OtherGround Forums Peloton Owners!

16 days ago
9/13/06

Still going strong 11 months in.  I switched it up from Dennis Morton to Alex Tusaunt (sp?).  Anybody still riding?  Anybody have questions?

16 days ago
6/28/10

16 days ago
9/13/06

New Years is just around the corner.  This is a great product to get your fitness goals started.  

16 days ago
1/13/11

Do you suit up in full Zned gear and ride in your living room?  

Ever ride with the windows open and hear a passerby cheer you with a “Go Lance!”?

16 days ago
10/21/09

I support anything that keeps people exercising in their house. I drive for a living and can't fucking stand goddamn distracting joggers and cyclists

16 days ago
9/13/06

No, I don’t suit up.  I usually just wear running shorts and a T-shirt.  I have never gathered a crowd nor garnered a cheer.

16 days ago
1/1/01
Peloton... lol. This is the OG. We are human dynamos who fight the power of the wind, and we only ride ASSAULT BIKES. Well, an 83 Schwinn AD3 for me, but it's just like an Assault Bike. I might paint it black.

Saw an ad for Peloton recently. Their marketing is so annoying, lol. A little montage of a good looking white woman achieving ultimate life-changing happiness via receiving 3000 dollar exercise bike for Christmas from boyfriend/husband. "The instructor said my name, OMG!"
16 days ago
9/13/06

They are not cheap, but it’s the experience that is worth the money.  Good instructors, accurate metrics, and best of all, competition.  It’s all there anytime you want it.  It is worth every penny.  

16 days ago
1/1/01
58 likes, 200 dislikes. Comments disabled, lol.

"They are not cheap, but it's the experience that is worth the money. Good instructors, accurate metrics, and best of all, competition. It's all there anytime you want it. It is worth every penny."

Sounds like it's a quality product. Definitely for a niche that I'm not part of though. Be a good trophy wife investment.
16 days ago
12/10/09

Was still riding but currently have a knee injury. Hope to get back soon. 

16 days ago
10/14/03
PeteyWheatstraw - 58 likes, 200 dislikes. Comments disabled, lol.

"They are not cheap, but it's the experience that is worth the money. Good instructors, accurate metrics, and best of all, competition. It's all there anytime you want it. It is worth every penny."

Sounds like it's a quality product. Definitely for a niche that I'm not part of though. Be a good trophy wife investment.

With my luck she would ask if I was calling her fat.
16 days ago
9/13/06
scrapdo -

Was still riding but currently have a knee injury. Hope to get back soon. 

Get well soon

16 days ago
10/2/03

We got one 3 weeks ago.  I’m about 15 rides in and loving it.  The digital metrics really help keep you in the game. 

16 days ago
12/18/07

I like my Peloton, but I find I can't hang as much laundry on it as I can my Bowflex...

16 days ago
1/1/01
Kip Kinkle - 

I like my Peloton, but I find I can't hang as much laundry on it as I can my Bowflex...

lol.
16 days ago
11/27/16

Need to pick it back up, but I like the treadmill classes better than riding the bike

16 days ago
8/5/13

I'll stick to my bowflex treadclimber since I'm not a lesbian.

16 days ago
1/1/01

I love mine.  It’s great for a quick 30 min workout before the family is awake in the morning. 

Mark

15 days ago
11/13/14

Why wouldn't your trainer be a female?

15 days ago
1/1/01
i'm missing something here but why couldn't you just get a stationary bike and run some youtube videos for cheaper?

15 days ago
2/15/13

Can you watch the classes live in real time? Or are they all recorded?

15 days ago
9/13/06
Kwang -

Why wouldn't your trainer be a female?

My first thought was to pick the hottest trainer, and then you realize that their WOs are typically weaker and their playlists are geared more towards women.  The male instructors are typically creating content geared towards men.

15 days ago
8/20/02

The marketing is genius, after pricing it fairly and it didn’t take off, they jacked the price through the roof and they started flying off the shelf. People love EXPENSIVE shit. 

If it works for you though all the power to you. It does seem like a cool concept but fuck paying that kind of money to ride a bike. I have a used spin bike that works fine and YouTube’s free.

15 days ago
9/13/06
yusul - i'm missing something here but why couldn't you just get a stationary bike and run some youtube videos for cheaper?

Yes, you are.  I’ll try to break it down.  

The bike keeps track of the following metrics:

Cadence - rpm for the pedals

Resistencs - self-explanatory

Output - The two combined = output, this is also what is used to create the leader board

HR - if you connect a monitor 

Miles and Miles/hour 

Calories burned

All the metrics are tracked digitally.  The instructors will always provide recommended cadence and resistance ranges, and sometimes they will give you an output goal.  All of this info shows up on the screen as well, so above your cadence metric it will provide the range to be in (helpful when you get dog tired).  Also, the music on the playlist is always the same tempo as the cadence to help you stay on rhythm.  

Leaders board - If you are taking a class live, you can see the total output of anybody present.  If you are taking it as an archieved class, you can see everybody taking at the same time, and everybody that has ever taken it.  Depending on what motivates you, this may be the best feature.  I always find myself competing against other riders and this motivates me.  For instance, last night I went back and forth with another rider in a live class.  He passed me and sent me a high-five.  That really pissed me off so I made sure to stay with him and then I made my move to pass him at the 2:00 remaining mark and high-fived him as I passed him up.  The leader board is extremely motivating.  

Other features are also great.  You can take doagnostic tests to set “power zone” levels.  These will be displayed during rides helping you push yourself without burning out too fast.  Following powerzones is an awesome way to improve.  Additionally, all your rides and metrics are saved to track and look at later.  There are lots of competitions you can sign up for monthly to hit a certain number of classes or a certain number of miles.  One fun feature I just found is following people, so if you have friends with pelotons you can meet up in classes and compete, or just keep track of the other persons data and provide motivation.  

There are so many awesome features with the monthly subscription that make the Pelton awesome.  Besides the video, none of it can be replicated via YouTube.  

The bike itself is high quality as well.  Probably not $2500 high quality, but, that’s the cost to get the amazing content, and it’s well worth it.  I have never found anybody that actually uses it that doesn’t love it.  

15 days ago
9/13/06

**I realize I used “awesome” too much above.  I partially blame the shitty app because you cannot scroll back and proofread anything and a long post is virtually impossible to edit, especially if it involves quoting another post.  

I feel like Kendall Roy’s date on Succession.