OtherGround Forums PlayerUnknown's Battleground: Xbox 1

12/28/17 4:19 AM
10/14/10
LovinBakersBalls - Is anyone here playing on XB1? I'm looking for some pointers. I've had it a couple days, and have gotten into the top 20 a couple times by essentially stealthing, which is fine, as that's how I like to play other FPS games.

However, I simply cannot kill anyone. Ever. A few moments ago I was hiding in a bathroom, with a shotgun, had a police vest on, and surprised a guy coming through the door. I shot him twice at point blank range with the shotguy, and he basically turned around and one-shot me.

Anytime I ambush anyone I get killed, even when I have the element of surprise. Catch a guy running in the open and have him dead-center through my sight? Doesn't matter, he turns around and kills me. See a guy in a building and unload on him through the window? He comes outside and kills me.

I have yet to get a single kill, and am wondering if it's even possible at this point.

What's the deal? I mentioned this to my brother-in-law and he said this issue is why he quit playing on PC.

I don't know if anyone said it yet but turn your sensitivity down to 3 or so...when I first started I couldn't win a gun fight to save my life turned up my sensitivity and it was worst turning it down and now I win prob 80% of them

12/28/17 4:26 AM
9/22/16
JacksFuriouscumstain - 
LovinBakersBalls - Is anyone here playing on XB1? I'm looking for some pointers. I've had it a couple days, and have gotten into the top 20 a couple times by essentially stealthing, which is fine, as that's how I like to play other FPS games.

However, I simply cannot kill anyone. Ever. A few moments ago I was hiding in a bathroom, with a shotgun, had a police vest on, and surprised a guy coming through the door. I shot him twice at point blank range with the shotguy, and he basically turned around and one-shot me.

Anytime I ambush anyone I get killed, even when I have the element of surprise. Catch a guy running in the open and have him dead-center through my sight? Doesn't matter, he turns around and kills me. See a guy in a building and unload on him through the window? He comes outside and kills me.

I have yet to get a single kill, and am wondering if it's even possible at this point.

What's the deal? I mentioned this to my brother-in-law and he said this issue is why he quit playing on PC.

I don't know if anyone said it yet but turn your sensitivity down to 3 or so...when I first started I couldn't win a gun fight to save my life turned up my sensitivity and it was worst turning it down and now I win prob 80% of them

What's sensitivity?
12/28/17 4:27 AM
8/19/12
IMasturNateConstantly -

Cant wait for them to release on ps4

It's a Microsoft game is it not?
12/28/17 7:43 AM
11/12/07
TheHaunted2 -
IMasturNateConstantly -

Cant wait for them to release on ps4

It's a Microsoft game is it not?

No. They helped pay for and develop the Xbox port but its only a timed exclusive. That said it'll probably be 2019 before it's on PS4. 

12/28/17 7:46 AM
12/29/09
sub
12/28/17 8:09 AM
3/7/12

Best I’ve done is coming third. Had it since release, love the game. Not sure what the best strategy is when the circle is tiny. Seems to be drive around in circles if you’ve got a vehicle. 

12/28/17 8:20 AM
2/27/15

I’ve only read about this game but it sounds fucking terribly boring...I will prob buy it to give it a go but I’m very skeptical to say the least. Someone here came 2nd without shooting someone? And another dude didn’t move his character for 9mins while camping? This does not sound all that fun lol 

12/28/17 8:44 AM
10/30/05
JacksFuriouscumstain -

I did that as well as lowering my dead zone and it helped greatly. Not having aim assist like in CoD has been tough for me. Starting to do much better. My main issue now is figuring out the direction I am getting shot from. I have a great headset but this game seems to still throw me off with directional sounds. 

12/28/17 4:40 PM
9/22/16
Goochy Mang - 
JacksFuriouscumstain -

I did that as well as lowering my dead zone and it helped greatly. Not having aim assist like in CoD has been tough for me. Starting to do much better. My main issue now is figuring out the direction I am getting shot from. I have a great headset but this game seems to still throw me off with directional sounds. 

Yeah, I wish the on-screen blood spatter would indicate direction.
12/28/17 5:20 PM
10/14/10
LovinBakersBalls -
JacksFuriouscumstain - 

What's sensitivity?

I have mine on three

12/28/17 5:22 PM
9/22/16
JacksFuriouscumstain - 
LovinBakersBalls -
JacksFuriouscumstain - 

What's sensitivity?

I have mine on three

Going to do this when the wife goes to bed.
12/28/17 6:12 PM
3/21/11

They gotta do something with the vehicles. I made it to top 10 and the playing area got very small and all it was were 5 guys just driving around the boundaries and once they spotted me they all just came at me and ran me over. That makes it no fun if all you need is a vehicle and drive in circles just waiting. 

12/28/17 6:20 PM
3/17/14

Ill be on after 9pm.

I got soooo pissed last night. It was down to 15 people left and my squad had all 4 four people left. We were in the middle of the small circle in one of the condos next to the school.

We were well supplied and had a good place to hold up. Alot of gun fire was doing on around us and we were just chilling letting everyone else thin out the herd.

Then my city block lost power........

12/28/17 6:22 PM
9/22/16
BruteDion - 

Ill be on after 9pm.

