OtherGround Forums PlayerUnknown's Battleground: Xbox 1

12/20/17 5:51 PM
7/12/15
PatK -
StankieEdgar - 
Team Blackhouse Fan -
LovinBakersBalls - I seriously haven't moved in 9 real-life minutes on my current game. I love camping, so this totally works for me.

I hate players like you. 

You have to camp in this game a little to make it unless you're retardedly good.

Yeah that's what I've heard.

I've watched some videos of people playing and it seems like moving around a lot is an easy way to get yourself killed.

It's definitely about balance and mostly depends on where you land. I went into a big house with loads of great armor and weapons. The circle ended up shrinking down around it and I didn't have to leave until we were under 15 players left. If you end up outside of the circle at the start you will be moving a lot the whole time.
12/20/17 5:54 PM
4/14/12
3rd place with 8 kills my first game :)

I played PC though
12/20/17 6:01 PM
2/2/12
StankieEdgar -
LovinBakersBalls -
StankieEdgar - tap left trigger to aim down sights or through a scope

Thank you.

I downloaded it from the Xbox Live store, and there are zero instructions. I've got a page open with basic controller functions, but GOD DAMN how bout a tutorial from the developer?

Also, just killed a guy with a shotgun. While I was looting the body, someone headshot me with a M16. Lesson? Skip the loot if you're already well-heeled.
No problem. Aiming that way helped a ton for me. I usually only loot bodies if I'm in a house. Gunshots are loud and people with headphones on will know exactly which direction they came from.
A good way to avoid getting headshotted while looting or doing anything really is to always keep moving. If you are standing still you are an easy 1 shot target to anyone with a scope.

Even when healing you can move around a tiny bit to avoid letting someone line up a 1 shot kill. So just get used to moving forward and back and sideways at all times just enough where you don't cancel a heal or get out of looting when out in the open until it is second nature.

This is coming from playing on the pc with a keyboard but I imagine it would be even easier with a joystick.
12/20/17 6:09 PM
10/11/11
StankieEdgar -
PatK -
StankieEdgar - 
Team Blackhouse Fan -
LovinBakersBalls - I seriously haven't moved in 9 real-life minutes on my current game. I love camping, so this totally works for me.

I hate players like you. 

You have to camp in this game a little to make it unless you're retardedly good.

I've watched some videos of people playing and it seems like moving around a lot is an easy way to get yourself killed.

It's definitely about balance and mostly depends on where you land. I went into a big house with loads of great armor and weapons. The circle ended up shrinking down around it and I didn't have to leave until we were under 15 players left. If you end up outside of the circle at the start you will be moving a lot the whole time.

Ehh I don’t think you have to be retarded good. You have to be able to locate shots quickly and make smart moves when needed. I never camp anymore and although I’d get more wins if I did camp, I get plenty of wins. 

And honestly a win with 1 or 2 kills is not very satisfying. But the few 10+kill wins I have feel great. 

12/20/17 6:10 PM
9/22/16
StankieEdgar - 
PatK -
StankieEdgar - 
Team Blackhouse Fan -

I hate players like you. 

During my last game I got nearly completely in the center of the circle, armed myself to the teeth, then hidden in a bathroom on the second floor of a shitty house. I turned the volume on my television up super high, so I could hear if anyone opened any of the downstairs doors, then I did other shit.

I fed my dog and my wife's cats, threw a load of my son's clothes in the dryer, and grabbed a Mountain Dew. Sat down a few minutes after walking away, finished 7th with one kill.

YAAAAAAS.

It's like they made a game just for me. I don't care if I ever learn to aim.
12/20/17 6:10 PM
10/11/11

That being said I have never played on console. Using the janky controller it might be more difficult to run around and whip on people. 

12/20/17 6:13 PM
9/22/16
Team Blackhouse Fan - 

That being said I have never played on console. Using the janky controller it might be more difficult to run around and whip on people. 

