OtherGround Forums PA to go on LOCKDOWN

14 days ago
2/18/10

There’s no specific form to my knowledge, but my company sent out a letter for us to carry if we have to travel for work. It references the governors orders and states that by definition we are an essential business and are required to travel. 

14 days ago
2/11/14
knockoutfighter -

My buddy texted me they have a curfew in PA now. He said he even has a piece of paper to show cops when he drives home from work.  I hope he’s not playing games with me.  

Didn’t hear anything about a curfew. But 6 counties (I think) have lockdown orders. My wife just got a letter from her work in case she gets pulled over.

14 days ago
2/11/14

Just got my permission slip to leave the house. Unreal. 

14 days ago
3/11/09
Wylong06 -

Wonder why I didn't get one.

Or is it only in those 6 counties?

14 days ago
12/17/06
Wylong06 - 

From the county or your employer?

14 days ago
2/11/14
Diabeetus -
Wylong06 -

Jefferson. I work for Usps so we obviously have offices everywhere. I’m guessing it went region if not statewide in the post office. 

14 days ago
4/28/15

I live in Chester county and haven't gotten any kind of work slip. It seems to be dependant on the company. There were a fair amount of people on the roads past 8 last night and I didn't see anyone get pulled over so I'm not sure whether the police are really enforcing that yet.

14 days ago
8/19/03
Ozamataz Buckshank -

I live in Chester county and haven't gotten any kind of work slip. It seems to be dependant on the company. There were a fair amount of people on the roads past 8 last night and I didn't see anyone get pulled over so I'm not sure whether the police are really enforcing that yet.

Employers may or may not issue that documentation, and it may or may not be "required".

There is a list of essential and non-essential businesses.  We have not gotten any formal direction from our corporate offices, so we printed out the lists and highlighted our business designation, ourselves, just in case anybody stops us. This is mainly for our drivers, as they are the ones doing deliveries and who have to stop at weigh stations. Not sure what you do, but it might be worth at least printing out that list.

14 days ago
3/11/09
Wylong06 -
Diabeetus -
Wylong06 -

Jefferson. I work for Usps so we obviously have offices everywhere. I’m guessing it went region if not statewide in the post office. 

Ah gotcha. You'd think your vehicle or the attire you're wearing would be enough lol

14 days ago
9/14/12
Altofsky -
Diabeetus - 
Altofsky -
Diabeetus - 

Gov Wolf just announced that they are delaying the enforcement of non life sustaining business shut down. Most likely because there are hundreds of businesses that are applying for waivers so that they can keep working. 

Great news.

Sounds like as of now he's only delaying it until Monday but a lot could change between now and then.

I more meant that it goes in the opposite direction of cutting off access to essentials and full lockdown.

If you or any other PAers need shitpaper, let me know!

I could probably use a custom poop knife.  

14 days ago
9/14/12
Ozamataz Buckshank -

Do you live south or north of 30? 

14 days ago
9/14/12

I talked to a buddy of mine in PSP. He hasn't heard anything about a "lockdown" other than Trooper rumors. His belief is that the lockdown will only be for businesses. As of now, it looks like they're not actively looking for violations, but are responding to complaints. They also seem to be following a 2 warning, and on the 3rd time they get called out it's a fine. Local PD may be handling it differently. Fun fact, I've heard the uniformed Liquor Control Board officers are handling most compliance checks, as they are the subject matter experts in checking permits and levying fines on businesses. Unless ordered, PSP aren't enforcing any type of curfew. They don't want to pull random people over and risk exposure over a warning or writing a ticket for a summary offense.

He did tell me some local cops in Jersey are writing disorderly conduct tickets for lockdown violations.

12 days ago
12/13/12
knockoutfighter -

My buddy texted me they have a curfew in PA now. He said he even has a piece of paper to show cops when he drives home from work.  I hope he’s not playing games with me.  

I have a piece of paper as well. Loosely enforced though. I haven’t seen a single person pulled over in a week.

Obviously this whole virus thing sucks, but truthfully I’m not missing the fucking traffic.

12 days ago
10/2/06

I Have papers showing I am essential.

As if my fn scrubs and ID badge aren't enough lol

Edited: 12 days ago
3/11/09

I had to go out late last night for work and it was pretty crazy how little traffic there is. I live in a rural area so there isnt much to begin with but this was another level. Cut way down on my commute at least!

Still never got any paper to take along with me.

12 days ago
12/17/06
Diabeetus - 

I had to go out late last night for work and it was pretty crazy how little traffic there is. I live in a rural area so there isnt much to begin with but this was another level. Cut way down on my commute at least!

Cuz they won't be needed. Nobody's checking papers.

12 days ago
3/11/09
Altofsky -
Diabeetus - 

Yeah I wasn't exactly worried about it. More curious as to why so many employers are doing it. 

12 days ago
11/6/08

From York, but stationed at fort Bragg.  Hope my Pa brethren are making out alright up there! 

10 days ago
4/28/15
red7 -
Ozamataz Buckshank -

North, Apologies for the late response, got a new phone and its been years since I've had to log in. I have since gotten an exemption form in the event that I get pulled over, and it looks like the police are starting to crack down on the 8pm curfew. Crazy times.

10 days ago
2/11/14

Well, just about every county around me has it popping up now. If they postpone fishing statewide, I’m starting a riot. 

10 days ago
9/14/12
Ozamataz Buckshank -
red7 -
Ozamataz Buckshank -

North, Apologies for the late response, got a new phone and its been years since I've had to log in. I have since gotten an exemption form in the event that I get pulled over, and it looks like the police are starting to crack down on the 8pm curfew. Crazy times.

I live in the border of Lancaster and Chester county. My office is in Norristown, but I work in southern Chesco. I've appreciated the lack of traffic, but its starting to pick up as people take this less and less seriously. 

10 days ago
12/17/06
Diabeetus - 
Altofsky -
Diabeetus - 

Yeah I wasn't exactly worried about it. More curious as to why so many employers are doing it. 

Ink and paper is cheap, so I'd assume it's a simple CYOA response to rumors. Better safe than sorry type of deal. Just my guess knowing how corporate folk tend to think lol.

10 days ago
3/9/16

Live an hour north of Pittsburgh. I have noticed nothing different with people. Still packing grocery stores, beer distributors, getting takeout. Was in Pittsburgh the other day....dozens of people outside walking dogs, running, playing tennis, basketball. I have seen little change with people

10 days ago
1/1/01
Jay Haas - 

From York, but stationed at fort Bragg.  Hope my Pa brethren are making out alright up there! 

I'm about 2o mins north of you. NC's lockdown starts Monday.