OtherGround Forums Peloton Owners!

15 days ago
9/13/06
Mark Antony's hangover -

Can you watch the classes live in real time? Or are they all recorded?

Both.  If you like an instructor but miss their class you can retake it from the archieve at any time.  Everybody that ever took the class will appear on the leaderboard and you can also filter to just see those taking the archieved class at the same time.  

One other cool feature on the leaderboard is that it will also show your own PR as an entity you can compete against.  

15 days ago
9/13/06
Palmala Handerson -

The marketing is genius, after pricing it fairly and it didn’t take off, they jacked the price through the roof and they started flying off the shelf. People love EXPENSIVE shit. 

If it works for you though all the power to you. It does seem like a cool concept but fuck paying that kind of money to ride a bike. I have a used spin bike that works fine and YouTube’s free.

I have no clue why people are so offended by their marketing.  Although the price went up, the strategy worked, and as a result, the content and interface have evolved rapidly making it likely worth the new price.

Youtube is okay, but I doubt any people will have the drive to stay motivated that way.  If workouts aren’t fun, most people will stop doing it.  Peloton riders stick with it for years.  

15 days ago
7/26/07

Peloton commercials are the most pretentious thing ive seen lol

15 days ago
12/10/09
snookerbank -

I'll stick to my bowflex treadclimber since I'm not a lesbian.

Speak for yourself. I’m definitely a lesbo

15 days ago
3/27/03

Peloton CEO: Sales increased after we raised prices to $2,245 per bike

15 days ago
3/27/03
GentileLarryDavid -
Palmala Handerson -

The marketing is genius, after pricing it fairly and it didn’t take off, they jacked the price through the roof and they started flying off the shelf. People love EXPENSIVE shit. 

If it works for you though all the power to you. It does seem like a cool concept but fuck paying that kind of money to ride a bike. I have a used spin bike that works fine and YouTube’s free.

I have no clue why people are so offended by their marketing.  Although the price went up, the strategy worked, and as a result, the content and interface have evolved rapidly making it likely worth the new price.

Youtube is okay, but I doubt any people will have the drive to stay motivated that way.  If workouts aren’t fun, most people will stop doing it.  Peloton riders stick with it for years.  

That’s a lot of “content and interface”

suckers 

15 days ago
9/13/06
jacktripper -
GentileLarryDavid -
Palmala Handerson -

suckers 

If you are motivated and find yourself using it on a regular basis then it is well worth the investment on your health.  If you are getting exercise in some other manner, then that is also awesome.  I would say that a couple grand is a small ammount to invest in your health.  

15 days ago
3/27/03
GentileLarryDavid -
jacktripper -
GentileLarryDavid -
Palmala Handerson -

suckers 

If you are motivated and find yourself using it on a regular basis then it is well worth the investment on your health.  If you are getting exercise in some other manner, then that is also awesome.  I would say that a couple grand is a small ammount to invest in your health.  

Interesting “logic”

15 days ago
9/29/13
Palmala Handerson -

There was a funny trend going on about people making fun of the placement of the bikes in the homes on the commercials.  Who has a fucking solarium? Hahah

15 days ago
3/16/18

Why don’t you just ride outside. On a real bike?

15 days ago
2/17/07

Which is douchier...Peloton or the mirror thing that’s getting advertised now? 

15 days ago
1/1/01
Real Muthaphuckkin G - 

I do both.

But, its much much easier to ride a quick 30-45 mins in the morning before I shower.  In January.

Mark

15 days ago
9/13/06
Real Muthaphuckkin G -

I prefer the spin classes to riding outside.  I just walk to the bike, hop and and ride for 30 minutes to an hour with hundreds to thousands of other people, and it involves no preparation.  

15 days ago
1/1/01
GentileLarryDavid - 
Mark Antony's hangover -

Both.  If you like an instructor but miss their class you can retake it from the archieve at any time.  Everybody that ever took the class will appear on the leaderboard and you can also filter to just see those taking the archieved class at the same time.  

One other cool feature on the leaderboard is that it will also show your own PR as an entity you can compete against.  

I do that quite a bit.  Try to push against my 30-45 min PR.

I'll also go back and retake some classes I use as a baseline.  It lets me gauge my improvement periodically.