Part of the problem is on XB1 it's running at less than 30 FPS. Every match starts at 30, you can see it lagging/stuttering, then it reduces the framerate and gameplay is normal, but you can't see shit. A player running on a hill a little ways away is simply a moving dot on my HDTV.

Supposedly they're working on patching it, but oh well.
12/20/17 8:08 PM
1/24/09
I had this problem too when i first started playing, looked up tips and watched a youtube vid where one of the best pubg players in NA said his number one tip was to drop into heavy populated areas and fight. He said the best way to get good at the game is to fight whenever possible, hear gun shots...run towards them.

Anyways i played the stealth game like you at first, but you put in too much time in a game and don't get enough experience getting in firefights, usually end up dying. So i started just not playing to win and instead playing to just kill people, i dropped into heavy populated areas or ran towards fighting. It works, I've gotten good enough where i can make it into top 10 pretty effortlessly with an average of like 4-5 kills, I've only won one solo a couple duo and only one squad but I've definitely gotten way better at the game. But once the area gets super small and theres only like 10 people left its sort of a crapshoot for whoever has the best piece of real estate usually takes it.

But yeah, play aggressive, only way to get good at killing people in the game is get into as many firefights as you can really.
12/21/17 1:22 AM
9/22/16
screen name 2 - I had this problem too when i first started playing, looked up tips and watched a youtube vid where one of the best pubg players in NA said his number one tip was to drop into heavy populated areas and fight. He said the best way to get good at the game is to fight whenever possible, hear gun shots...run towards them.

Anyways i played the stealth game like you at first, but you put in too much time in a game and don't get enough experience getting in firefights, usually end up dying. So i started just not playing to win and instead playing to just kill people, i dropped into heavy populated areas or ran towards fighting. It works, I've gotten good enough where i can make it into top 10 pretty effortlessly with an average of like 4-5 kills, I've only won one solo a couple duo and only one squad but I've definitely gotten way better at the game. But once the area gets super small and theres only like 10 people left its sort of a crapshoot for whoever has the best piece of real estate usually takes it.

But yeah, play aggressive, only way to get good at killing people in the game is get into as many firefights as you can really.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to give that a go in coming days. I'll also be hooking up my fairly high-quality headphones so I can locate the source of sounds better, as my living room doesn't have surround sound. When I made the final two earlier I could hear my opponent crawling, but couldn't tell which direction it was coming from. I would have hosed the facker if I had been able to locate the source.
12/21/17 2:08 AM
2/12/12
Just got my first chicken dinner, with 0 kills...
12/21/17 2:11 AM
9/22/16
fng1 - Just got my first chicken dinner, with 0 kills...

How? Did the other final 3 kill each other?
12/21/17 2:14 AM
3/16/10
LovinBakersBalls -

Either that or they died from the circle 

12/21/17 2:20 AM
9/22/16
Mike Litoris - 
LovinBakersBalls -

I've seen people try to do that at the end, when it's so tiny, if they have a good bit of health, they go outside the circle and try to shoot people in the circle. They ought to accelerate damage as the circle gets smaller. Y'know, small penalty when it's large (and people are traveling so far to make it), large penalty when it's small (and people are deliberately not inside).

I also saw someone win by repeatedly driving a Jeep through the final circle, running over the last opponent.
12/21/17 2:46 AM
1/24/09
LovinBakersBalls - 
screen name 2 - I had this problem too when i first started playing, looked up tips and watched a youtube vid where one of the best pubg players in NA said his number one tip was to drop into heavy populated areas and fight. He said the best way to get good at the game is to fight whenever possible, hear gun shots...run towards them.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to give that a go in coming days. I'll also be hooking up my fairly high-quality headphones so I can locate the source of sounds better, as my living room doesn't have surround sound. When I made the final two earlier I could hear my opponent crawling, but couldn't tell which direction it was coming from. I would have hosed the facker if I had been able to locate the source.

