OtherGround Forums Paris is a shithole

10 days ago
3/25/12

Been here for a day and find it too be a dirty skanky shithole. London was much nicer. 

That is all. 

10 days ago
11/10/18

It’s getting worse by the year. 10 years ago it was quite different than today.

10 days ago
8/17/05

I heard it used to be beautiful

10 days ago
3/18/02

fuck Ive always wanted to visit france and the french countryside.  Im giving it a long hard look right now and thinking maybe south america is a better choice for the next big vacation I take. Maybe Argentina..

10 days ago
1/1/15

Too many refugees.

10 days ago
3/25/12
BigEyedFish -

fuck Ive always wanted to visit france and the french countryside.  Im giving it a long hard look right now and thinking maybe south america is a better choice for the next big vacation I take. Maybe Argentina..

The countryside might be beautiful. But Paris is crap. 

10 days ago
1/1/01
Are we talking the person or the city?

Guess it doesn't matter. Either way you'd need a shot to clear up what you'd get from either
10 days ago
7/27/13

It's been culturally enriched.

And if you don't like it you're a genocidal racist pig!

Edited: 10 days ago
12/18/03
BigEyedFish - 

Dude, France is awesome... Just drive right past Paris and enjoy!

10/29/15

Agreed... love London, hate Paris.

Where u going next? Business or pleasure?

10 days ago
12/14/15

It’s basically a haven for Islamic refugees. Which explains the shit hole it’s become. 

3/25/12

I’m just here on pleasure. Visiting my brother who lives out of London. 

I’m in line for the Catacombes now. It’s fucking freezing. I’m from Brisbane so not used to the cold. After a few days in Paris I’m back to London then home

10 days ago
3/19/04

Sad to hear. I was there for a week and a half in ‘99 and I loved it.

10 days ago
12/29/03

Damn, we wanted to go next year.

That bad huh?

10 days ago
1/13/04

Not sure if you can make it to Croatia for a few days but if you can, I highly recommend it..

https://www.timeout.com/croatia/news/croatia-ranked-22nd-safest-country-in-the-world-013019

Croatia ranked 22nd safest country in the world

Share Tweet

By Marc Rowlands Posted: Wednesday January 30 2019, 3:29pm

© Paul Prescott

Croatia has been ranked at 22 in a newly published list of the world's safest countries. The 2019 list has been compiled by New York-based Global Finance. The magazine weighed up three essential factors to compile the list; war and peace, personal security, and risk of natural disaster.

The top 20 safest countries in the world were all European countries who have developed economies and healthcare systems, with Qatar, Singapore, New Zealand, and Canada being the only non-European countries in the top 20.

ADVERTISING

Croatia ranked at 22, a significantly higher placing than some European countries like France (36), the UK (38), Italy (40), Bosnia and Herzegovina (56), Greece (57) and Serbia (58). The United States ranked 65 on the list, Turkey at 107 and Russia at 108.

The most unsafe countries in the world were those ravaged by combinations or extreme experiences of war, crime and/or natural disasters, with the Philippines ranked the world's most unsafe country, followed by Yemen, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nigeria and Pakistan.

Croatia's high ranking should come as no surprise to the country's residents, whose streets are regarded as incredibly safe places despite not having as visible a police presence as in other European countries. Murders and reported instances of sexual assault or rape are extremely rare in the country in comparison to other countries, including much of Europe.

In Croatian villages, it is extremely common for people to not lock their front doors or even their cars. You can even commonly see this in some of Croatia's major cities such as Osijek, which is so crime free that it appears 90% of police time is spent on driving, bicycling and pedestrian infractions, the latter two presumably frustrated by Osijek having Europe's slowest changing semafori (traffic lights).

Croatia's extremely low risk of natural disasters also assists the high ranking. The country's universal obsession with papu?e (slippers) and elderly relatives who insist on closing windows helps to protect against Croatia's only real natural disaster waiting-to-happen, propuh (drafts). Despite the frightening folklore continuously repeated by window-closing, elderly relatives, death from propuh in Croatia is extremely rare.

10 days ago
11/28/08
Graduate1 -

Not sure if you can make it to Croatia for a few days but if you can, I highly recommend it..

https://www.timeout.com/croatia/news/croatia-ranked-22nd-safest-country-in-the-world-013019

Croatia ranked 22nd safest country in the world

Share Tweet

By Marc Rowlands Posted: Wednesday January 30 2019, 3:29pm

© Paul Prescott

Croatia has been ranked at 22 in a newly published list of the world's safest countries. The 2019 list has been compiled by New York-based Global Finance. The magazine weighed up three essential factors to compile the list; war and peace, personal security, and risk of natural disaster.

The top 20 safest countries in the world were all European countries who have developed economies and healthcare systems, with Qatar, Singapore, New Zealand, and Canada being the only non-European countries in the top 20.

ADVERTISING

Croatia ranked at 22, a significantly higher placing than some European countries like France (36), the UK (38), Italy (40), Bosnia and Herzegovina (56), Greece (57) and Serbia (58). The United States ranked 65 on the list, Turkey at 107 and Russia at 108.

The most unsafe countries in the world were those ravaged by combinations or extreme experiences of war, crime and/or natural disasters, with the Philippines ranked the world's most unsafe country, followed by Yemen, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nigeria and Pakistan.

Croatia's high ranking should come as no surprise to the country's residents, whose streets are regarded as incredibly safe places despite not having as visible a police presence as in other European countries. Murders and reported instances of sexual assault or rape are extremely rare in the country in comparison to other countries, including much of Europe.

In Croatian villages, it is extremely common for people to not lock their front doors or even their cars. You can even commonly see this in some of Croatia's major cities such as Osijek, which is so crime free that it appears 90% of police time is spent on driving, bicycling and pedestrian infractions, the latter two presumably frustrated by Osijek having Europe's slowest changing semafori (traffic lights).

Croatia's extremely low risk of natural disasters also assists the high ranking. The country's universal obsession with papu?e (slippers) and elderly relatives who insist on closing windows helps to protect against Croatia's only real natural disaster waiting-to-happen, propuh (drafts). Despite the frightening folklore continuously repeated by window-closing, elderly relatives, death from propuh in Croatia is extremely rare.

Don’t joke around about drafts. They are the cause of every ailment known to man.

10 days ago
1/13/04

^ ^ True story according to my mom and her generation. Now if you want to see real 200 km/h "drafts", Croatia has that also (Senj, Croatia)..

10 days ago
4/27/06
I was there 20+ years ago and thought it smelled like piss everywhere you turn. We even had to step over piss trails when walking along the river.

10 days ago
11/4/10

Paris is a disgusting shit hole

10 days ago
5/1/14

Never had any desire to go to France. This just shores that idea up.

10 days ago
1/1/01

It's lovely but disgusting at the same time.

10 days ago
3/25/12

10 days ago
7/27/13

Always wanted to go to France and Sweden... not anymore unfortunately. 

10 days ago
10/29/15
triforce -

Always wanted to go to France and Sweden... not anymore unfortunately. 

I lived in Malmo for 5 years, problems are real but its super segregated. If you stay in the nice places its lovely.

Catacombs look amazing OP, enjoy!

10 days ago
11/19/08

OP is showing his white, cis-gendered patriarchy with this thread...