OtherGround Forums People are complaining about Cleopatra casting.

7 days ago
5/23/12

I saw someone on my facebook all pissed off because they cast Gal Gadot as Cleopatra. They are saying that a black person should be playing the role. This makes no sense to me, Cleopatra was mostly greek with some Persian and Syrian ancestry. So when it comes down to it Gal most likely is not far off from what she looks like. 

But I saw tons of comments to the post agreeing that they should not have cast Gal in the role.  

Am I crazy or is this a stupid thing to get mad about?

7 days ago
1/1/01

First day on the internet huh?

Mark

7 days ago
11/28/08

Edited: 7 days ago
2/23/05

This thread makes me miss Homeslice

7 days ago
5/23/12
Mark1 -

Mark

I do not think someone that signs their posts like it is still 1995 gets to make a comment like that. 

7 days ago
5/8/13

Skin color may be similar, but by all accounts she’s wasn’t some knockout like gal, she just knew how to use her power and sexuality before other women did. 

7 days ago
4/22/03
Passive Jay -
Mark1 -

Mark

I do not think someone that signs their posts like it is still 1995 gets to make a comment like that. 

Lol

7 days ago
10/29/15

OP is a racist

7 days ago
11/19/05

You are correct, Jay.  She is in the line of greek and macdeon rulers.  She probably had redish hair. She was zero percent african.

7 days ago
1/12/07

Movie should have enough slaves to make the diversity quota for the awards.

7 days ago
9/26/10

signing posts is not a 1995 thing. it is a mark thing. lol

and how dare you question the woke mob, Jay!

WAKE UP!

7 days ago
2/4/07

One of the stated goals of the left is to eliminate "whiteness," which includes deemphasizing "the primacy of Western (Greek, Roman) tradition/history.

7 days ago
7/10/12

Wasn’t Cleopatra and ugly fat dog in real life?

7 days ago
4/20/02
Rabid Bunyip -

Wasn’t Cleopatra and ugly fat dog in real life?

Most of the accounts of her come from well after her death. The few accounts that are contemporary or close to her life describe her as a woman of average physical looks, but a great deal of charisma.

But then one Arab writer described Gadot as "bland looking," so maybe she's a good choice.

7 days ago
11/28/03

lefties look for reasons to be offended  and make a scene

7 days ago
7/5/13

She was one of the people complaining with her “imagine” bullshit. I don’t really feel bad that it came back on her. 

that said, I think she is a beautiful woman and a fine actress. She did great in Wonder Woman. 

7 days ago
3/2/09
Passive Jay -

I saw someone on my facebook all pissed off because they cast Gal Gadot as Cleopatra. They are saying that a black person should be playing the role. This makes no sense to me, Cleopatra was mostly greek with some Persian and Syrian ancestry. So when it comes down to it Gal most likely is not far off from what she looks like. 

But I saw tons of comments to the post agreeing that they should not have cast Gal in the role.  

They are saying that a black person should be playing the role.

And who are "they"?  You didn't post a link to anything. 

7 days ago
6/11/13

I don't understand how people are so dumb these days to believe everyone in Africa is black. 

I guess Ptolemy was black too, and Achilles. Thats called a lack of education.

7 days ago
6/11/13
Sandy Pantz -

One of the stated goals of the left is to eliminate "whiteness," which includes deemphasizing "the primacy of Western (Greek, Roman) tradition/history.

Well, they need to give up a lot of shit. Considering they are benefiting from a huge portion of what the deem as white culture. 

I wonder if they can explain what they want to take its place? 

7 days ago
11/15/04

What do actual Egyptians think?

7 days ago
5/22/06
Dajuisher -
Passive Jay -
Mark1 -

Mark

Lol

Serious question Mark

Do you actually type out Mark after every post or do you have some kind of signature app on your phone?

7 days ago
5/23/12
MPA -
Passive Jay -

Try reading my post again. 

Edited: 7 days ago
11/19/05
LiveWire -

What do actual Egyptians think?

nahn la nueti allaenat wahidatan , ya sidiqi.

7 days ago
11/19/05
MPA -
Passive Jay -

People on his facebook, milkshitter.  read. 

7 days ago
8/17/13
Passive Jay -
Mark1 -

Mark

TRT Jay :)