OtherGround Forums Peloton Owners!

15 days ago
9/13/06
MattyJ -
Mark1 -
GentileLarryDavid - 
WaltJ -
Palmala Handerson -

The marketing is genius, after pricing it fairly and it didn’t take off, they jacked the price through the roof and they started flying off the shelf. People love EXPENSIVE shit. 

If it works for you though all the power to you. It does seem like a cool concept but fuck paying that kind of money to ride a bike. I have a used spin bike that works fine and YouTube’s free.

I like the concept a lot, and expected to see the high initial price tag,  I really did, but what kills me for some reason is the $30 a mlm month you have to spend after all the other money you just got done spending.

Has anyone tried any Peloton alternatives?

Technically it’s $40, but for what you get it trumps most any other fitness subscription.  There are actual live spin classes, usually 10+ every single day.  There are also thousands of archived classes you can access 24/7.  I don’t know what it costs to join a live spin gym, but I would guess it’s more than $40/month.  The $40 covers the entire household.  Well, technically you can share with family or friends if they have a bike since 3 devices can be logged into one account simultaneously.  I’m not sure what the max number of accounts/bike is, but I have read about people with 6, and I know that hotels and apartment complexes have them, so in reality it could be more. The kicker is, you don’t even have to leave the house, so you are also saving considerable time and stress by eliminating a commute.  

The upfront cost is steep, but you are getting a top of the line spin bike (there are spin bikes that cost $2k alone) a large touchscreen interface with Bluetooth capabilities for headphones and HR monitors, and a top notch clip in shoe and pedal.  It’s really not that bad.

I did the math for you above.

Spin classes in my area are about $60mth for 1 class a week, $110 for 2, and $149 for unlimited

Mark

So a spin class is $15? I’m in the uk and pay £18 a month for a gym membership which includes spin classes and others in addition to use of the gym 

What happens if you miss a class with your favorite instructor?  Will they redo the class just for you later in the day when you are finished?

11 days ago
4/27/14

That new Peloton commercial above is creeping a lot of people out. She looks like she's terrified of her husband, who gave his already skinny wife a weight loss bike that she apparently didn't ask for, and she's so afraid that he will criticize her that she keeps a video log to show him that she really is using it.

11 days ago
4/20/02

It's odd that people find it creepy that a wife would want to please her husband.

11 days ago
4/27/14
oblongo - 

It's odd that people find it creepy that a wife would want to please her husband.

11 days ago
11/21/19

This ad is just plain weird.

11 days ago
4/20/02

Dude has a hot, thin wife who wants to keep herself hot and thin for him. The commercial sells the product but it also sells a good message.

11 days ago
4/17/15
oblongo -

Dude has a hot, thin wife who wants to keep herself hot and thin for him. The commercial sells the product but it also sells a good message.

Edgy bro. There's no actual chicks here to troll btw 

11 days ago
4/27/14

"You'll lose that last 5 pounds of water weight, or you'll get to spend some time in the Special Room, honey. And I want a video log to prove that you're putting in a workout every day. Even if you have to get up before sunrise to do it."

11 days ago
11/21/19
The Stewed Owl -

"You'll lose that last 5 pounds of water weight, or you'll get to spend some time in the Special Room, honey. And I want a video log to prove that you're putting in a workout every day. Even if you have to get up before sunrise to do it."

...and then in a year I expect you to show us the whole vlog on our big screen TV. And be sure your trainers are all women.

Or else.

11 days ago
1/1/01
The Stewed Owl - 

That new Peloton commercial above is creeping a lot of people out. She looks like she's terrified of her husband, who gave his already skinny wife a weight loss bike that she apparently didn't ask for, and she's so afraid that he will criticize her that she keeps a video log to show him that she really is using it.

lol. I didn't even think of those angles. They just seemed like annoying, corny, suburban assholes to me.

But yeah, she does look scared shitless and like her whole self worth is hinging on using the expensive bike to be skinny so her husband won't kill her. lol.

I think they just wanted her to look like an amazed child at Christmas but it came out all weird and fucked up. 8.5K dislikes to 1.5K likes at this point, so yep, the ad sucks.
11 days ago
5/2/02
PeteyWheatstraw -
The Stewed Owl - 

lol. I didn't even think of those angles. They just seemed like annoying, corny, suburban assholes to me.

