OtherGround Forums PA to go on LOCKDOWN

12 days ago
10/2/06

Reliable sources coming out that state of Pennsylvania will go on lockdown with national guarguard.

Can only goto grocery store or pharmacy. Nothing else with exception to work (healthcare).

Sources I've heard from: ambulance authorities, PA national guard.

Man....fuck this shit.

12 days ago
12/17/06

Who in those places are you hearing this from?

12 days ago
11/17/10

im sure itll happen at this point

but man, seems like everyone now has "sources high up in the military, NG, administration, FBI, CIA, etc."

12 days ago
1/1/01
My sister said she heard that VA is going to announce lockdown this weekend. I have no idea where she heard it from or whom.
12 days ago
11/16/08
Altofsky -

Reliable sources

12 days ago
1/1/01
My DHS contact said a 4-state lock-down up there.
12 days ago
5/8/10

I think the same thing is going to happen in IL. Announcing it soon 3pm

Edited: 12 days ago
1/1/01
NY, CT, and NJ, along with PA
12 days ago
1/1/01

One of my customers in PA told us there is a list of what businesses are going to be considered "non-essential"

12 days ago
8/29/09
PatK -

One of my customers in PA told us there is a list of what businesses are going to be considered "non-essential"

That list was posted on here last night.

12 days ago
11/1/03

My pet store told me their essintial and will stay open. Im in NY. Liquor store to.

12 days ago
2/9/09
GHTT_Pig Bun - NY, CT, and NJ, along with PA

CT aint doing shit. Backwards ass state

12 days ago
10/2/06
Altofsky -

My sister in law is in the army (nurse), and wife's work friend's husband leads an ambulance.

Ambulance told to "be ready".

I think as details emerge, it will be most likely:

1.) Only allowed to goto grocery / pharma stores in "x" amounts (less than 10...I AM ONLY MAKING THIS PART AS ASSUMPTION)

2.) Essential / Healthcare/ first responders to work (im in medical field for organ transplant).

Also....i can say this from MY personal experience in Pa: be prepared to see a "spike" in positive Corona cases next week. NOT BECAUSE OF NEW CASES, but UPMC and Quest diagnostics have test kits ready now to test more individuals. We will have more data.

My work started temperature scanning us two days ago as we entered building. Anyone with 100+ had to leave / take pto for the day.

12 days ago
1/1/01

The sources might be reliable but given there are so many chain emails with someone claiming "reliable sources", i think it's best not to spread the misinformation here.

12 days ago
10/2/06
Soup and Beer -

The sources might be reliable but given there are so many chain emails with someone claiming "reliable sources", i think it's best not to spread the misinformation here.

Soup,

I can vouch for the two sources being one is my sister in law active in army, and the other manages / runs EMT branch in major city.

NY already started a lockdown...I'm not shocked we are imminent in PA.

Also, my organization started reducing staff in office (work from home, buddy system where they rotate in office).....unfortunately I cannot do that being in the clinical side with infectious disease testing.....we never had done anything this drastic....even with last state of emergency blizzards.

12 days ago
12/17/06
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes - 
Altofsky -

My sister in law is in the army (nurse), and wife's work friend's husband leads an ambulance.

Ambulance told to "be ready".

I think as details emerge, it will be most likely:

1.) Only allowed to goto grocery / pharma stores in "x" amounts (less than 10...I AM ONLY MAKING THIS PART AS ASSUMPTION)

2.) Essential / Healthcare/ first responders to work (im in medical field for organ transplant).

Also....i can say this from MY personal experience in Pa: be prepared to see a "spike" in positive Corona cases next week. NOT BECAUSE OF NEW CASES, but UPMC and Quest diagnostics have test kits ready now to test more individuals. We will have more data.

My work started temperature scanning us two days ago as we entered building. Anyone with 100+ had to leave / take pto for the day.

Thanks for elaborating. 

12 days ago
1/1/01
Also, my wife is a GS-15 for DHS Inspector General, fwiw.
12 days ago
1/1/01
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes - 
Soup and Beer -

Soup,

I can vouch for the two sources being one is my sister in law active in army, and the other manages / runs EMT branch in major city.

Also, my organization started reducing staff in office (work from home, buddy system where they rotate in office).....unfortunately I cannot do that being in the clinical side with infectious disease testing.....we never had done anything this drastic....even with last state of emergency blizzards.

Ok we just have to be careful though.  JPro was swearing here that he had a relative in the administration and that there was a 6 state lockdown coming and it would be announced Wednesday.   It was straight from the chainmail almost word for word.

12 days ago
10/2/06
Soup and Beer -
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes - 
Soup and Beer -

Soup,

Ok we just have to be careful though.  JPro was swearing here that he had a relative in the administration and that there was a 6 state lockdown coming and it would be announced Wednesday.   It was straight from the chainmail almost word for word.

I hear you my friend. I never go off emails.

I am still personally leaning that things will turn for the better by mid April.

12 days ago
6/3/11
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
Soup and Beer -

Soup,

Lol at a reliable source being a nurse in the Army. 

12 days ago
2/5/06

My brother in law works at a food distribution place that supplies a large grocery store chain (MN). They were briefed on this and will need a special exemption letter with them in case they get stopped to or from work.

12 days ago
10/2/06
Region Rat -
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
Soup and Beer -

Soup,

I'm calling her reliable because she is my sister in law, and (surprisingly) doesn't freak the f out over everything like women normally do.

She informed earlier this afternoon that this would take effect potentially by midnight if not tomorrow afternoon.

I mean, even Governor Wolf has mentioned it....not sure if you're trying to troll or not....hold that for another time. We will need the laughs then!

12 days ago
2/13/16

have a hard time seeing this fly in PA..... 

12 days ago
4/27/05

I live in PA, Cue Nick Diaz.

12 days ago
11/17/10
Region Rat -
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
Soup and Beer -

Soup,

nurses and healthcare workers are literally the "Front line" for this crisis

i would certainly take the word of an active nurse in a busy hospital very seriously

ive been speaking with many NYC nurses and doctors over the past few weeks, mentioning the internal crises they have in their facilities, as far back as 2 weeks ago, when people were still doubting

look where NYC hospitals are now