Animal Chin -

That wind is awful.

Spieth went with the snap hook to the water on 18. "Oh, Michael!"

Did Michael fart in his backswing??

Haha.

He just cries to him so much.

12/4/19 9:07 PM
7/15/11

I really need to get fitted for a driver too. I create so much backspin. My ball hits and jumps a few feet from its divot. It's impressive on short par 4's but not so much in the fairways lol. Not sure what creates that but I'm sure it's fixable.

12/4/19 9:19 PM
10/19/12
Matrix -

I really need to get fitted for a driver too. I create so much backspin. My ball hits and jumps a few feet from its divot. It's impressive on short par 4's but not so much in the fairways lol. Not sure what creates that but I'm sure it's fixable.

Its a huge benefit imo. I went from 3300 spin to right around 2000. You also may be hitting the ball high which is good and bad. I try to keep my driver under 75 feet but I can hit it up over 100 no problem. 112 swing speed. I went from a tensei pro orange 60s tipped an inch to a graphite design adgp 7x. Currently in a ventus 7x. 

12/4/19 9:49 PM
7/15/11
Pat Giles -
Matrix -

Its a huge benefit imo. I went from 3300 spin to right around 2000. You also may be hitting the ball high which is good and bad. I try to keep my driver under 75 feet but I can hit it up over 100 no problem. 112 swing speed. I went from a tensei pro orange 60s tipped an inch to a graphite design adgp 7x. Currently in a ventus 7x. 

See this is what I'm talking about. I need to go get fitted. I bet it would make a huge difference.

Btw yes I hit the ball high. I can lower my trajectory but it takes away from my distance most of the time.

I'm betting my Rouge pro is adding to it but the shaft is probably this difference maker.

12/4/19 10:02 PM
1/30/03
Matrix -

I love that. I hit a high cut because I want the ball to get on the ground and not go very far when it lands. Hard to get in too much trouble that way.

12/4/19 10:04 PM
7/15/11
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

I love that. I hit a high cut because I want the ball to get on the ground and not go very far when it lands. Hard to get in too much trouble that way.

This is another way to look at it but when I hit it DEAD STRAIGHT it does the same thing. That's frustrating to me.

12/4/19 10:31 PM
9/13/08

Played Pine Barrens (World Woods) this weekend. By far my favorite FL course so far. Great track. 

anyone comes down to FL (Tampa area) and wants to play let me know........

12/4/19 11:32 PM
1/30/03
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

This is another way to look at it but when I hit it DEAD STRAIGHT it does the same thing. That's frustrating to me.

It shouldn't be frustrating

12/5/19 10:22 AM
12/26/09

Played Big Sugar yesterday here, shot an 86 with a 3+ on the front and 11+ on the back. 
fuck that back 9. 

12/5/19 10:26 AM
7/15/11
Animal Chin -
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

Why? Are you saying that I'm not losing distance? I find that hard to believe but I could be wrong. Either way I'd love to lose some of the spin just to get an idea on what I'm gaining or losing.

I like to get some new wedges this year too. Got any suggestions?

12/5/19 10:49 AM
12/26/09

I switched from Vokey SM5's to the MG taylormade's and I'm a lot more consistent with dispursement.

12/5/19 11:09 AM
7/15/11
GregBell  - Damn i didnt know Wand was that "Real" he took it there looked chael right in the eyes and told him about not knowing the future, missing teeth, and what he can and cant say.

And then Chael said "thanks" in as respectful manner as possible as not to further anger Wand.  Prob a good choice
12/5/19 11:21 AM
1/30/03
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

Why? Are you saying that I'm not losing distance? I find that hard to believe but I could be wrong. Either way I'd love to lose some of the spin just to get an idea on what I'm gaining or losing.

I like to get some new wedges this year too. Got any suggestions?

Probably, but not a lot.

But you probably don't play courses that are as hilly as what a play up here. If it wasn't for that I'd probably go back to trying to get some roll out of my driver.

I got the sm7 set earlier this year. I like them so far. They're just hard to beat.