Mark

15 days ago
1/1/01
yusul - i'm missing something here but why couldn't you just get a stationary bike and run some youtube videos for cheaper?

You can.  But you don't get the feedback and metrics.

Mark

15 days ago
1/1/01
GentileLarryDavid - 

Still going strong 11 months in.  I switched it up from Dennis Morton to Alex Tusaunt (sp?).  Anybody still riding?  Anybody have questions?

Jess King is my boo.  Tiddies for days, son.

Mark

15 days ago
9/13/06
Mark1 -
GentileLarryDavid - 
Mark Antony's hangover -

I'll also go back and retake some classes I use as a baseline.  It lets me gauge my improvement periodically.

Mark

Do you keep your power zone metrics current?  

15 days ago
1/1/01
GentileLarryDavid - 
Mark1 -
GentileLarryDavid - 
Mark Antony's hangover -

Mark

No.  I haven't done the Power zone intro yet.  I am thinking about doing it over the winter.  I wanna race a big MTB race next fall so I want to have a stronger base built for spring.

Mark

15 days ago
2/25/17

My gym has two Expresso bikes. I love those things. I I do 20 mile mountain races. The bikes have finger shifters and the handle bars turn so it’s a little more realistic. When climbing a hill it’s actually harder to peddle so you have to down shift

15 days ago
9/13/06
Mark1 -
GentileLarryDavid - 
Mark1 -
GentileLarryDavid - 
Mark Antony's hangover -

Mark

No.  I haven't done the Power zone intro yet.  I am thinking about doing it over the winter.  I wanna race a big MTB race next fall so I want to have a stronger base built for spring.

Mark

Just knock it our ASAP.  Once complete it will provide an additional metric on the screen that helps you gauge your output over time.  This is helpful regardless of the ride.  However, if you use the PZ specific rides, they are designed specifically to increase your average output.  Instead of using cadence or resistance, you use zones.  

15 days ago
1/1/01
GentileLarryDavid -
Mark1 -
GentileLarryDavid - 
Mark1 -
GentileLarryDavid - 
Mark Antony's hangover -

Mark

Mark

Just knock it our ASAP.  Once complete it will provide an additional metric on the screen that helps you gauge your output over time.  This is helpful regardless of the ride.  However, if you use the PZ specific rides, they are designed specifically to increase your average output.  Instead of using cadence or resistance, you use zones.  

I plan on doing one of the power zone programs.  

Mark

15 days ago
11/5/03

No to peleton but I've been doing spin class regularly for 4 months, after hurting my shoulder lifting too heavy (and getting a bit bored of it).

I'd like to say class is full of hot girls but it really isn't. It is very very hard though if you do it at the level that's being dictated. Of course you can make it as easy as you want by dialing back the resistance. 

I get full blown runner's high pretty much every time. 

There is a couple of dudes who show up in full cycling gear (bibs / shorts) which while very useful on an actual bike with typical race saddle for multiple hours long rides, is absolutely not needed for 60 minutes on seats designed for middle aged women. 

Basketball shorts and t shirt for me. 

15 days ago
11/5/03
GentileLarryDavid -
jacktripper -
GentileLarryDavid -
Palmala Handerson -

suckers 

But it also costs nothing to bash people with a lot of disposable income who spend it on things others consider frivilous! Look how good it's making jacktripper feel to sit in judgment as arbiter of the "suckers". 

15 days ago
9/13/06
iclimb513 -
GentileLarryDavid -
jacktripper -
GentileLarryDavid -
Palmala Handerson -

suckers 

But it also costs nothing to bash people with a lot of disposable income who spend it on things others consider frivilous! Look how good it's making jacktripper feel to sit in judgment as arbiter of the "suckers". 

The world needs morons, at least for now.  I’m sure AI will make th em obsolete, but they will be too dumb to figure that out.  

15 days ago
1/1/01

Does anybody have the Peloton treadmill? While I recognize the exercise benefit of cycling, I just don’t like doing it. I’ve NEVER been on a stationary that didn’t hurt my ass. Mind you, I’ve never used a Peloton so it’s possible I could change my opinion with all the metrics/competition features. 

But the treadmill intrigues me more, except for the fact that it’s more expensive than the bike, IIRC.