OtherGround Forums PlayerUnknown's Battleground: Xbox 1

12/20/17 1:21 PM
9/22/16
Is anyone here playing on XB1? I'm looking for some pointers. I've had it a couple days, and have gotten into the top 20 a couple times by essentially stealthing, which is fine, as that's how I like to play other FPS games.

However, I simply cannot kill anyone. Ever. A few moments ago I was hiding in a bathroom, with a shotgun, had a police vest on, and surprised a guy coming through the door. I shot him twice at point blank range with the shotguy, and he basically turned around and one-shot me.

Anytime I ambush anyone I get killed, even when I have the element of surprise. Catch a guy running in the open and have him dead-center through my sight? Doesn't matter, he turns around and kills me. See a guy in a building and unload on him through the window? He comes outside and kills me.

I have yet to get a single kill, and am wondering if it's even possible at this point.

What's the deal? I mentioned this to my brother-in-law and he said this issue is why he quit playing on PC.
12/20/17 2:01 PM
7/12/15
tap left trigger to aim down sights or through a scope
12/20/17 2:04 PM
9/22/16
StankieEdgar - tap left trigger to aim down sights or through a scope

Thank you.

I downloaded it from the Xbox Live store, and there are zero instructions. I've got a page open with basic controller functions, but GOD DAMN how bout a tutorial from the developer?

Also, just killed a guy with a shotgun. While I was looting the body, someone headshot me with a M16. Lesson? Skip the loot if you're already well-heeled.
12/20/17 2:10 PM
11/12/07

Use the hold LT high ready for close encounters. I have no chicken dinners but probably 10 top 5s. 

Awilson82 add me and lets go. 

12/20/17 2:14 PM
7/12/15
LovinBakersBalls -
StankieEdgar - tap left trigger to aim down sights or through a scope

Thank you.

I downloaded it from the Xbox Live store, and there are zero instructions. I've got a page open with basic controller functions, but GOD DAMN how bout a tutorial from the developer?

Also, just killed a guy with a shotgun. While I was looting the body, someone headshot me with a M16. Lesson? Skip the loot if you're already well-heeled.
No problem. Aiming that way helped a ton for me. I usually only loot bodies if I'm in a house. Gunshots are loud and people with headphones on will know exactly which direction they came from.
Edited: 12/20/17 2:16 PM
9/2/10

Pretty sure the shotguns are fucked apart from the auto shotty so that might explain why you didn't kill the guy in the first example...

You've got to aim down the sights, make sure you have gun attachments to help try and control the recoil and don't spray, if you play this game like COD you're never going to hit anything unless you're literally on top of someone. 

Move early, don't wait until the last minute for the circle to be on your ass otherwise you'll constantly be under pressure. 

Sound is your friend, even crouching and walking around makes a shit load of noise, people will be listening.

If all that fails get a pan and just try and smash people, or get in a car and go for the road kill that's always worth a laugh.

12/20/17 2:27 PM
9/22/16
Sinead O Connors Nipples - 

Pretty sure the shotguns are fucked apart from the auto shotty so that might explain why you didn't kill the guy in the first example...

You've got to aim down the sights, make sure you have gun attachments to help try and control the recoil and don't spray, if you play this game like COD you're never going to hit anything unless you're literally on top of someone. 

Move early, don't wait until the last minute for the circle to be on your ass otherwise you'll constantly be under pressure. 

Sound is your friend, even crouching and walking around makes a shit load of noise, people will be listening.

If all that fails get a pan and just try and smash people, or get in a car and go for the road kill that's always worth a laugh.

I was road kill around 90 seconds ago :(
12/20/17 2:27 PM
9/22/16
awilson82 - 

Use the hold LT high ready for close encounters. I have no chicken dinners but probably 10 top 5s. 

Awilson82 add me and lets go. 

I'm "JohnUtahBAMF". I have no idea how to invite or add on PUBAG
12/20/17 2:36 PM
2/13/17

I tend to use over the shoulder for shotguns, especially when it's close.  I'll use the ADS for any sort of distance or if I have a rifle/pistol. 

The biggest (and really only) issue with the gun play is that it's optimized for the mouse and Keyboard, so you have to deal with no auto aim and intense aim acceleration.  Makes it super easy to just miss your shots 

12/20/17 2:49 PM
3/16/10

Ive got about 30 chicken dinners on pc.  You just gotta play until you get used to it, just like any shooter.  Once you get farmilair with the maps, you will do better because you can kinda predict where people are gunna be/come from which helps alot.  

Also, you will get fucked more times than not, just gotta be at the right place at the right time.

12/20/17 2:57 PM
9/22/16
Thanks for the advice, guys. Just got a 12th with two kills, my very first two. I simply got to where the final area was going to be right away, then camped an assault rifle (I already had a M16) and killed two guys as the approached, then looted their bodies.

Naturally, I died when trying to low-crawl into the last restricted space, and was run over by a Jeep.

*sigh*
12/20/17 3:50 PM
9/22/16
I seriously haven't moved in 9 real-life minutes on my current game. I love camping, so this totally works for me.
12/20/17 4:00 PM
10/7/11
I'm going to get it this weekend, pretty keen
12/20/17 4:02 PM
6/6/17

Are there vehicles you can pilot in this game?  Like tanks and planes?

12/20/17 4:08 PM
9/2/10
Homeslice -

Nope, bikes, jeeps and cars.

12/20/17 4:10 PM
9/22/16
LovinBakersBalls - I seriously haven't moved in 9 real-life minutes on my current game. I love camping, so this totally works for me.

I just finished 2nd without getting a single kill. Although I did put a couple of rounds in a guy when it was down to 10 or so, but he got away.

GLORIOUS.
12/20/17 4:11 PM
2/3/10

Cant wait for them to release on ps4

12/20/17 4:12 PM
5/9/10
Just a heads up, they improved performance by at least 50% on pc. You may want to try it out.
12/20/17 4:54 PM
10/11/11
LovinBakersBalls - I seriously haven't moved in 9 real-life minutes on my current game. I love camping, so this totally works for me.

I hate players like you. 

12/20/17 4:56 PM
7/12/15
Homeslice -

Nothing like that. Jeeps, cars, motorcycles, buggies.
12/20/17 5:05 PM
9/22/16
Team Blackhouse Fan - 
LovinBakersBalls - I seriously haven't moved in 9 real-life minutes on my current game. I love camping, so this totally works for me.

I hate players like you. 

On Halo 4, with larger magazines and active stealth I had over 160,000 sniper kills. But my personal badge was a "No Camping" logo. Whoooooooooooo.
12/20/17 5:16 PM
7/12/15
Team Blackhouse Fan -

I hate players like you. 

You have to camp in this game a little to make it unless you're retardedly good.
12/20/17 5:21 PM
3/17/14

My SN is Kindkitten10201

Funny story. Feel free to add me. Im picking up the game tonight.

12/20/17 5:44 PM
1/1/01
StankieEdgar - 
Team Blackhouse Fan -

I hate players like you. 

You have to camp in this game a little to make it unless you're retardedly good.

Yeah that's what I've heard.

I've watched some videos of people playing and it seems like moving around a lot is an easy way to get yourself killed.

12/20/17 5:48 PM
2/12/12
LovinBakersBalls -
LovinBakersBalls - I seriously haven't moved in 9 real-life minutes on my current game. I love camping, so this totally works for me.

I just finished 2nd without getting a single kill. Although I did put a couple of rounds in a guy when it was down to 10 or so, but he got away.

GLORIOUS.
Lmfao. Best ive done was 3rd with a few kills i think. Im pretty terrible tho. This game is already one of my all-time favorites.