to two per hour, the simple math shows it’s only a matter of time until we run out,” Spencer said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/coronavirus-update-new-york-hospitals-battle-outbreak.html

Yes it's fucking propaganda. All of these media and medical talking heads got their cues on how to "flood the zone!" from their elitist medical prick masters during their "Event 201" coronavirus pandemic excercise, and that's exactly what they're doing.

If in fact any of these hospitals are "overwhelmed" or "running out of ventilators", and that's a big fucking if, it's because the media is scaring the fuck out of all of the zone flooded brainlets, so they go to the hospitals for any slight sniffle or cough.

Every. Fucking. Year. we have tons of cases of coronaviruses, but this year it's political and they are using it to their advantage. People like you need to shut down your PC's and turn off your TV's for the remainder of the year.  

14 days ago
6/28/10

more flu comparison thread by the trumptards. haha

14 days ago
5/13/11
Brother rabbitte -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
GSpenn fan -
Brother rabbitte - 
GSpenn fan -

Arkansas is only 3mil, but that's not all that is different. Your climate is different. Your healthcare is different. Your society is different. The strains of flu that make it or show up there are different. 

There's too much at play to compare a UK island to a midwestern-ish state in America. 

4/27/18
Brother rabbitte -
GSpenn fan -

People in my state are freaking out and we have 41 people that have been hospitalized by Corona Virus....41 in the entire state. 

3 dead....in a stae where 700 die every year from the seasonal flu. 

its pure madness

10 people have died from covid 19 in the last 24 hours here but yeah it's just a mild flu

Probably a 100 died from the common flu today 

14 days ago
5/13/11
The Last Emperor -
Lazarus -
The Last Emperor - 
Lazarus - The mortality rate will very dramatically depending on whether people can get medical assistance. The virus is highly contagious so it can spread quickly. If hospitals are overwhelmed, then there aren't enough repirators and ICU beds for those who need it. In Italy, they are turning away people over age 60 and basically leaving them to survive or die on their own.

If hospitals are overwhelmed, they aren't able to treat everyone and the mortality rate is much higher.

If hospitals aren't overwhelmed, they can save a lot of people. The mortality rate would be much lower.

This is the whole logic behind flattening the curve, and hence the lockdown.

Perfect "flood the zone" victim right here ^

The ol' "hospitals are overwhelmed!" "not enough ventilators and beds!" propaganda. Consider your brain zone flooded.

Are you sure it's propaganda? The projections are claiming that NY State won't have enough ICU beds and respirators within a couple of days.

But if you don't believe government projections, here's an interview from a NYC ER doctor who is saying that the hospitals are quickly becoming "overwhelmed":

"Dr. Craig Spencer, who works as an emergency room doctor at Columbia University Medical Center, warned that patient “case numbers are increasing on a daily basis and soon our hospitals are going to be overwhelmed.”

“At the rate that we’re putting people on ventilators, at some hospitals one to two per hour, the simple math shows it’s only a matter of time until we run out,” Spencer said.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/coronavirus-update-new-york-hospitals-battle-outbreak.html

Yes it's fucking propaganda. All of these media and medical talking heads got their cues on how to "flood the zone!" from their elitist medical prick masters during their "Event 201" coronavirus pandemic excercise, and that's exactly what they're doing.

If in fact any of these hospitals are "overwhelmed" or "running out of ventilators", and that's a big fucking if, it's because the media is scaring the fuck out of all of the zone flooded brainlets, so they go to the hospitals for any slight sniffle or cough.

Every. Fucking. Year. we have tons of cases of coronaviruses, but this year it's political and they are using it to their advantage. People like you need to shut down your PC's and turn off your TV's for the remainder of the year.  

I see you've transitioned from sucking McGregor off on the UG to spouting completely idiotic CTs on the OG. 

You'll fit right in. Lol

14 days ago
7/26/15
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Brother rabbitte -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
GSpenn fan -
Brother rabbitte - 
GSpenn fan -

Arkansas is only 3mil, but that's not all that is different. Your climate is different. Your healthcare is different. Your society is different. The strains of flu that make it or show up there are different. 

There's too much at play to compare a UK island to a midwestern-ish state in America. 

We're Not part of the United Kingdom 

5/13/11
Strangleu -
Brother rabbitte -
GSpenn fan -

People in my state are freaking out and we have 41 people that have been hospitalized by Corona Virus....41 in the entire state. 

3 dead....in a stae where 700 die every year from the seasonal flu. 

its pure madness

10 people have died from covid 19 in the last 24 hours here but yeah it's just a mild flu

Probably a 100 died from the common flu today 

He is in Ireland. Maybe read all the words before trying to flex your tiny little ego and insult people? 

Edit: I see you edited out your petulant insults. Good job. 

14 days ago
5/13/11
Brother rabbitte -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Brother rabbitte -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
GSpenn fan -
Brother rabbitte - 
GSpenn fan -

We're Not part of the United Kingdom 

Ahhh shit. My apologies. 

UK adjacent. 

Lol

14 days ago
10/24/10
BrckNoHitBk -

H1N1 was a "pandemic" and even more deadly as far as stats go. Why didn't Obama shut down the country? Why weren't hospitals "overwhelmed"? Why wasn't it plastered all over the fucking liberal virus ridden news stations?

It's impossible for your IQ to be higher than 50.

1/1/01
We should be near zero cases soon, eh?

https://youtu.be/bkMwvmJLnc0
14 days ago
5/14/10
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Freaky_Hibiki -
FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

The dates are at the bottom. Seems current to the 25th. 

And the other graph was "accurate" right up until the second they said "whoops, we lied!". Also, Hillary had a 96% chance of beating Trump before Russia interfered. How soon we forget who lies to us the most.
14 days ago
5/13/11
The Last Emperor -
BrckNoHitBk -

H1N1 was a "pandemic" and even more deadly as far as stats go. Why didn't Obama shut down the country? Why weren't hospitals "overwhelmed"? Why wasn't it plastered all over the fucking liberal virus ridden news stations?

It's impossible for your IQ to be higher than 50.

Possibly because the day after the WHO declared it a P.H.E. Obama followed suit and declared a P.H.E here, and made it very clear via his administration announcements and his own statements that this could be a serious threat, when we only had 15 or so total cases and no deaths?

Instead of spending two months pretending it was a nothing burger and waiting until it was exposed he was full of shit to take any actions at all for funding and preparedness? 

Or maybe because H1N1 isn't the same as COVID19 and has different abilities to spread and survive on surfaces? 

Or maybe because you're just being a fucking moran and comparing two very different viruses and two very different initial reactions from out government?