OtherGround Forums PA to go on LOCKDOWN

20 days ago
10/2/06
WaltJ -
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
WaltJ -
PatK -

One of my customers in PA told us there is a list of what businesses are going to be considered "non-essential"

This is correct.   I live and work in PA, and this list does indeed exist, spelling out Gov. Wolf's qualifications of essential vs. Non.  We are not shut down.   

Not Shutdown....locked down.

Essentials will be open. 

just no bars, schools, sporting events, gyms, churches etc....

Correct.   My mistake on the misuse of terms.

All good brother.

I went back to reread my op and make sure I didn't typo.

I just wrapped up five-12's....night shifts at work, off today but only slept 2 hours so my body adjusts back to sleeping at night lol!

Stay safe man.

20 days ago
10/2/06
Thebonfirexm -

Civil War 2 coming..... 

You mean "3"....

Steve and Tony already had the 2nd one fam.

20 days ago
12/13/12
Thrill Hammer -
buddie -

If they closed grocery stores riots in the streets would immediately ensue.  

This. No way on hell will they close grocery stores. It's an essential line to people.

If anything, they will limit the amount of people allowed in the store at a time, and likely set up a special block of time for people with the highest risk of fatality(old people).

also heard a rumor that a certain grocery chain in western PA is looking to open an hour earlier strictly for employees to shop.

I used to work in distribution for them a long time ago, and the friends I’ve kept there are printing money right now. 

20 days ago
8/23/11
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -

Reliable sources coming out that state of Pennsylvania will go on lockdown with national guarguard.

Can only goto grocery store or pharmacy. Nothing else with exception to work (healthcare).

Sources I've heard from: ambulance authorities, PA national guard.

Man....fuck this shit.

Someone better tell the Amish in Spartansburg 

20 days ago
7/28/08
Soup and Beer -
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes - 
Soup and Beer -

The sources might be reliable but given there are so many chain emails with someone claiming "reliable sources", i think it's best not to spread the misinformation here.

Soup,

I can vouch for the two sources being one is my sister in law active in army, and the other manages / runs EMT branch in major city.

NY already started a lockdown...I'm not shocked we are imminent in PA.

Also, my organization started reducing staff in office (work from home, buddy system where they rotate in office).....unfortunately I cannot do that being in the clinical side with infectious disease testing.....we never had done anything this drastic....even with last state of emergency blizzards.

Ok we just have to be careful though.  JPro was swearing here that he had a relative in the administration and that there was a 6 state lockdown coming and it would be announced Wednesday.   It was straight from the chainmail almost word for word.

I Almost became a legend that day.

20 days ago
5/1/14
LotionInTheBasket -
Thrill Hammer -
buddie -

This. No way on hell will they close grocery stores. It's an essential line to people.

If anything, they will limit the amount of people allowed in the store at a time, and likely set up a special block of time for people with the highest risk of fatality(old people).

also heard a rumor that a certain grocery chain in western PA is looking to open an hour earlier strictly for employees to shop.

I used to work in distribution for them a long time ago, and the friends I’ve kept there are printing money right now. 

In my area Clarks nutrnutritionns an hour early for people over 60. The stores though are fin midday but thinned out. 

20 days ago
1/1/01
JPro - 
Soup and Beer -
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes - 
Soup and Beer -

The sources might be reliable but given there are so many chain emails with someone claiming "reliable sources", i think it's best not to spread the misinformation here.

Soup,

I can vouch for the two sources being one is my sister in law active in army, and the other manages / runs EMT branch in major city.

NY already started a lockdown...I'm not shocked we are imminent in PA.

Also, my organization started reducing staff in office (work from home, buddy system where they rotate in office).....unfortunately I cannot do that being in the clinical side with infectious disease testing.....we never had done anything this drastic....even with last state of emergency blizzards.

Ok we just have to be careful though.  JPro was swearing here that he had a relative in the administration and that there was a 6 state lockdown coming and it would be announced Wednesday.   It was straight from the chainmail almost word for word.

I Almost became a legend that day.

close!

20 days ago
3/11/09

I'm in PA and other than releasing the essential vs non essential list I dont expect any further rules being put in place.