12/5/19 11:38 AM
5/1/14

Golf season is just underway here in Palm Springs. Only been out twice so far. Hoping to get about 20 rounds in.

12/5/19 11:49 AM
1/1/01
Matrix - 
Jack Mahogoff -

I switched from Vokey SM5's to the MG taylormade's and I'm a lot more consistent with dispursement.

For some reason I always forget about TM's when it comes to wedges. Heard anything about pings? I have those i500's and I love them. I'm not even sure ping makes a blade style wedge.

I'm sure AC will poo poo my suggestion, but the Wilson Staff PMP wedges are every bit as good as a Vokey.
12/5/19 11:54 AM
1/30/03

He's a capitalist, he'll fight names and get paid. Prize fighter. Phone Post

12/5/19 1:00 PM
1/30/03
Chomas -

Do you guys use the approach wedge from your iron set, or do you use something else?  I like the approach to match my irons because thats a club I'm always hitting full if I hit it. 

I have a sm7 50, 54 and 58.

There have been times in the past that I carried a pw that was a vokey also. Now I just use the one that matches my irons.

Edited: 12/5/19 9:51 PM
1/1/01
Animal Chin -
Ze Dano -
Matrix - 
Jack Mahogoff -

For some reason I always forget about TM's when it comes to wedges. Heard anything about pings? I have those i500's and I love them. I'm not even sure ping makes a blade style wedge.

I'm sure AC will poo poo my suggestion, but the Wilson Staff PMP wedges are every bit as good as a Vokey.

Lol.

No sir. If you like them and they work for you they are the best out there. 

Great way of putting it, man

12/5/19 10:06 PM
7/15/11

^ yeah I need to go and hit a bunch of brands and ignore what I'm hitting and just focus on the numbers. I'm a "brand man" too often lol.

Brotha I played some of the best golf of my life in Guam with some Hogan Edges. This was in 2006-2009 and the clubs were from the mid 90's. If you feel comfortable... That's all that matters.

12/6/19 5:51 PM
9/13/08
Matrix -

^ yeah I need to go and hit a bunch of brands and ignore what I'm hitting and just focus on the numbers. I'm a "brand man" too often lol.

Brotha I played some of the best golf of my life in Guam with some Hogan Edges. This was in 2006-2009 and the clubs were from the mid 90's. If you feel comfortable... That's all that matters.

Used to play vokeys, and a few years back when to callaway. They are much better for me. Don't know if it makes sense because I can't seem to find any comfort with any other iron than callaway. Had AP's, i500's and never felt in control. Went back to epic pro's and life is good again.....

12/6/19 5:53 PM
7/15/11
Billco -
Matrix -

Used to play vokeys, and a few years back when to callaway. They are much better for me. Don't know if it makes sense because I can't seem to find any comfort with any other iron than callaway. Had AP's, i500's and never felt in control. Went back to epic pro's and life is good again.....

You bought them again?!

12/6/19 7:08 PM
10/19/12
Chomas -

Do you guys use the approach wedge from your iron set, or do you use something else?  I like the approach to match my irons because thats a club I'm always hitting full if I hit it. 

My theory is if you're just hitting full shots with it, the a wedge should be perfect for you. I have found that if you have a vokey 50 and a set 50, the set one is usually a bit longer. Seems like with whatever technology is in your irons, it keeps the distances perfect.  I was using a 50 degree epon wedge but switched to a set wedge and gained about 5 yards. All specs equal. 

12/7/19 9:50 AM
9/13/08
Matrix -
Billco -
Matrix -

You bought them again?!

Yep. They had one set left at GG, and said fuck it. 

my indecision cost me a few grand between 3 sets within a year lol.......

12/7/19 9:52 AM
7/15/11
Billco -
Matrix -
Billco -
Matrix -

You bought them again?!

Yep. They had one set left at GG, and said fuck it. 

my indecision cost me a few grand between 3 sets within a year lol.......

Once again... I HAD SOME TO SELL!!! Lol like I would've unloaded them for cheap.

12/7/19 11:03 AM
7/15/11

Bill, did you ever try the AP3's? I was between them and the i500's.