I got soooo pissed last night. It was down to 15 people left and my squad had all 4 four people left. We were in the middle of the small circle in one of the condos next to the school.

We were well supplied and had a good place to hold up. Alot of gun fire was doing on around us and we were just chilling letting everyone else thin out the herd.

Then my city block lost power........

LOL

I got disconnected last night when it was the final seven or eight, and the circle was in a building near the prison. I was camped out in the bathroom, no damage, standing beside the door with a frying pan.

:( FML
12/28/17 6:46 PM
6/9/10
There are some good vids on YouTube about figuring out sounds/direction.
Edited: 12/28/17 7:49 PM
3/17/14

Oh and for the love of god, if your playing in a squad and you see something worth telling the others about. Dont just says "incoming people from the north". Give us the damn degrees on the compass.

For example.

Incoming Jeep from 355.

12/28/17 8:17 PM
10/30/05

Can’t tell you how many fuckin times this game has froze when I get down to the final ten. 

12/29/17 5:46 AM
8/19/12
Best I've got is 28th (not played much). My friend came round last night, having never played it and won! Pissed me off lol.
12/29/17 5:59 AM
10/12/12
ChiefMac -

I’ve only read about this game but it sounds fucking terribly boring...I will prob buy it to give it a go but I’m very skeptical to say the least. Someone here came 2nd without shooting someone? And another dude didn’t move his character for 9mins while camping? This does not sound all that fun lol 

This is the reason I like fortnite better. Same concept but It is a more fast paced. The map is smaller and you don't have to waste 10 minutes trying to find something other than a pistol. Don't get me wrong they are the same concept but also very different and both a great games on the pc but I've played them on the console and they deffinetly seem more like a cash grab on those because they run like shit.
12/29/17 7:50 AM
11/12/07
NickDiazsSpinningBackfist -
ChiefMac -

This is the reason I like fortnite better. Same concept but It is a more fast paced. The map is smaller and you don't have to waste 10 minutes trying to find something other than a pistol. Don't get me wrong they are the same concept but also very different and both a great games on the pc but I've played them on the console and they deffinetly seem more like a cash grab on those because they run like shit.

Your reasons are why I like PUBG. I want to struggle to find gear and have a big map that can fuck me on the circle and that I have no idea where anyone is. The sense of dread makes it more interesting and requires more thought. 

Plus I hate the cartoony graphics of fortnite and the building. Also the jump shot bullshit and some other game mechanics are terrible. 

12/29/17 9:19 AM
2/12/12
awilson82 -
NickDiazsSpinningBackfist -
ChiefMac -

Your reasons are why I like PUBG. I want to struggle to find gear and have a big map that can fuck me on the circle and that I have no idea where anyone is. The sense of dread makes it more interesting and requires more thought. 

Plus I hate the cartoony graphics of fortnite and the building. Also the jump shot bullshit and some other game mechanics are terrible. 

Same. Got 3 solo wins. 0 on duo and squad though. Its actually alot harder playing with others even when they are pretty good. This is the most fun ive had with a game in long time.
12/29/17 12:52 PM
1/1/01

This game is a fucking blast.

I don't know about you guys, but I get nervous as hell at the beginning of a game when I'm parachuting in to an area and when it's getting close to time to land, I see a bunch of other dudes landing and running into the buildings before my chute is off. I'm always afraid one of them is going to get armed up before I can find anything and I'll end up trapped in a building if I don't run off.

Some tips I've learned:

- Don't equip shoes. You make more noise with footwear.

- All doors that can be opened are closed when the game starts. So if you come across a building with an open doorway, someone is either in there or it's been looted. I always close the door when opening a building in case someone comes in when I'm searching it, because doors make much more noise than footsteps.

- You run much faster if you don't have a weapon equipped.

- If you come across a building with an open door and there's plenty of loot in it, there is a high chance that someone is close by.

- Don't leave any weapon with select fire on single shot.

-  Grenades are a great way to take care of assholes that are circling around in vehicles at the end of a game

12/29/17 12:58 PM
10/14/10

New solo squad mode

12/29/17 1:39 PM
7/12/15
apparently there's a random glitch where the airplane drops everyone at the same time

anyone had that happen? sounds kind of fun
12/29/17 2:08 PM
8/10/12
PatK -

This game is a fucking blast.

I don't know about you guys, but I get nervous as hell at the beginning of a game when I'm parachuting in to an area and when it's getting close to time to land, I see a bunch of other dudes landing and running into the buildings before my chute is off. I'm always afraid one of them is going to get armed up before I can find anything and I'll end up trapped in a building if I don't run off.

Some tips I've learned:

- Don't equip shoes. You make more noise with footwear.

- All doors that can be opened are closed when the game starts. So if you come across a building with an open doorway, someone is either in there or it's been looted. I always close the door when opening a building in case someone comes in when I'm searching it, because doors make much more noise than footsteps.

- You run much faster if you don't have a weapon equipped.

- If you come across a building with an open door and there's plenty of loot in it, there is a high chance that someone is close by.

- Don't leave any weapon with select fire on single shot.

-  Grenades are a great way to take care of assholes that are circling around in vehicles at the end of a game

single shot is the best way to pick people off from far away. you snipe with full auto? lol