But in for updates just in case.

20 days ago
6/30/07
LotionInTheBasket -
Thrill Hammer -
buddie -

Stores are doing curbside delivery

20 days ago
2/10/20
Altofsky -

Who in those places are you hearing this from?

Top Men!

In his butt.

20 days ago
3/11/09

Gov Wolf just announced that they are delaying the enforcement of non life sustaining business shut down. Most likely because there are hundreds of businesses that are applying for waivers so that they can keep working. 

20 days ago
12/17/06
Diabeetus - 

Gov Wolf just announced that they are delaying the enforcement of non life sustaining business shut down. Most likely because there are hundreds of businesses that are applying for waivers so that they can keep working. 

Great news.

20 days ago
12/17/06
KingMartyrJack - 
Altofsky -

Top Men!

In his butt.

OP and I don't typically agree on many things, I don't think...

But I fully believe he's just trying to relay info here as best he can. If it's offbase, it's off base. But I don't believe he has any silly/stupid/nefarious motives.

Doakes, all the best to you and yours during all this shit. 

20 days ago
3/11/09
Altofsky -
Diabeetus - 

Great news.

Sounds like as of now he's only delaying it until Monday but a lot could change between now and then.

20 days ago
12/17/06
Diabeetus - 
Altofsky -
Diabeetus - 

Great news.

Sounds like as of now he's only delaying it until Monday but a lot could change between now and then.

I more meant that it goes in the opposite direction of cutting off access to essentials and full lockdown.

If you or any other PAers need shitpaper, let me know!

20 days ago
3/23/06

Is it the same as CA and Nevada?  Stay at home orders or a real lockdown?  

20 days ago
5/29/18
Altofsky -
Diabeetus - 

Great news.

How you feel about NY getting locked down?

I feel like it's been incredibly hard to find any info about this online, as a new Yorker. I think Google may have been suppressing certain hits.

20 days ago
6/18/10
Altofsky -
KingMartyrJack - 
Altofsky -

Top Men!

In his butt.

But I fully believe he's just trying to relay info here as best he can. If it's offbase, it's off base. But I don't believe he has any silly/stupid/nefarious motives.

He is a liberal Queer, but with that said I’ve been best friends with him for decades and he is a good dude at heart. 

20 days ago
12/17/06
Helluvah Guy - 
Altofsky -
Diabeetus - 

Great news.

How you feel about NY getting locked down?

I feel like it's been incredibly hard to find any info about this online, as a new Yorker. I think Google may have been suppressing certain hits.

It's insane to see, that's for sure.

My dad is on long island. He's not worried, but I worry for him. 

20 days ago
12/17/06
x FOX x - 
Altofsky -
KingMartyrJack - 
Altofsky -

Top Men!

In his butt.

He is a liberal Queer, but with that said I’ve been best friends with him for decades and he is a good dude at heart. 

Vu lol

19 days ago
12/13/12
Mountain Medic -
LotionInTheBasket -
Thrill Hammer -
buddie -

Stores are doing curbside delivery

Trying too at least in my area, but they have a lack of manpower, so much so that they pulled all the big business people off their special assignments and told them to carry shit to the curb...lol.

19 days ago
1/1/01
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
Thebonfirexm -

Civil War 2 coming..... 

You mean "3"....

Steve and Tony already had the 2nd one fam.

#boogafloo

18 days ago
1/1/01
The Closed Guard - 
GHTT_Pig Bun - NY, CT, and NJ, along with PA

CT aint doing shit. Backwards ass state

https://ctmirror.org/2020/03/20/lamont-orders-non-essential-businesses-to-close-during-public-health-crisis/
16 days ago
3/23/06

My buddy texted me they have a curfew in PA now. He said he even has a piece of paper to show cops when he drives home from work.  I hope he’s not playing games with me.  

16 days ago
3/11/09
knockoutfighter -

My buddy texted me they have a curfew in PA now. He said he even has a piece of paper to show cops when he drives home from work.  I hope he’s not playing games with me.  

I'm not sure if this is true or not but I've seen people on facebook saying similar things. I know the governor came out yesterday with stricter rules for like 5 or 6 counties. I'm still working and haven't received any papers though.