OtherGround Forums People that drink for no reason

10 days ago
9/19/19

I drink maybe once every few months, if that. And I don't get shitfaced or staggering drunk maybe just a warm buzz. You see these losers at work every friday, they cannot wait to get out and go get hammered. Some of them even drink on regular days like Tuesday, Thursday . They aren't happy with their lives or they're too weak and can't handle life. I'm thinking "what are you celebrating" when you get drunk every week? Being a mediocre person? By 40 years old you can see the years of drinking on their face. Their faces are bloated, saggy, dark eye lids, cracks everywhere, just sad sacks of shit that would better off be put out of their misery.

10 days ago
3/15/06
I'm convinced that people who drink often and heavily must feel something I don't feel when drinking. It must have a different affect on them. I kind of wish it was as awesome for me as it is for them.
10 days ago
9/19/19
CuddleBug - I'm convinced that people who drink often and heavily must feel something I don't feel when drinking. It must have a different affect on them. I kind of wish it was as awesome for me as it is for them.

Its not, they feel the same thing. Their lives are so shitty and meaningless that the only way to enjoy themselves is to have their mind altered.

10 days ago
7/11/08

I don’t want to hate on anyone, but when people say we’re going for drinks to celebrate the week at work...I’m thinking wtf are you celebrating?  That you went to work this week?  Go home to your family or lady/man or the gym or anything.  Like I said I get it, but yeah the whole celebrating excuse is lame.

10 days ago
9/19/19
Tru -

I don’t want to hate on anyone, but when people say we’re going for drinks to celebrate the week at work...I’m thinking wtf are you celebrating?  That you went to work this week?  Go home to your family or lady/man or the gym or anything.  Like I said I get it, but yeah the whole celebrating excuse is lame.

Its like they're celebrating mediocrity

10 days ago
1/26/13
El Bandito -
CuddleBug - I'm convinced that people who drink often and heavily must feel something I don't feel when drinking. It must have a different affect on them. I kind of wish it was as awesome for me as it is for them.

Its not, they feel the same thing. Their lives are so shitty and meaningless that the only way to enjoy themselves is to have their mind altered.

Each troll thread is worse than the last. By all means, please give us a window into the regular week of a Bandito.  Teach us, professor!

10 days ago
4/1/10

I love to drink.

I like to comiserate with my peers over cocktails.

Wine with dinner (or just by itself) is a wonderful treat.

I have a bottle of rye in my office, before that it was scotch, and after an especially good or accomplishing, or just plain jacked day, Ill relax in my office, sip a little scotch or rye, and sit back and look over my work while listening to a nice album.

I bounce back and forth. Sometimes I'll have some kind of drink5 days a week, other times Ill only have drinks with dinner on  the weekend.

It ebbs and flows.

I don't drink when I am sad or angry.

10 days ago
10/30/14

Now there’s a guy I want to party with. 

Said no one. 

10 days ago
8/2/16

Last week bashing on weed, this week the drink. Geez you must be the life of the fucking party.

10 days ago
2/25/09

There's always a reason. To get tipsy.

10 days ago
11/17/10

used to get blackout drunk all the time but these days i find it hard to even finsih a beer unless im doing yard work or fishing

even at a bar, i can barely finish a drink and i end up smoking a joint in the car like a high school kid

i WISH i could drink more

10 days ago
11/1/19

Drinking is a problem for people who have addictive personalities. It's a terrible habit. Almost as bad as smoking.

10 days ago
7/15/02

Next weeks thread - “Why do people have sex when not trying to have a baby?” Followed by “Happiness: What’s the point?”

Edited: 10 days ago
10/12/19

So much cuckold pussys on here lately,

"if you smoke weed over 25 you're a loser" blablabla bet you take it up the arse at the parties you go to. 

10 days ago
9/19/19
Yossarian -

Next weeks thread - “Why do people have sex when not trying to have a baby?” Followed by “Happiness: What’s the point?”

If you need to drink or smoke weed to have a good time, you're a loser.

10 days ago
11/17/10
El Bandito -
Yossarian -

If you need to drink or smoke weed to have a good time, you're a loser.

420 for lyfe mannnnnnn

10 days ago
12/16/11

Addiction is a powerful thing. Drugs, alcohol, gambling, posting about the activities of other people constantly for self esteem, all can take over your life.

10 days ago
10/24/19

You have to take care of yourself no matter what lifestyle you choose

With a healthy diet, sleep cycle, water intake, and supplementation, people can indulge regularly and live free of most negative consequences

And trust me, everyone drinks for a reason

10 days ago
11/1/19
trobinson21 -

Addiction is a powerful thing. Drugs, alcohol, gambling, posting about the activities of other people constantly for self esteem, all can take over your life.

Very true.

10 days ago
12/8/14

10 days ago
10/12/19
Theilenmyself -

You have to take care of yourself no matter what lifestyle you choose

With a healthy diet, sleep cycle, water intake, and supplementation, people can indulge regularly and live free of most negative consequences

And trust me, everyone drinks for a reason

Sometimes I just feel like a beer after work too cool off, one and done unless it's Friday. I hate feeling like shit if I have things to do the next day also.

Id say I drink 24 beers over a week. 

10 days ago
1/1/01
Zned - 

I love to drink.

I like to comiserate with my peers over cocktails.

Wine with dinner (or just by itself) is a wonderful treat.

I have a bottle of rye in my office, before that it was scotch, and after an especially good or accomplishing, or just plain jacked day, Ill relax in my office, sip a little scotch or rye, and sit back and look over my work while listening to a nice album.

I bounce back and forth. Sometimes I'll have some kind of drink5 days a week, other times Ill only have drinks with dinner on  the weekend.

It ebbs and flows.

I don't drink when I am sad or angry.

Beat me to it.

I'm 1/2 Italian and 1/4 Irish, so alcohol was always present/normal.

Glass of wine with dinner is about the most normal thing in the world for my family.

Glass of scotch while I'm watching TV puts me right to sleep.

I haven't bee drunk in years.

I don't drink when I'm traveling for business.

Otherwise, enjoy the little things...
10 days ago
11/21/05

No weed, no alcohol, vote democrat, open borders, white people are racist.

That's pretty much your identity on the OG in the month+ you've been here.  Pretty cool!

10 days ago
9/19/19
dhughes -

No weed, no alcohol, vote democrat, open borders, white people are racist.

That's pretty much your identity on the OG in the month+ you've been here.  Pretty cool!

Nope. And I have many conservative ideals as you can see, although I usually vote democrat.

10 days ago
1/1/01

I promise you there are not five people in the world that enjoy spending time with OP and he likely has to pay for sex with women below 250 lbs.