OtherGround Forums PA to go on LOCKDOWN

3/20/20 4:39 PM
10/9/14

I work in a grocery store in PA. Today the buzz was everything will be closing including grocery stores. For what its worth I saw 4 cops at different times in their uniform shopping with their families. In 10 plus years that was the only 4 times ive seen that. 

3/20/20 4:57 PM
6/3/11
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
Region Rat -
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
Soup and Beer -

The sources might be reliable but given there are so many chain emails with someone claiming "reliable sources", i think it's best not to spread the misinformation here.

Soup,

I can vouch for the two sources being one is my sister in law active in army, and the other manages / runs EMT branch in major city.

NY already started a lockdown...I'm not shocked we are imminent in PA.

Also, my organization started reducing staff in office (work from home, buddy system where they rotate in office).....unfortunately I cannot do that being in the clinical side with infectious disease testing.....we never had done anything this drastic....even with last state of emergency blizzards.

Lol at a reliable source being a nurse in the Army. 

I'm calling her reliable because she is my sister in law, and (surprisingly) doesn't freak the f out over everything like women normally do.

She informed earlier this afternoon that this would take effect potentially by midnight if not tomorrow afternoon.

I mean, even Governor Wolf has mentioned it....not sure if you're trying to troll or not....hold that for another time. We will need the laughs then!

No and I don't doubt it will happen. I just thought it was funny that a army nurse is considered a reliable source of info. Of course she will be told to be ready, and also a million other rumors. 

3/20/20 5:00 PM
1/1/01

A former OGer (don't think he posts here anymore) in a FB group I'm in said Illinois was this weekend.

3/20/20 5:00 PM
1/1/01

I'm not in one of those states mentioned and we have national guard vehicles lined up at one of our local school parking lots.  So I can assume they are getting ready.  

3/20/20 5:14 PM
12/17/06
2inchpunisher - 

I work in a grocery store in PA. Today the buzz was everything will be closing including grocery stores. For what its worth I saw 4 cops at different times in their uniform shopping with their families. In 10 plus years that was the only 4 times ive seen that. 

That's political suicide.

Plus, not even the cities are closing grocery stores.

3/20/20 5:24 PM
5/30/05

The state is in full panic. People are already beginning to freak out. This is extremely concerning. 

Edited: 3/20/20 5:42 PM
1/1/01

If they closed grocery stores riots in the streets would immediately ensue.  

3/20/20 5:33 PM
1/1/01

I wouldn't doubt it

3/20/20 5:36 PM
12/29/06

Though I'm not complaining how are the national Guard or cops or anyone going to tell where you're going. Just say 'going to the grocery', or 'to the clinic or ER'. I doubt they're following you to Kroger.

I agree it's important to follow these but it sounds unenforcible.

I suppose they can stop people running obvious landscaping trucks with mulch and wheelbarrows, or garbage trucks (yikes), or panel trucks with service logos.

3/20/20 5:36 PM
12/2/02

Why would they ever close grocery stores lol. 

Edited: 3/20/20 5:39 PM
12/26/05

There are some things I've seen recently that suggest this might be the case.

I'm unsure if it's legal.

I've heard some shit about what's essentially paperwork to allow for gas fill ups being circulated around, where unless you have them you wont be able to purchase gas.

I might be misunderstanding what I heard though.

3/20/20 5:39 PM
2/4/07

Closing grocery stores is the best way to get a lot of people killed and I don't mean by starvation

3/20/20 5:40 PM
1/1/01

Dumb question, maybe - but what exactly constitutes a "grocery store"?

Is it only Food Lion, Safeway, Albertsons, etc type of places?

Does it include walmart, Target, etc (where a lot of people buy their groceries)?

Dollar General & the like that sell groceries?

3/20/20 5:44 PM
1/1/01
2inchpunisher - 

Entertaining this rumor is on the verge of going total retard.

This makes no fucking sense at all and would almost guarantee mass panic.

3/20/20 5:55 PM
5/1/14
buddie -

If they closed grocery stores riots in the streets would immediately ensue.  

This. No way on hell will they close grocery stores. It's an essential line to people.

3/20/20 6:24 PM
10/2/06

The Grocery stores will NOT be closed.

theu will limit occupants at worst. So lines will form.

These next 3-4 weeks will be tough for many mentally....stay strong and positive.

3/20/20 6:30 PM
12/29/06

You also will not be able to get local gubmints to restrict gas stations. They rely on that tax to do municipal work. It will be a very strong push back to any measure like that.

Besides, how are gas stations a threat to health if you take normal precautions. Wear latex gloves, don't talk to anyone, use and sanitizers after.

It's crazy college students going to Florida they need to ban.

3/20/20 6:37 PM
8/19/03
PatK -

One of my customers in PA told us there is a list of what businesses are going to be considered "non-essential"

This is correct.   I live and work in PA, and this list does indeed exist, spelling out Gov. Wolf's qualifications of essential vs. Non.  We are not shut down.   

3/20/20 6:47 PM
2/11/11
scab1 - 
2inchpunisher - 

Entertaining this rumor is on the verge of going total retard.

This makes no fucking sense at all and would almost guarantee mass panic.

This. Russia is having a field day.
3/20/20 6:52 PM
12/17/06

I do believe Wolf knows better than to try shutting down essentials.

3/20/20 6:54 PM
5/13/05

I live in Philly. There is a list of essential vs non-essential businesses and who must shut down. I had the supermarket deliver to my house.

3/20/20 7:21 PM
10/2/06
WaltJ -
PatK -

One of my customers in PA told us there is a list of what businesses are going to be considered "non-essential"

This is correct.   I live and work in PA, and this list does indeed exist, spelling out Gov. Wolf's qualifications of essential vs. Non.  We are not shut down.   

Not Shutdown....locked down.

Essentials will be open. 

just no bars, schools, sporting events, gyms, churches etc....

3/20/20 7:26 PM
8/19/03
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
WaltJ -
PatK -

Not Shutdown....locked down.

Essentials will be open. 

just no bars, schools, sporting events, gyms, churches etc....

Correct.   My mistake on the misuse of terms.

3/20/20 7:29 PM
6/3/14

In PA. This would suck, and result in MASSIVE unemployment. But Penn State is offering some less than stellar updates...

PSU drives so much of the economy in Central PA and beyond 

3/20/20 7:31 PM
11/16/17

Civil War 2 coming.....