Yeah, I would say a decent headset is invaluable really like you said to be able to find where a noise is coming from.

Another thing you can look into if you want to be a real fucking dickhead is the xim4. It lets you hook up a keyboard and mouse to your Xbox and play with that instead of a controller. It's such an advantage that it's basically cheating, idk why it's allowed. I don't own one but my friend has one and I tried it and it's...its just unfair....like it's actually fucking stupid. I heard that they made a patch where you couldn't use it anymore but idk if that's true or not. Something to look into anyways
12/21/17 7:09 AM
2/2/12
LovinBakersBalls -
Mike Litoris - 
LovinBakersBalls -

I've seen people try to do that at the end, when it's so tiny, if they have a good bit of health, they go outside the circle and try to shoot people in the circle. They ought to accelerate damage as the circle gets smaller. Y'know, small penalty when it's large (and people are traveling so far to make it), large penalty when it's small (and people are deliberately not inside).

I also saw someone win by repeatedly driving a Jeep through the final circle, running over the last opponent.
That is how they do it. When the circle is small you can't survive it with full boosters for more than 5ish seconds
12/21/17 7:56 AM
1/1/01

thisgame is truelly campers paradise. it would have been a much better name for it. i understand people like it. but not my cup of tea. i like to rambo with mates. get a kill to death ratio of like 0.10 but that i dont give a fuck about as long as w ehave fun.

this game is just full of cowards, it upsets me way to much. like it brings all the nerds together on school that got bullied and put them all together in this game.

12/21/17 9:28 AM
2/12/12
CloudStrife -
LovinBakersBalls -
Mike Litoris - 
LovinBakersBalls -

That is how they do it. When the circle is small you can't survive it with full boosters for more than 5ish seconds
It wasnt planned. I usually play fairly aggressive. I was just way too undergeared to engage till nearly top 20. Each time i was about to engage an enemy, someone would pop up n beat me to it, so it was smarter to hang back. At the end me and the other player were battling in the same building and the circle closed to my side of the house and he didnt rush out of his spot fast enough. 86ed by the circle. Boom
12/21/17 12:07 PM
7/12/15
redeye2000 -

thisgame is truelly campers paradise. it would have been a much better name for it. i understand people like it. but not my cup of tea. i like to rambo with mates. get a kill to death ratio of like 0.10 but that i dont give a fuck about as long as w ehave fun.

this game is just full of cowards, it upsets me way to much. like it brings all the nerds together on school that got bullied and put them all together in this game.

it upsets you?
12/21/17 12:09 PM
1/1/01

Is this download only?

12/21/17 12:10 PM
1/1/01
StankieEdgar - 
redeye2000 -

it upsets you?

Don't feed the troll

12/21/17 12:22 PM
11/12/07
PatK -

Is this download only?

For now. It's technically still in game preview so until it's really a game no disc release. 

12/21/17 2:13 PM
2/12/12
awilson82 -
PatK -

Is this download only?

For now. It's technically still in game preview so until it's really a game no disc release. 

Its only 5 gigs or so
12/22/17 5:49 AM
9/22/16
fng1 - 
awilson82 -
PatK -

Is this download only?

Its only 5 gigs or so

Yep. Took about 20-30 minutes to DL and install.
12/22/17 1:00 PM
4/14/12
redeye2000 -

It is literally designed to do the opposite of what you're saying. Have you played much? You have to get lucky in order to camp, really lucky.
12/23/17 12:52 PM
11/12/07

Just had an excellent game. Snagged a UMP and lvl 3 vest right from the start and got in a close quarter fight with a guy with an UZI. Then looted for a long time and got a 416 but like no meds.

Had to run across the entire map and almost died twice from the gas. Picked up 2 more kills and had a 3 way gunfight while we all ran out of the gas. I was on the opposite of the circle each time. Finally got too greedy and took out another guy but it caused me to die to the gas. 

I fucking love this game. Strategy and positioning are so important and you have to put in so much more thought than other shooters.