But yeah, she does look scared shitless and like her whole self worth is hinging on using the expensive bike to be skinny so her husband won't kill her. lol.

I think they just wanted her to look like an amazed child at Christmas but it came out all weird and fucked up. 8.5K dislikes to 1.5K likes at this point, so yep, the ad sucks.

Well that’s hilarious 

Edited: 10 days ago
7/26/07

Peloton ads are incredibly pretentious and douchey

not sure if thats the vibe they were going for or not. If it is, homerun.

How about the other one with the jerkwad riding his peloton christmas morning before his family wakes up. And his kid comes down the stairs to his sweaty, douche-face dad giving him a look like “good morning you little shit, while you were doing something worthless like sleep, i was getting my peloton in!  Now sit there and stare at the christmas tree while i go take a shower”

How narcissistic can you get?

10 days ago
9/13/06
Chimonos Revenge -

How about the other one with the jerkwad riding his peloton christmas morning before his family wakes up. And his kid comes down the stairs to his sweaty, douche-face dad giving him a look like “good morning you little shit, while you were doing something worthless like sleep, i was getting my peloton in!  Now sit there and stare at the christmas tree while i go take a shower”

I know what you are saying.  I personally love diet Mountain Dew, but then I saw this MD commercial with Migos riding gold tricycles through a mansion and I was like “drinking dew makes me a shitty person.”

10 days ago
4/27/14

10 days ago
1/1/01
GentileLarryDavid - 
Chimonos Revenge -

I know what you are saying.  I personally love diet Mountain Dew, but then I saw this MD commercial with Migos riding gold tricycles through a mansion and I was like “drinking dew makes me a shitty person.”

lol. I used to love Diet MD too. That commercial sounds hilarious. Fuck Migos.

I found an off-brand fake Diet Mountain Dew that tastes better, imo. AND cost about half as much. Problem solved. Cliffside Mist for life.
10 days ago
5/22/05
You see quite a few late 20s white girls who use a yoga or crossfit etc. obsession to fill a hole in their lives. I think that's what creeps people out about the ad.
10 days ago
1/1/01
Hey GentleLarry, did you ever get your name called out by one of the online instructors like in the commercial? Did you react in the same manner?

Can you comment back in any way? I'd want to let everyone know when the warrior's about to bust loose.
10 days ago
7/30/14

They lost $1.5bn in value after that ad came out. Someone’s getting shitcanned.

10 days ago
10/15/13

OP: Laziest Peloton Salesman eva!

10 days ago
10/15/13

Hey OG, imagine walking your Wife down the stairs on Christmas morn and "Wa-La'ing" her with an exercise bike. Especially if your Wife is 5'11 and 118 lbs. And you give her that look that says "get on there fatty"

10 days ago
1/1/01
PeteyWheatstraw - Hey GentleLarry, did you ever get your name called out by one of the online instructors like in the commercial? Did you react in the same manner?

Can you comment back in any way? I'd want to let everyone know when the warrior's about to bust loose.

This reminds me- I haven’t gotten my Century Ride shirt yet. 

How am I gonna let the world know I own a Peloton without it?  Am I expected to continue to casually drop unrealated comments into conversations?  Sounds exhausting. 

Mark

10 days ago
9/13/06
PeteyWheatstraw - Hey GentleLarry, did you ever get your name called out by one of the online instructors like in the commercial? Did you react in the same manner?

No, but I will try to for my 200.  The real question is, what should I change my screen name to?

Big_P_Ness (I think this one may be too obvious, but would be funny if I could get them to give me a shout out)

Big_Drew_Peacock (I think this would go over lots of peoples heads)

Whay do you think?  

10 days ago
6/28/10
Mark1 -

How am I gonna let the world know I own a Peloton without it?  Am I expected to continue to casually drop unrealated comments into conversations?  Sounds exhausting. 

Mark

One of the only peloton riders on the forums happens to be one of the only douches that takes the time to sign his posts.  Well....I'm surprised.

10 days ago
1/1/01
BrckNoHitBk -
Mark1 -

Mark

One of the only peloton riders on the forums happens to be one of the only douches that takes the time to sign his posts.  Well....I'm surprised.

Yes, but you haven’t helped me solve my problem. 

Mark

10 days ago
1/1/01
The Stewed Owl -

it uses the bike or it gets the hose again